1. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 13:192 edits
    Originally posted by TDR1
    yes i agree that 36 days of VACATION is ridiculous. Does anyone truly travel for that long. If so, they can probably buy themeselves their wins back that they lost due to move timeout while they were cruising around the world....
    So, I felt that it was time for someone who agrees with the changes to post here. I'm off travelling later this year for 1 month, and with this new change to the vacation system, I can book my freeze on being timed-out so that I can come back and continue my games. What you (and others here) are forgetting is that Russ settled on a nominal figure of 3 days per month. You don't have to take all of your allocation, but many will want to use their vacation time effectively when life gets in the way of things (especially if you play alot of 1 day timeout games)

Now, I agree with the sentiment that people could wind down their games before leaving for a large holiday, but I have a number of slow tournaments where I have proceeded to the 2nd round early, and I am going to be left waiting for the next round for quite a while. I fully expect this round to start close to my vacation, and I have not control over when. With this new system, I can go on vacation and not worry about losing my place it the tournament that I had worked hard in.

Finally, I don't play non-subs very often (partly because I play mainly tournament and clan games) but I do sympathise with your position. However, when the equivalent of £16 is all you need for a whole year of gaming, I have no problem with this being a subscriber only feature.

Come on Dr Strangelove, subscribe and claim your timeout free vacation (then come and win yourself a tournament!) 🙂
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 02:28
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    tournament and clan games) ...when the equivalent of £16 is all you need for a whole year of gaming, I have no problem with this being a subscriber only feature.

Come on Dr Strangelove, subscribe and claim your timeout free vacation (then come and win yourself a tournament!) 🙂
    So you recommend me subscribing to prevent being at a disadvantage in the games. Note; I don't wish for more games or tournaments and I have no objection to the idea in principle - just when it is so one-sided.
    Even if I subscribed it wouldn't make the system "fair" for everyone would it?

Anyway, I don't care any more - I've got my own solution.
    Thanks for the suggestion though. 🙂
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Mar '07 09:22
    36 days is too much.
  4. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 06:11
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    So, I felt that it was time for someone who agrees with the changes to post here. I'm off travelling later this year for 1 month, and with this new change to the vacation system, I can book my freeze on being timed-out so that I can come back and continue my games. What you (and others here) are forgetting is that Russ settled on a nominal figure of 3 da ...[text shortened]... subscribe and claim your timeout free vacation (then come and win yourself a tournament!) 🙂
    yes! agree on all counts
  5. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 06:12
    subsciption is a great idea

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree