Scheduled outage for site update 2009-10-24

Scheduled outage for site update 2009-10-24

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
24 Oct 09

I miss my spinning star. Everyone seems so similar now, with just the color differences.

e4

Moves
24 Oct 09

Sorry but I'm not fond of these 'things' on the bottom right hand corner.

No doubt will get uses them over time but why are they there?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Sorry but I'm not fond of these 'things' on the bottom right hand corner.

No doubt will get uses them over time but why are they there?
See the post I made above - an option to hide/remove will be added soon.

Moves
24 Oct 09

What a miserable lot of messages! I couldn't believe what I was reading!

I love the changes. Absolutely great!

Thanks, Russ, and all involved! 🙂

Erro Ergo Sum

In the Green Room

Moves
24 Oct 09

The flags are not nearly as clear as they used to be. It's now more difficult to identify flags from certain countries.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
What a miserable lot of messages! I couldn't believe what I was reading!

I love the changes. Absolutely great!

Thanks, Russ, and all involved! 🙂
LOL! Thanks. I expect critical feedback right after a release, so its all part of the fun of running a site like this. Its better people tell you what they don't like rather than just moving on, so its all good.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by mrmist
Hmm is it just me or did the "Captured on last move" information used to be a lot more obvious?
Someone else sent feedback about this, and yes, there was a bug. The captured piece was not shown, but this has now been fixed.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Russ
Someone else sent feedback about this, and yes, there was a bug. The captured piece was not shown, but this has now been fixed.
Ahh. I thought there was something... Glad it is sorted now.

One other thing that I am noticing -

The "My Games", Open Invites, Tournaments and Sieges screens main content panels extend to the right of the window past the logical end of the box (I.E. beyond the red bar).

I don't remember this before, I think before everything neatly fitted into the screen size.

This issue is presented when you have a slightly smaller browser window than fully expanded - the red menu bar scales to fit but the main panel doesn't seem to any more.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
24 Oct 09

nice tweaks, but...

1) When viewing threads in FF3.0.14 the 3rd level menu bar (Public forums/Thread List/Search Forums/My Private Forums/Recommended/My Bookmarks) appears to the right of the thread content, splitting the screen 50/50 I've a screengrab if you want me to email it.

2) Also, there's no longer a cursor marker in the box I'm typing in, so it makes moving about to correct typo's etc much trickier.

P.s. Oh, and my rating is too low, and my star disappeared a while back. Can you fix those for me too?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by rhb
nice tweaks, but...

1) When viewing threads in FF3.0.14 the 3rd level menu bar (Public forums/Thread List/Search Forums/My Private Forums/Recommended/My Bookmarks) appears to the right of the thread content, splitting the screen 50/50 I've a screengrab if you want me to email it.

2) Also, there's no longer a cursor marker in the box I'm typing in, so it ma ...[text shortened]... nd my rating is too low, and my star disappeared a while back. Can you fix those for me too?
1) I am only testing against latest releases of browsers, with the exception of IE. So I'll get a copy of FF3.0 to check this out. I'm assuming you are on Win?

2) Are you sure? Anyone else?

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
24 Oct 09

This is awesome, great job

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

1) I am only testing against latest releases of browsers, with the exception of IE. So I'll get a copy of FF3.0 to check this out. I'm assuming you are on Win?

2) Are you sure? Anyone else?
I thought my ff updated auto, am i behind?
Yes, windows vista on that machine.

Defo on no cursor earlier.

3) am posting from opera mini (mobile) now, and the new button bar doesn't stick to bottom of page as designed, shouldn't be a problem as i don't think it's obscuring board or owt. Will post if it is.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by rhb
I thought my ff updated auto, am i behind?
Yes, windows vista on that machine.

Defo on no cursor earlier.

3) am posting from opera mini (mobile) now, and the new button bar doesn't stick to bottom of page as designed, shouldn't be a problem as i don't think it's obscuring board or owt. Will post if it is.
3.5.3 for FF in Win.

The dock bar should render in a friendly(ish) way if not supported. I've turned it off for Opera Mobile now anyway.

JE

Moves
24 Oct 09

Thanks for the continued work on an already great site!

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
24 Oct 09

3.5.3 for FF in Win.

The dock bar should render in a friendly(ish) way if not supported. I've turned it off for Opera Mobile now anyway.
Cheers, upgrading. Not sure why I wasn't prompted (by FF, not you!)

Cool re Dock Bar... sounds like a place I drank in down in Bristol once.