All Games / Inbox folder confusion

All Games / Inbox folder confusion

Announcements

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
81d
1 edit

The update today defaulted to the All Games root folder, rather than the Inbox subfolder, when viewing My Games for the first time.

This appears to have caused plenty of confusion - believing that games can't be archived, and that old games are resurfacing. The game are actually archived already if you see this error.

So select Inbox as your current folder (now the new default to avoid this going forward).

If the sorting is not how you like it, select the icon with the two triangles pointing up/down to change the sort order.

If your preferences are not being remembered, please send feedback.

J
Curmudgeon Supreme

Jackson, Michigan

Moves
81d

@Russ

I can't seem to get my game list setup back to the way it was. I want it to a) show the games listed by time limit; 3-7 first, then 7-7 next, then 21-21 and more last.

Can I get it setup with 20 games per page, too?

Thanks for your help,

Jayboman1579

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
80d

@Russ
I have my settings on my move ,oldest moves.
If I select another option such as opponents move when I go back to my move,even though it still says oldest move on the triangle options it shows a different order,If I select least time remaining and then go back to oldest moves it works.
Not a major issue really as I have oldest moves selected most of the time

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
80d

@venda

This definitely sounds cookie related.

I will try to expire legacy cookies to fix this for everyone.

But, for now, to confirm this, do you know how to remove specific cookies?

Erro Ergo Sum

In the Green Room

Moves
80d

I think these new changes are essentially confusing and useless. They have not improved anything and have made some things worse. For example, the list of games in my inbox is now much smaller than before, making the page difficult to read. I would like to ask that everything be returned to the way they were before, because the entire site was much easier to read and navigate.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
80d

@AttilaTheHorn

Regarding the small My Games table view:

Thread 199620

If you need to see an image on how to change this, here is a Twitter post with a screen shot. Also on FB.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
79d

@Russ
Not really,but I could find out by googling

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
79d

@venda said
@Russ
Not really,but I could find out by googling
And did it resolve your earlier problems?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
79d

@Russ said
And did it resolve your earlier problems?
I haven't tried anything yet.
It seems there's a lot of pressing issues for you to work on at the moment.
My issues wjth the default in my games and the chess puzzles are not important compared to some of the other stuff.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
79d

@venda said
I haven't tried anything yet.
It seems there's a lot of pressing issues for you to work on at the moment.
My issues wjth the default in my games and the chess puzzles are not important compared to some of the other stuff.
Potentially, the persistence of the My Games preferences is a primary issue, as I suspect that is what is throwing some people off balance. (In the context of the My Games page, anyway.)

Now, to me, things are not that much different, so I suspect something else is going on.

A legacy cookie issue could be largely to blame if sorting settings/folder choices are not persisted between requests. (e.g. you select something, and then the results displayed don't match.)

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
79d

@Russ
Hi Russ
I cleared out all my cookies and logged in again
No change I'm afraid.
The default is always the top one on the list i.e newest games,even though my preferences say oldest moves.If I click newest games and then oldest moves it works and sticks unless I select a different option and then it defaults to newest games again.
Hope this helps

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
79d

@venda said
@Russ
Hope this helps
It actually was useful to know this didn't fix it for you, as after investigating it myself too, I could turn my attention elsewhere. Thanks.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
79d

@Russ said
It actually was useful to know this didn't fix it for you, as after investigating it myself too, I could turn my attention elsewhere. Thanks.
Here's something that might be helpful with the "My Games" difficulties!

When going to 'my games', when you are in the individual game folders it might be helpful if you add labels to all of the button images, similar to the text labels we see when we do a mouse-over of the notification, messages, and games waiting buttons up there on the top bar. Or just add a fixed text label under each button.

I noticed that the 'refresh' icon does have a label which you can see when you move the mouse arrow over the image. I think you have added text labels to some while others are not labeled, so that means when we look at a button, we have to try and figure out what it's for.

Clicking the button will usually help find out what it does, but a standard pop-up text label might be more user-friendly. Some of us prefer to know what a button does before we push it.

So I hope this was a helpful observation and that it will give you something to do in your spare time. 🙂

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
79d

@mwmiller said
Here's something that might be helpful with the "My Games" difficulties!

When going to 'my games', when you are in the individual game folders it might be helpful if you add labels to all of the button images, similar to the text labels we see when we do a mouse-over of the notification, messages, and games waiting buttons up there on the top bar. Or just add a fixed te ...[text shortened]... hope this was a helpful observation and that it will give you something to do in your spare time. 🙂
You are right, I should (and will) add the "tool tips". The gradual move to touch devices means they are losing their purpose generally, but that is not a good reason to not add them for everyone else.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
79d

@Russ said
You are right, I should (and will) add the "tool tips". The gradual move to touch devices means they are losing their purpose generally, but that is not a good reason to not add them for everyone else.
Already "Done and Dusted"?
Your response time is scaring me, Russ!

Now we will just hope it makes a difference! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.