False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Perhaps that is enough for you, simply, to seek. I don't know.
By the same reckoning, I could say that perhaps it is enough for you, simply, to settle for the package of answers Christianity offers you. And perhaps that is enough for my neighbours, simply, to settle for the package of answers that Islam offers them. Because you and my neighbours are religionists, do you think you are all more curious than me?

F

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I was hoping to "find out" more about what drives you.
Perhaps you are not listening. Perhaps you haven't been listening for years.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
'Ancient Hebrew mythology' sounds like a pretty accurate summary to me. I've never understood how you zealots can aggrandize your own scripture while blithely dismissing that of other religions.
If you have 'another religious text' that you would like to discuss just say so. You assume that all Christians have not considered other religions or religious texts?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If you have 'another religious text' that you would like to discuss just say so. You assume that all Christians have not considered other religions or religious texts?
If I wanted to discuss 'another religious text' with you I would have made this proposal without your exhortation.

I make no assumptions regarding 'all Christians'. The reverence with which the bible is considered by Christians is a matter of definition, is it not?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

If I wanted to discuss 'another religious text' with you I would have made this proposal without your exhortation.

I make no assumptions regarding 'all Christians'. The reverence with which the bible is considered by Christians is a matter of definition, is it not?
So when you said 'you zealots', who were you referring to in particular?

F

Moves
17 Aug 16

Ancient Hebrew mythology forms the basis of all three Abrahamic religions does it not?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

You, primarily, and anybody else misguided enough to think there is anything divine about scripture, Christian or otherwise.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

You, primarily, and anybody else misguided enough to think there is anything divine about scripture, Christian or otherwise.
Oh yes and you are absolutely certain that there is nothing devine about the scriptures?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 16

Oh yes and you are absolutely certain that there is nothing devine about the scriptures?
I like how the 40 authors of the Bible over a span over how many years put together the
Bible.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

Why yes, I am. Absolutely.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

Why yes, I am. Absolutely.
So you honestly think that you know everything there is to know?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16
2 edits

So you honestly think that you know everything there is to know?
Hmm, you might need to go back and re-read my posts. I haven't claimed anything of the sort.

(incidentally, that's not my downvote, I don't do those)

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

Hmm, you might need to go back and re-read my posts. I haven't claimed anything of the sort.

(incidentally, that's not my downvote, I don't do those)
How can you be absolutely sure about your claims if don't know everything there is to know?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

How can you be absolutely sure about your claims if don't know everything there is to know?
You believe you need to know everything in order to know anything? What an odd position to take.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16
1 edit

You believe you need to know everything in order to know anything? What an odd position to take.
To make the claim "I am absolutely sure the Bible is not divinely inspired", you need to know everything there is to know about the Bible, which you don't.