Game moderation reloaded

Game moderation reloaded

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Why exactly?
Simply because they have already demonstrated an inability to operate within the rules and regulations in force on this site.

Moves
06 Mar 08

If there are Game Mods in place and functioning effectively, then there is no need for public accusations.

If they are not, then public accusations are the only effective way of making the Site Admins act. That is a simple truth.
So if the sheriff is not in town and we grow impatient lets just get a rope find a tree and get over with it...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
Simply because they have already demonstrated an inability to operate within the rules and regulations in force on this site.
You weren't here before the Game Mods were established. There was rampant and blatant cheating being done and nothing was done about it. Some users decided the only way to get something done by the Site Admins was to publicly name the most blatant cheats. It worked; those cheats got removed or quit and the Site Admins, after a long delay, established the Game Mod system.

To me, once the game Mod system was disbanded, we were back in the same position. If people hadn't publicly marked erice1 has a cheater, he'd still be here cheating. Sometimes the rules are a detriment to the greater good.

Moves
06 Mar 08

My point exactly...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by dooser2004
So if the sheriff is not in town and we grow impatient lets just get a rope find a tree and get over with it...
Your opinion is obviously biased. the idea that Dave Tebb is unqualified for the Game Mod team is bizarre.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Mar 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
What makes you say he almost got in? He didn't.

Russ is the final decision ALWAYS.

P-

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
06 Mar 08

Your opinion is obviously biased. the idea that Dave Tebb is unqualified for the Game Mod team is bizarre.
He is undoubtedly qualified but has failed to abide by the rules and regulations he would have to uphold. On that basis he should be disqualified (not unqualified) from holding the office of game mod. If he actually wishes to be a game mod that is!

Moves
06 Mar 08

I have never seen an opinion that is not biased.. thats the heart of any opinion otherwise it would be a fact.

I did not say unqualified but this whole affair leaves the impression to me that not everything he did was correct. I think I just expected more of him.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
06 Mar 08

You weren't here before the Game Mods were established. There was rampant and blatant cheating being done and nothing was done about it. Some users decided the only way to get something done by the Site Admins was to publicly name the most blatant cheats. It worked; those cheats got removed or quit and the Site Admins, after a long delay, established the ...[text shortened]... heater, he'd still be here cheating. Sometimes the rules are a detriment to the greater good.
So only those who have been here a certain length of time can have an opinion? I do apologise. I'll bear that in mind in future.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Mar 08

So only those who have been here a certain length of time can have an opinion? I do apologise. I'll bear that in mind in future.
I was giving you relevant background; if you choose to respond to that background information with snippy comments that do not address the points raised, that's up to you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Mar 08

I have never seen an opinion that is not biased.. thats the heart of any opinion otherwise it would be a fact.

I did not say unqualified but this whole affair leaves the impression to me that not everything he did was correct. I think I just expected more of him.
He analyzed the games of a player, found what he believed was strong evidence of cheating and reported it to a Game Mod. Nothing improper so far.

The Game Mods were dissolved.

What exactly would you have had him do at this point? Nothing?

Moves
06 Mar 08

He analyzed the games of a player, found what he believed was strong evidence of cheating and reported it to a Game Mod. Nothing improper so far.

The Game Mods were dissolved.

What exactly would you have had him do at this point? Nothing?
Definetly not going public.

Besides we are talking four weeks here? Six weeks with the mayor outage on top... do you think waiting a bit would really do that much damage to the site?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Mar 08

Definetly not going public.

Besides we are talking four weeks here? Six weeks with the mayor outage on top... do you think waiting a bit would really do that much damage to the site?
It was too long, and out of control. There were a lot of things the mods had to remove, and it got to the point that when I was trying to keep the public happy I started to look like I was totally uninformed on the subject.

That was not the case, I was waiting for Russ to speak up.

This went on perhaps 3 or 4 weeks too long.

P-

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
It was too long, and out of control. There were a lot of things the mods had to remove, and it got to the point that when I was trying to keep the public happy I started to look like I was totally uninformed on the subject.

That was not the case, I was waiting for Russ to speak up.

This went on perhaps 3 or 4 weeks too long.

P-
I am not judging the position you were in which under the circumstances migth have mounted up and up.

But 3-4 weeks too long... you are seriously telling me that we are destroying 3.5 years of dedication because of a four week delay?!

That is really sad...

k

Sigulda, Latvia

Moves
06 Mar 08
2 edits

Regarding Korch I can also assure that he is a really good OTB player. I've played against him once and got crushed in 14 moves. Here you can see him in the rating list - No. 67. You can see his name in his post. (page 3, first post) http://www.chess.lv/lv/reitingi/ ( I checked the list on March 6th. On April the list should be changed but he will probably stay in the top 100).