Scheduled outage for site update 2009-10-24

Scheduled outage for site update 2009-10-24

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Mariska Angela
My home -> My messages = Bugged

When you click on the above you get a message like this: "Sorry, the page you requested was not found"
This was the result of a cached file in your browser. Try again now, all should be fine.

JoR
Scotch addict

Moves
24 Oct 09

I don't like the font used in the scrolling list of moves on the Analyse Board popup. It used to be a fixed-width font, I think, but now nothing lines up.

R

The Smoke

Moves
24 Oct 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Kewpie
Only 24 lines of games on a 24 inch screen (and if I didn't have a row of icons turned off it would be 23)! Still the same midget message box, but less goes in it because the text is bigger. And as for the message log, it's got bigger text and even fewer words to the lin
agreed. it's gotten 'bigger' (at least it looks so in Chrome) and it's annoying... can't see as much info on My Games page as I used to .. i.e. 'vertically' - can only see like 15 games now (used to around 30 I think), 'horizontally' - Game Name column is not "visible"..

Medlar King

Corcovado

Moves
24 Oct 09

Please remove the icons that float in the lower right corner of the screen or make this an option.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
24 Oct 09

I too would like the pop-up menu at the bottom to be removable by option, that'd be great.

I like the rest of the changes.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
24 Oct 09

Hmm is it just me or did the "Captured on last move" information used to be a lot more obvious?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Russ
I no longer construct the star icons from multiple images, and decided not to replicate the coloured stars for the non-winged members. I have just changed these stars from yellow to grey/silver to make them more distinct. However, the "yellow" image may still be cached in your browser.
Greying-out usually is a way to set the distinctability to a direction not in favor to the coloured (or black) objects. Not sure if this is your intention.

By the way, what is 'Ladder' in the My Games list on the bottom? I see the icon, but don't know to what it corresponds to. A new feature?

H

Moves
24 Oct 09

It seems that this upgrade was a big failure:

1. at the top a red icon bar
2. under there the hot icons
3. at the downside on the right also an icon bar
4. icons on the left side
5. links at the downside

There pop up windows like on a normal wedside and a lot fo free space.

Is RHP looking fo a challange with Microsoft 😀.

I have recognized, that a lot of users of this side does not know all links and sides, before the upgrade comes. What does they do with the new developments.

On the other side RHP does not give the clan-leaders and club-adminstrators functions that still exist on this side in the area of puplic.

Also the exist of two sozial-systems is redundant - a combination of clans and clubs - you will see is the future. Call the combination clans, because this system still exist before. I had the feeling RHP does not do anything in this way, because the fear of real changings is to big. Instead of them make new upgrade like this - not really new worthy things only cosmetic. Oh I forget, statistics is also a thing.

We want to play chess - not only player against player. A lot of players want to play in a team, in tournaments, learn something about openings and have the advantage of a real private-chess-club.
Have RHP taken the question: why real chess-clubs exists? Because players want them

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by John of Reading
I don't like the font used in the scrolling list of moves on the Analyse Board popup. It used to be a fixed-width font, I think, but now nothing lines up.
I agree - reverted this to previous font.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Aiko

By the way, what is 'Ladder' in the My Games list on the bottom? I see the icon, but don't know to what it corresponds to. A new feature?
See my earlier post about this. (In this thread)

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Hannilein007
Instead of them make new upgrade like this - not really new worthy things only cosmetic.
Not quite true, this was actually quite a big release, with significant changes, but the only detectable differences from a user's perspective are cosmetic, unfortunately.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by mrmist
Hmm is it just me or did the "Captured on last move" information used to be a lot more obvious?
No real differences there. The entire sidebar for the board view is due some attention soon, but I will be running a full consultation for that. I don't want to introduce too much change at once, and I suspect any changes to something as familiar as what we have now would cause an interesting reaction. 🙂

H

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Russ
Not quite true, this was actually quite a big release, with significant changes, but the only detectable differences from a user's perspective were cosmetic, unfortunately.
Ok this could be, that a lot of database have changed, which we cannot seen.

I know it is a big job to have the right feeling between changing and continuity. Every business have this to do, to make a good job in organisation.

I like development in functons and a homogeneous organisation, which is not redundant and have a high effecty (like you did in the scrolldown by my clubs and my clans - really good).

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by leen68
Please remove the icons that float in the lower right corner of the screen or make this an option.
I'll work in an option to remove that. I was anticipating requests to pull it, so I'll try to get that up within 24 hours.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

was there an actual damand for these changes?

i do not like the icons in the bottom of the screen (now FOUR different ways to access my games that are waiting for my move),

i do not like that the new stars on the left on the username now (and the gap there for non subs looks appalling too) and i really wanted a spinning star once i made 100,000 moves

Edit - and the flags look a little silly to me now as well

I'm sorry Russ but i am not pleased with these changes as they have done nothing to enhance my enjoyment of this site (it has been said that most users would only see the cosmetic side of these changes - in my opnion it reminds me of a botched operation)