Game moderation reloaded

Game moderation reloaded

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
09 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
I guess you can get corrupt policemen and judges on the take, but does that necessitate the dropping of the police force, or scrapping the judicial system?

The system is not corrupt. The fact that we arrived where we are today shows that it works. Game mods, like anyone else, are not above rule 3(b). It applies to each and every one of us playing here.
You are absolutely correct. Well said !

i

Moves
09 Mar 08

I would suggest, though, that a definite procedure be created in advance for what is going to happen if one of the members of the team is ever accused again. Will they be allowed to remain as part of the team while their case is being reviewed, etc.--however it's going to work needs to be decided well in advance to avoid this kind of situation happening again in the future.

Maybe it will never happen, but to not consider it at all is the kind of thinking that led to the current situation.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
09 Mar 08

Yes to David Tebb, Gatecrasher, !~Tony~!.

I say 'NO' to no1mauder.

Neutral on Korch, only because I don't have enough information on him at the moment.

If I left any others out I am sorry, I must have missed it somewhere. This thread seems rather unorganized and not knowing how many positions are available and how many candidates are in fact willing to participate makes it difficult. What exactly are the rules. We need to know ahead of time.

Example: five openings exist(secret) Only five volunteers apply.

Four are voted in by the comunity.

One is voted out by the comunity.

Does that mean because there are five spots available the fifth one is installed by default?

M

Moves
09 Mar 08

My personal vote's irrelevant since I'd be a "donkey voter". But I'd like to see two separate Game Moderator teams of 3 each, looking at different cases. The alternate team could then be used where an individual moderator was suspect, or where there was a strong connection between the suspect and one of the moderators. In cases where the 3 didn't agree conclusively, the other team could then tackle the same case independently.

The workload on any individual or team should then be less demanding because only a few of the cases would require the attention of both teams.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
09 Mar 08

That's an interesting idea. I wonder what Russ thinks?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
09 Mar 08

Here is list of people who have applied:

cmsMaster
irontigran
!~TONY~!
Korch
Gatecrasher
pineapple42
gezza
no1marauder
David Tebb

Moves
09 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
Here is list of people who have applied:

cmsMaster
irontigran
!~TONY~!
Korch
Gatecrasher
pineapple42
gezza
no1marauder
David Tebb
I think you've missed a couple of names:-

cmsMaster
irontigran
!~TONY~!
Korch
Gatecrasher
pineapple42
gezza
no1marauder
David Tebb

but also

vipiu - a non-subscriber, so that might disqualify him, but been playing on the site since July 2006.

Phlabibit - a very experienced Game Mod.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
I think you've missed a couple of names:-

cmsMaster
irontigran
!~TONY~!
Korch
Gatecrasher
pineapple42
gezza
no1marauder
David Tebb

but also

[b]vipiu
- a non-subscriber, so that might disqualify him, but been playing on the site since July 2006.

Phlabibit - a very experienced Game Mod.[/b]
I agree about vipiu, but I still havent notice that Phlabibit have applied to new mod team - he have posted about everything except that.

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
I agree about vipiu, but I still havent notice that Phlabibit have applied to new mod team - he have posted about everything except that.
He applied on page 7 of this thread.

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by MissOleum
My personal vote's irrelevant since I'd be a "donkey voter". But I'd like to see two separate Game Moderator teams of 3 each, looking at different cases. [...]
I am not sure I would want to impose separate teams. Work would have to be split between them, but I would leave it up to the mods to decide how.

From earlier in the thread, "what if a mod is reported?"
Any investigation of a mod should be carried out by all the others. My guess at a way of organising would be to e.g. investigate all mods at election, and again each year (or when reported, if that is sooner). A yearly re-election might be too often - loss of accumulated knowledge, but should be considered.

N

The sky

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by MissOleum
My personal vote's irrelevant since I'd be a "donkey voter". But I'd like to see two separate Game Moderator teams of 3 each, looking at different cases. The alternate team could then be used where an individual moderator was suspect, or where there was a strong connection between the suspect and one of the moderators. In cases where the 3 didn't agree ...[text shortened]... less demanding because only a few of the cases would require the attention of both teams.
That makes a lot of sense. Maybe the coffee boy could work for both teams. 😉

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
He applied on page 7 of this thread.
Guilty :'(

So the list of candidates so far looks like following:

cmsMaster
irontigran
!~TONY~!
Korch
Gatecrasher
pineapple42
gezza
no1marauder
David Tebb
vipiu
Phlabibit

SiV

Moves
09 Mar 08

I'm for David Tebb, Gatecrasher and Korch.

I played against the 3 : they are terrific players, full of surprise. They are definetely humanoids.

Personal message to David Tebb : I liked sooo much your Mr Bond profile. Please Mr Tebb, put back your Bond photo. I strongly believe that you have lost a few points because you changed it in the first place.

K

Moves
09 Mar 08

I would like it KNOWN to all now that I have applied personally to RUSS for over 2 years without even the courteousy of a reply. I find this whole process a bit skewwed to popularisim! And the so called great idea discussed above is 2 years behind the learning curve 🙁 already mentioned! If even half the allegations are to be believed that are now swirling around and doing irrepairable harm to the respect of this site I would toss two players off that list immediately! I don't run this site, I am here to play a few games of chess not get imbroglioed in party politics 🙁

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Mar 08

Originally posted by Katonah
I would like it KNOWN to all now that I have applied personally to RUSS for over 2 years without even the courteousy of a reply. I find this whole process a bit skewwed to popularisim! And the so called great idea discussed above is 2 years behind the learning curve 🙁 already mentioned! If even half the allegations are to be believed that are now swirling a ...[text shortened]... run this site, I am here to play a few games of chess not get imbroglioed in party politics 🙁
You joined less than a year ago, how could you have "applied personally to RUSS for over 2 years"????????