1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    09 Nov '12 17:31
    Welcome back everyone! Apologies for the slow site performance earlier today, and then the forum outage that followed (although site performance was dramatically improved during this period.)

    We hope that the site performance issue of recent days has been addressed now, although we are monitoring everything right now.

    Searching by forum post author is disabled right now, as is viewing all posts by a single author. This will return Monday.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58880
    09 Nov '12 20:07
    Originally posted by Russ
    Welcome back everyone! Apologies for the slow site performance earlier today, and then the forum outage that followed (although site performance was dramatically improved during this period.)

    We hope that the site performance issue of recent days has been addressed now, although we are monitoring everything right now.

    Searching by forum post author is disabled right now, as is viewing all posts by a single author. This will return Monday.
    Thanks for the post.
    I thought my machine had finally given up.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    12 Nov '12 23:57
    Originally posted by Russ
    Welcome back everyone! Apologies for the slow site performance earlier today, and then the forum outage that followed (although site performance was dramatically improved during this period.)

    We hope that the site performance issue of recent days has been addressed now, although we are monitoring everything right now.

    Searching by forum post author is disabled right now, as is viewing all posts by a single author. This will return Monday.
    I guess you never said which Monday. 😛
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316914
    13 Nov '12 00:08
    We seem to have gone into super-slow mode, to the point where I'm running RHP on two separate tabs so that I don't have to stare at a screen for two minutes each time.
  5. Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    446996
    14 Nov '12 01:52
    Still excruciating from my viewpoint as well...
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316914
    14 Nov '12 06:38
    I'm seriously thinking about opening a third tab, it's just so agonisingly slow.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    14 Nov '12 15:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm seriously thinking about opening a third tab, it's just so agonisingly slow.
    I can see no obvious performance issues from here right now. I'll take another look at anything that may have been missed.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    14 Nov '12 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I'm seriously thinking about opening a third tab, it's just so agonisingly slow.
    Is your experience consistently bad, or just from time to time?

    Is it better earlier in the day, then gets progressively worse, for example, or does the performance change throughout the day for better or worse?
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316914
    14 Nov '12 16:082 edits
    I'm on UMT+11 right now (east coast Australia) and it's marginally better now than it was 4 hours ago, but where I used to have good player board, bad forum, now I have bad for player board, better for forum. I click "submit move" and the first "connecting to redhotpawn.com" message appears in 3 or 4 seconds but then it's a wait of up to a minute or so, sometimes more, before the page goes away. It doesn't vary much as the Europe and US timezones come and go. It's noticeably slower than other UK or US sites.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58880
    14 Nov '12 19:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    Is your experience consistently bad, or just from time to time?

    Is it better earlier in the day, then gets progressively worse, for example, or does the performance change throughout the day for better or worse?
    Not noticed any serious slowdown in the U.K since your "fix"
    It's marginally slower around 14:00 gmt for a while but that may be my virus checker when I first log on, or possibly the U.S.coming online increasing net traffic
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    15 Nov '12 03:14
    It has been slow here all day long.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    15 Nov '12 13:031 edit
    We have had a few brief minutes of downtime at approx 12:45 GMT today. This was as some modification were being applied.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    15 Nov '12 13:571 edit
    Can you tell me if it is when viewing "My Games" that you notice the slow down? Or all requests.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    15 Nov '12 15:40
    Originally posted by Russ
    Can you tell me if it is when viewing "My Games" that you notice the slow down? Or all requests.
    All. Hook up a nuclear server.
    I like life in the fast lane.
    See if you can steal some plutonium from Sellafield
    to power the site.

    🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    16 Nov '12 00:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    Can you tell me if it is when viewing "My Games" that you notice the slow down? Or all requests.
    Hard to pin point. Most generally the forum links are slowest, although at time the game page is slow also.
Back to Top