Scheduled outage for site update 2009-10-24

Scheduled outage for site update 2009-10-24

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skull Disco, Jr.

Moves
24 Oct 09

The "send game to archive" link/icon in the My Games list does not seem to work anymore. Or rather, it works *very* rarely.

FF 3.5.3 on XP.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by AudioRapture
The "send game to archive" link/icon in the My Games list does not seem to work anymore. Or rather, it works *very* rarely.

FF 3.5.3 on XP.
Is the "tool tip" interfering with the click? Can you see the icon below when you click it, or are you clicking the text of the tool tip which keeps rendering each time you move your mouse?

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Russ
Is the "tool tip" interfering with the click? Can you see the icon below when you click it, or are you clicking the text of the tool tip which keeps rendering each time you move your mouse?
Can't speak for AudioRapture, but what you describe is exactly what's happening to me.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

I like it Russ, no real problems that I can see.

Any way you can divulge what you changed under the hood, or is it top secret?

h

Moves
24 Oct 09

Seeing things that you don't want to? Use this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/521

Once installed, go to RIP advanced and click "remove from this domain".
Then, for the little bar at the bottom, right click it and click remove this permanently. For some reason you have to do this for each *type* of page, so once you do it in a thread you won't see it in any more threads, and so on. You can remove anything. (and put it all back too)

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by hopscotch
Seeing things that you don't want to? Use this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/521

Once installed, go to RIP advanced and click "remove from this domain".
Then, for the little bar at the bottom, right click it and click remove this permanently. For some reason you have to do this for each *type* of page, so once you do it in a thread ...[text shortened]... 't see it in any more threads, and so on. You can remove anything. (and put it all back too)
Does this supercede gbaway? I.e. Can it remove users?

P.s. You're very close to being removed...

P.p.s. Joking in my p.s. 😉

P.p.p.s. The p.p.s. is more for other forum members than some.

h

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by rhb
Does this supercede gbaway? I.e. Can it remove users?

P.s. You're very close to being removed...

P.p.s. Joking in my p.s. 😉

P.p.p.s. The p.p.s. is more for other forum members than some.
It's completely separate from greasemonkey.

ps. Nay thou.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Oct 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Crowley
I like it Russ, no real problems that I can see.

Any way you can divulge what you changed under the hood, or is it top secret?
Since the iPhone version of the site was released we have been running two instances of this site, the latest code on the iPhone, and the previous major iteration of the code for the regular web site.

Both the web and iPhone are running from the same library of code now, and we are in a good position to support any other client in the future. Nearly every single file was touched in some way by these changes.

Also, we have made quite a few changes to the way some javascript elements of the site work, which is all just future proofing really. One example, if someone wanted to view every one of their games in one page, and move in each, then submit them as one request, this would be possible now as the board interface will support multiple instances. An example of how it could be used, not how it WILL be used.

h

Moves
24 Oct 09

Here's what the ENTIRE first page of this thread looks like to me, using RIP mentioned above. I did not crop this image or edit it in any way:

http://tinyurl.com/ygqhjtc

m
Dosadi Survivor

Chicago

Moves
24 Oct 09

so now when you view a player's graph the stats for each game (their rating, opponent rating etc) pops up next to the cursor instead of above the graph. this is all well and good, except that for the ten or so latest games on the graph the stats go off of the screen and I can't read them. I'm using FF 3.5 on WinXP

K

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by misterrigel
so now when you view a player's graph the stats for each game (their rating, opponent rating etc) pops up next to the cursor instead of above the graph. this is all well and good, except that for the ten or so latest games on the graph the stats go off of the screen and I can't read them. I'm using FF 3.5 on WinXP
I'm not having this problem but I'm using a different browser. However, I was thinking that the info box would look better to the left of the cursor and this might also fix your concern.

Skull Disco, Jr.

Moves
24 Oct 09
2 edits

The "archive game" icon/button seems to work again.

But now the game graphics seem *very* blurry...
(Alpha - Olive Green - Standard)

Edit: False alarm. Always check the browser's "Zoom" setting, even if you are *sure* you didn't change them.

K

Moves
25 Oct 09

Originally posted by KneeCaps
I'm not having this problem but I'm using a different browser. However, I was thinking that the info box would look better to the left of the cursor and this might also fix your concern.
Correction. The info box does go off the edge of the screen when looking at a player's graph. It wasn't doing this earlier in the day.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Oct 09

Originally posted by KneeCaps
Correction. The info box does go off the edge of the screen when looking at a player's graph. It wasn't doing this earlier in the day.
Fixing an unrelated tool tip issue introduced this problem. The stats have been shifted to the left for the time being until the original behaviour can be restored.

K

Moves
25 Oct 09

Originally posted by Russ
Fixing an unrelated tool tip issue introduced this problem. The stats have been shifted to the left for the time being until the original behaviour can be restored.
I think the stats look better where they are right now. No need to change back in my opinion.