1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 16:201 edit
    The series of consultation votes last month illustrated how closely opinion was divided on some of the proposed changes to the clan tables, so we are not expecting everyone to warm to the updates.

What we do have now is a table focusing on annual position using net points as the default table view, rather than the gross wins from the start of time we had before.

The other significant change is that games must be played beyond move 8 if a draw is to result in any points being allocated.
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 17:08
    Good changes I'd say, thanks Russ
  3. Amsterdam
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 18:49
    I can't edit my previous post anymore, so a new one..

Russ, good to have the primary ranking based on annual net points...

But where are the all time total points??????????????

Don't hide those, that's valuable history, what some clans have been working on for years!!
  4. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 20:06
    I am glad to see the changes in motion and do like the look of the new scoring system. I am also noticing that the individual clan pages have a new look too.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 00:15
    Originally posted by Russ
    The series of consultation votes last month illustrated how closely opinion was divided on some of the proposed changes to the clan tables, so we are not expecting everyone to warm to the updates.

What we do have now is a table focusing on annual position using net points as the default table view, rather than the gross wins from the start of time we had b ...[text shortened]... is that games must be played beyond move 8 if a draw is to result in any points being allocated.
    Some good changes but the draw option is still flawed as all people will do is make the necessary 8 moves to get the necessary points
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 04:391 edit
    It is good to see the changes. One nice thing about computers, of which I know nothing but pushing the buttons and mouse, is that a different table or prefernce can always be tried to see what is the best.

I like the 8 move rule too, but I think that there's still some room for improvements.

1. the 8 move rule should be allowed for appeal. it would only be appealed by a clan and member with integrity, as any abuse would show up on the appeal anyway.

2. ridiculous abuses of the system should not be allowed, just as other abuses aren't allowed. if a clan (not to mention any names) has a record with a huge number of 8 move 2 minute draws and a huge number of mismatches against some obviously dummy pretend clan, then the clan leader and the clan should be disciplined through forfeitures and bans from clan play.

it may be hard to prove in some cases, but that wouldn't be the point. once the abuse becomes obvious, then the action can be taken. it's just the same as engine users and other abuses right? (maybe not, but it seems like it to me)
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 07:531 edit
    Not bad. I still think it would be nice to have all time total net and gross points listed somewhere for active clans tho.
  8. Farnborough
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 09:281 edit
    It's a sad day for Devoted to Dogs, who have always tried to play fair challenges but who, due to this change, are down to page 19 out of 21. 🙁

Even more sad, is that the clans who have cheated their way to a good net figure benefit from the change. 🙁

I know you have tried to improve things Russ, but at the end of the day the cheats have won. 🙁

Time to move on methinks.
  9. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:18
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Some good changes but the draw option is still flawed as all people will do is make the necessary 8 moves to get the necessary points
    I don't think this is going to be as big a problem as you may think, as going more than 3 moves will effect your rating.
  10. SubscriberD4V
    Hard Spanker
    Verona, Italy
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 10:55
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    But where are the all time total points??????????????

Don't hide those, that's valuable history, what some clans have been working on for years!!
    I'm with Amsterdamn. I think "all time score system" should be visible. What is the reason to cancel it?
  11. Bristol, UK
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 13:41
    So are points allocated to the year in which the challenge was started or the year it finishes?
  12. SubscriberD4V
    Hard Spanker
    Verona, Italy
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 22:10
    Originally posted by Gixxer
    So are points allocated to the year in which the challenge was started or the year it finishes?
    Even a 8 years old boy can answer.
    I'm 7.
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 01:09
    Originally posted by Goggy
    It's a sad day for Devoted to Dogs, who have always tried to play fair challenges but who, due to this change, are down to page 19 out of 21. 🙁

Even more sad, is that the clans who have cheated their way to a good net figure benefit from the change. 🙁

I know you have tried to improve things Russ, but at the end of the day the cheats have won. 🙁

Time to move on methinks.
    I have to agree.
    The changes are welcomed in one breath but they still hand out positions based on how unscrupulous the leaders have been.
    My personal view is that come January (my renewal date) I for one have no intention of continuing my membership.
    For years I have played in clans and managed clans and am sickened that the Metallicas and Amsterdams are rewarded for lopsided challenges.
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 12:41
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I have to agree.
    The changes are welcomed in one breath but they still hand out positions based on how unscrupulous the leaders have been.
    My personal view is that come January (my renewal date) I for one have no intention of continuing my membership.
    For years I have played in clans and managed clans and am sickened that the Metallicas and Amsterdams are rewarded for lopsided challenges.
    What would you suggest to sort it out?
  15. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 13:20
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Agreed,why 8?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree