Blitz feature added

Blitz feature added

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 May 07
1 edit

An icon has been added to the right of the icon bar, which when clicked accesses the RHP Blitz microsite.

All blitz games are currently unrated.

This is currently in beta, and will evolve if it proves popular.

-Russ

Moves
09 May 07

cheers russ, been asking for this for awhile, great feature.

Tacoma, WA

Moves
09 May 07

kudos...great added feature Russ.

a

omnipresent

Moves
09 May 07

I love it too, although I'd like a rating for blitz...

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
09 May 07

Originally posted by angie88
I love it too, although I'd like a rating for blitz...
Me too. I guess this is part of the evolvement, eventually...

b

California

Moves
10 May 07

I like the availability of a blitz game. Good job bringing it up. I also like the drag and drop concept.

Wish list: I would like to see a bigger board and to view other games in play.

b

California

Moves
10 May 07

Russ,

Add to my wish list: create a new rating category called blitz rating.

To be followed by some blitz tournament later as demand increase.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 May 07

This will all happen. uChess already has ratings, and I have just re-used the uChess code, so this isn't a huge modification to what we have. Viewing games in progress is a different kettle of fish though and will require significant re-engineering. Not a problem, the code needs it anyway, but it will take some time particularly as there are other priorities at the moment.

-Russ

b

California

Moves
10 May 07

Great! As the saying goes, no russ(h). Good job with the blitz feature.
I played a game last night. It was hella fun. I also like the auto timer. One thing less to worry about during a game.

z

Moves
10 May 07

A little clunky compared to the polish of playchess and certain FICS modules (Babas) but nice feature nonetheless. The fact that it runs in the browser is a bonus.

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
11 May 07

Yea, a bigger board would help alot and of course blitz ratings. My blitz is so poor i hate to see my rhp rating next to my name at a blitz site. Also, i didn't even notice a new blitz site had gone up until someone mentioned it in forum. If Russ wants it to be popular he needs something bigger/flashier on RHP page. Just some thoughts.

r
Orc slayer

Gondor

Moves
11 May 07

being able to chat outside of games would be nice too. GREAT FEATURE!

I
King of slow

Moves
12 May 07

I second the "Chat outside game" feature request. Although, I can see how it might turn RHP into a chat room, I think it could at least be made a subscriber only feature or something.

That and the ability to challenge other players directly rather than just offering game to the crowd.

F

Moves
12 May 07

This is great! instead of hitting the refresh button, people can play blitz 😀 just a suggestion but a seperate blitz rating would probably be a good idea when the games become rated...

G

Stockholm, Sweden

Moves
12 May 07

I am such a person who likes to use my 19" monitor.. but what I get right now is a small icon-sized board. Would it be possible to enlarge it (alot)? Bigger is better.