Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 21:08
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:052 edits
    Can we resize the image ourselves if it isn't the right size after you have done your updating? Our image has been cut off either side and has pink edges.
  3. Standard memberdeltapreacher
    El Gato Grande
    Mississippi Delta
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:23
    good question on the re-sizing and instructions on uploading 'cause right now my profile pix, my animated avatar (no longer makes any sense) and my clan logo looks anemic. i think the idea has a good basis - and will wait for the transition before complaints ... but right now - yuck !!
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:321 edit
    Hopefully this will have no effect on our nifty non-sub avatars. 😏
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 23:36
    Originally posted by Russ
    We are about to change the policy of allowing externally hosted images for avatars, profiles pictures and clan logos. Instead, all images will be uploaded to RHP and hosted from our servers.

There are a number of benefits to this, including:

* Easier for non-web savvy users to get images uploaded.
    * Prevents outrageously large files being used (killin ...[text shortened]... y take 24 hours to complete, so there will be a period where images cannot be modified.

-Russ
    Oh no! Will this harm my profile counter too?

(Most likely... Sigh...)
  6. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 00:211 edit
    I can't even type in an avatar URL anymore. This new system stinks. 😠

Has anyone else notice that their avatar photo has disappeared on them? 😠
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 03:40
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Also, images will now all be 50x50? So when you see that avatar and you have no idea what it is there is no way to view it at normal size anymore by following the link?

Gah!

P-
    How about you make your forum image such that it isn't just a blob of colour at 50x50? Or how about RHP increases forum avatar sizes.
  8. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 07:32
    Will there be a size restriction on picture files? If so, this sucks.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 07:56
    In my profile photo, I had a link to a web camera from a rooftop showing the city square of Göteborg City.
    With every reload the picure changed, you could see trams, people, traffic, weather, day- or night-light, the picture was never the same.
    I'm actually quite proud of the idea.

Now the picture is frozen of the rainy day of april 23rd, at 18.39 in the evening. It doesn't change anymore. Quit boring, I'd say.

I want it to be as before.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 07:592 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    In my profile photo, I had a link to a web camera from a rooftop showing the city square of Göteborg City.
    With every reload the picure changed, you could see trams, people, traffic, weather, day- or night-light, the picture was never the same.
    I'm actually quite proud of the idea.

Now the picture is frozen of the rainy day of april 23rd, at 18.39 ...[text shortened]... n the evening. It doesn't change anymore. Quit boring, I'd say.

I want it to be as before.
    That's nothing. I had the greatest avatar of all*, changing avatar, profile
    and private forum avatar on each request. 😞

* Because I say so, and don't even try to tell me otherwise. I'm best, thus,
    my avatar was best. Live with it, people. 🙁
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 10:39
    Can we get this mess sorted out soon as my clan logo is still missing and my clan looks boring compared to other top clans who seem to have their clan logos complete - I know a lot of these clans are hot linking their images, so why have they not suffered the same treatment.

Surely the fair thing would have been to take down all the clan images until this is resolved, otherwise is make us look bad!
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 11:28
    You will be able to upload a new clan logo in a few hours.

-Russ
  13. Standard memberRosePetal
    Aromatic
    God's Flower Pot
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 12:42
    Originally posted by deltapreacher
    good question on the re-sizing and instructions on uploading 'cause right now my profile pix, my animated avatar (no longer makes any sense) and my clan logo looks anemic. i think the idea has a good basis - and will wait for the transition before complaints ... but right now - yuck !!
    I totally agree.. change is always a pain at first, but I think the idea is a great one. It will be easier when it's all done.. but about clan logos.. Mighty Warriors fringed in "pink"? yuck! lol Now green would have been nice.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 16:32
    Despite my efforts, this is delayed again until AM GMT tomorrow at the earliest.

-Russ

BTW : "The Dragons Lair" has had its logo resized and uploaded manually.
  15. Standard memberLoose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    The House of Pain.
    Moves
    24 Apr '07 16:33
    Originally posted by Russ
    You will be able to upload a new clan logo in a few hours.

-Russ
    When can we upload a new avatar?

I'm feeling kind of naked right now. 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree