False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
To make the claim "I am absolutely sure the Bible is not divinely inspired", you need to know everything there is not know about the Bible, which you don't.
What arrant nonsense. Tell me, Fetchmyjunk, how old are you?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
[b]What arrant nonsense.
So tell me then why you think you can be absolutely sure that the Bible isn't divinely inspired?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Aug 16

So tell me then why you think you can be absolutely sure that the Bible isn't divinely inspired?
The same way sir you can be absolutely sure that penguins didn't invent the game of monopoly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The same way sir you can be absolutely sure that penguins didn't invent the game of monopoly.
What do you know about the Bible with respect to how it was put together?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
What do you know about the Bible with respect to how it was put together?
A great deal. Yourself?

(As an aside, on what basis do you purport that the bible is divinely inspired?)

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

If you can't see it already then nothing I say is gonna help you. Take a degree in archaeology and ancient history and see if that helps.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Aug 16

If you can't see it already then nothing I say is gonna help you. Take a degree in archaeology and ancient history and see if that helps.
I take it you have a degree in archeology and ancient history? If so how did it help you in your absolute certainty?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Aug 16

A great deal. Yourself?

(As an aside, on what basis do you purport that the bible is divinely inspired?)
I'm impressed with the Book itself, 66 books, 40 different writers, over a time period of
1,500 years. Unlike several other religious books from a single source. I've also taken
the Word of God as true and searched out the God those 40 authors wrote about.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 16

Another who claims that God and science cannot co-exist harmoniously?

Actually, you're not alone. Most people "pick" a side and then cannot be moved by any argument. Most people therefore prefer to remain ignorant of half of the human experience.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Perhaps you are not listening. Perhaps you haven't been listening for years.
Well, I do know "more" than I did before.

And now you are back to defensive, "closed-off" mode. I get it.

I don't endorse it, but I get it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

I take it you have a degree in archeology and ancient history? If so how did it help you in your absolute certainty?
Why is it that you continue asking questions but never answer any?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Another who claims that God and science cannot co-exist harmoniously?

Actually, you're not alone. Most people "pick" a side and then cannot be moved by any argument. Most people therefore prefer to remain ignorant of half of the human experience.
Another who constructs erroneous conclusions?

I'm quite prepared to accept that there may be a god or even multiple gods.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 16

Are the Romans verses referenced erroneous?! - You have said once that they were taken out of context but have given no explanation for that claim. Until you do, your comments are nonsensical.
As an aside, I believe your sense of what the Romans passages are saying is in error.

I don't exactly have time for this right now, but I thought so then, and I still think so. I'll go back later and look at the posts in question again.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 16

Another who constructs erroneous conclusions?

I'm quite prepared to accept that there may be a god or even multiple gods.
But you pointed to science to explain why you disbelieve in the divine source of the Bible.

My point here is not your disbelief or the "wiggle-room" that you have for a god, but the co-existence of God and science. Could they not both exist far more harmoniously than most people assume?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
But you pointed to science to explain why you disbelieve in the divine source of the Bible.

My point here is not your disbelief or the "wiggle-room" that you have for a god, but the co-existence of God and science. Could they not both exist far more harmoniously than most people assume?
It's not really science that enables me to be absolutely certain that the bible is nothing at all to do with god. And yes, you may well be right, god and science may well be able to coexist harmoniously, or more harmoniously than most people assume (not sure that most people assume that they can't though).