Game moderation reloaded

Game moderation reloaded

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Any mod whose OTB grade is more than 200 points below their grade here should not be considered as a game mod. It would be preferable if their OTB grade was equal or better than their grade here.
What's the reasoning behind this?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Following a PM I have received I would like to correct a misimpression caused by my post.

I must stress I have no doubts what so ever about any of the players that were listed and I have actually played a few other than Korch.

My reason for mentioning Korch only is that, in my opinion, the mods should be selected from the top 50 players on this sit ...[text shortened]... a game mod. It would be preferable if their OTB grade was equal or better than their grade here.
If the candidates are vetted by checking their games for evidence of engine use, what possible difference would how close their OTB rating (if any) is to their RHP rating make? I highly doubt you're going to find 5 of the top 20 players here willing to make such a commitment and able to fulfill the conditions given.

I'd like to see a team put in place quickly; some strong OTB players are obviously required on the team, but that is not the only criteria that should be used.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
I can think of ten further requirements.

Game Mods must

1) have their pictures posted on RHP Faces (preferably holding up their passports/identity documents and FIDE accreditation)
2) be in possession of at least a Bachelourate in Applied Statistics (first class).
3) be between the ages of 35 and 55 (trustworthy you know, but not yet going seni ...[text shortened]... er all, anyone giving up several hours of their life each week must have an ulterior motive.
Rec'd.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by David Tebb
I would like to volunteer as a Game Mod.

I've had previous experience in the role, being one of the original Game Mods in 2005, and did the job for over a year.

If I am allowed to support others who have volunteered, I hope that Gatecrasher and Tony are selected. Gatecrasher has been an outstanding Game Mod and a team without him is almost unthinkable.
I certainly second David's application

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by Korch
From all volunteers my top 3 (if I`m not including myself 😛 ) would be David Tebb, Gatecrasher and Tony.
I agree with that.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I'm sure he'd appreciate that though seconding is not required.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
10 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
I'm sure he'd appreciate that though seconding is not required.
Are you sure, you better check the rule book, you might have missed something.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Mar 08

I can sleep better tonight knowing this.

P-

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
10 Mar 08

Thirded.

As well as Tony and Korch

Dave

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
I can think of ten further requirements.

Game Mods must

1) have their pictures posted on RHP Faces (preferably holding up their passports/identity documents and FIDE accreditation)
2) be in possession of at least a Bachelourate in Applied Statistics (first class).
3) be between the ages of 35 and 55 (trustworthy you know, but not yet going seni ...[text shortened]... er all, anyone giving up several hours of their life each week must have an ulterior motive.
You don't think a proven OTB record and verifiable evidence of the person's identity is required?

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
10 Mar 08

I am still for No1, with Gatecrasher, Tony, and Korch

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
10 Mar 08

Originally posted by KJCavalier
I am still for No1, with Gatecrasher, Tony, and Korch
Thats a reasonable choice. I can go with that.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
10 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
You don't think a proven OTB record and verifiable evidence of the person's identity is required?
I think it is fine to offer suggestions in regard to specific qualifications, but any requirements concerning identity and verification, here in cybersapce, can only be enforced by the site owners, at their discretion.

80-90% of game mod work is sheer drudgery, requiring virtually no chess ability whatsoever. 10-20%, however, does require some keen chess knowledge and the skill to recognise non-human moves. So it is important that the team, as a whoie, has access to these skills, rather than it being a requirement for every member.

Game mods should have the personal qualities of integrity, objectivity, diligence and perseverance. Any additional abilities beyond these should be conidered a bonus, rather than a requirement.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
10 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Nordlys
Hey, 6) is clearly discriminatory! In fact we should have a quota system to ensure that we don't end up with a team consisting entirely of white heterosexual males. But I fully approve of 10), of course.
Yeah, 6 is clearly discriminatory... 😛

Although any quota system is also discriminatory. If all the best mods are white hetrosexual males, it'd be madness to pick anyone else.

Member 009

Moves
10 Mar 08

Not sure if anyone has suggested this in the mountains of recent posts regarding cheating and game moderation, but ...

Could the game mods be organized into more than one team that work independently? This would add a layer of redundancy and avoid sticky situations that could arise if, for instance, a game mod is accused of cheating.