1. Joined
    08 Jun '20
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 01:29
    I understand true vulgar comments.

They have no place anywhere.
    Reporting facts should always be allowed.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 01:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think perhaps the chap saying black people were disgusting might actually have been a factor, hey?

It is also not okay to make constant defamatory comments about other posters, especially when unsubstantiated. This is not something we would tolerate elsewhere in life.
    Yes, Pete pointed out how bad it would be if, say, a black teenager came onto the forum - what would they think of the chess community?

And I reiterate that if a new system is implemented, there should be a strike system with a reset, which is sufficient but not draconian enough to stifle free speech.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 02:573 edits
    @ashiitaka said
    Limiting subs posting would give them an incentive to pony up if they really thought unlimited posting here had worth.

It's good economics not to encourage free riders.

Ahh, so now you are pivoting away from your evident belief that discriminating against non-subs would improve the quality of the forum (it wouldn't) and instead are saying that everyone should h ...[text shortened]... eart of the community" ) started becoming depopulated because of absurd and illogical posting rules?
    I hate to break it to ya, but the same thing can have two favorable consequences.

Limiting non-sub posting would both improve the quality of the forums AND cause those who were seriously enamored of unlimited posting to subscribe. Granted, there won't be many of the latter but one can always hope.

Were you as outraged when Russ "discriminated" against new members by not allowing posting until they had made 10 moves? https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/announcements/full-forum-posting-privileges-only-after-10-moves.183179

Is that an "absurd and illogical posting rule" that would tend to "depopulate" the Debates Forum?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 03:20
    @russ said
    When it returns, the process for alerting posts will be improved and open to all, rather than just subscribers.

I would encourage all to alert posts that they find objectionable when it returns.
    So what are the forum rules aboit what is not allowed?

Is it that another person finds it objectionable? Or is it that the person broke tos?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 03:24
    @eladar said
    So what are the forum rules aboit what is not allowed?

Is it that another person finds it objectionable? Or is it that the person broke tos?
    You agree to not use the Service to:

Post, email or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

https://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/termsofservice.php

Debates had gotten to be a sewer of "hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;" posts.

I tried to get people to play nice with my "Forum Posting Guidelines" but it obviously didn't work.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 03:302 edits
    @no1marauder said

Post, email or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

Debates had got ...[text shortened]...
    I tried to get people to play nice with my "Forum Posting Guidelines" but it obviously didn't work.
    Ah, so if it is objectionable in another person's eyes.

I wonder if this rule will be held up equally. I expect that if I find it objectionable, my objection will be upheld.

Anything that at all puts down whites or Christians or conservatives will be reported.

By the way the spirituality forum needs this update too.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 10:35
    @joe-shmo said

Moderator Alerted!
    Thank you.
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 10:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 11:46
    @no1marauder said
    With all due respect, no1, you didn't exactly always stick to your guidelines. While you're certainly more chilled than you were in 2010ish, your style can hardly be described as "playing nice."

You know what Justice Brandies said about leading by example.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 11:492 edits
    @no1marauder said

Debates had got ...[text shortened]...
    Don't act like you are innocent. You once told me to Go F...Myself because I called you out on misinterpreting a graph. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as hateful or otherwise objectionable rhetoric.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 11:57
    @uglytoproll said
    I understand true vulgar comments.

They have no place anywhere.
    Reporting facts should always be allowed.
    One person's "facts" are often rational people's fiction.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 12:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You don't want to be called a racist, then don't be a racist.

Simple as.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 12:16
    @uglytoproll said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Who decides?
    A leftist?
    They ignore facts to save face lest they be called racist.
    Just stop it.

You keep lying even in the face of a forum shutdown, and then claim you love the site.

The fact is that all the money you've spent on this site has basically been a bribe to Russ to keep you on. Otherwise you'd be only a memory in the history of this site, as you should be.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 13:15
    @uglytoproll said
    @Earl-of-Trumps

Who decides?
    A leftist?
    They ignore facts to save face lest they be called racist.
    🚩
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 13:19
    @eladar said
    That was not sarcasm. I would like the right to report posts.

Most of the time it is sarcasm, but I like the update.
    This would explain a lot of your posts

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree