Timeouts suspended for 24 hours 2009-03-10

Timeouts suspended for 24 hours 2009-03-10

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Mar 09

Due to a site upgrade and the resulting outage that lasted over an hour early this morning (GMT), we have decided to suspend timeouts for 24 hours.

v

Moves
10 Mar 09

is it necessary to give 24 hours for a loss of less than 120 minutes? hence is it 24 hours from the outage or 24 from the last movement of the timeout of the game?

thank you

p
Super Franky Lampard

Moves
10 Mar 09

i had 3 timeouts this sucks

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
10 Mar 09

I have been waiting about six weeks to timeout an extremely slow player. I finally have my chance and now this. Ridiculous.

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
10 Mar 09
1 edit

24 hours as of when, until when? I'd really like to know. I think you should post the GMT when it will be back online.

d2

Moves
10 Mar 09

Patience is a virtue everybody. What kind of Champion acts like that???

ONE

Pro-Complainer

California

Moves
10 Mar 09

Yes patience is a virtue. And then again, rules are rules. When someone breaks their agreement to make their moves in a timely manner they deserve to lose. Especially if they are avoiding games they are already losing.

D

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
Yes patience is a virtue. And then again, rules are rules. When someone breaks their agreement to make their moves in a timely manner they deserve to lose. Especially if they are avoiding games they are already losing.
Sure. But I think I recall in other threads previously that there were concerns this would be unfair on someone who, for example, has a 1/0 game and always makes their moves at the same time every day (for example after they get home from work). A one-hour outage would mean they can't make their move that day and would be at risk of being timed out.

SEMI TALENTED NOVICE

Bronx, New York

Moves
10 Mar 09

I play allot of 1/0 games and it's all a matter of communication. I've played opponents who only have internet access at work Mon-Fri., and they can't move on the weekends. Once they let me know the situation, I'll give them as much time as they need. But if an opponent is losing, he dissappears on me without an explanation and what makes it worst is when they keep coming on-line playing other games, well.... that skull will be clicked with the quickness! It's as simple as that.

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by viknikbikmik
is it necessary to give 24 hours for a loss of less than 120 minutes? hence is it 24 hours from the outage or 24 from the last movement of the timeout of the game?

thank you
yes, what if i was playing a 1/0 game and made just one move per day at the time the site was out, i come here to make my move, i can't. i'm not on the site until the same time the next day and i see that i've been timed out. if it wasn't for the outage i'd be fine, is that fair? not everyone can get to a computer all hours of the day.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by ItalyBoyBlue
24 hours as of when, until when? I'd really like to know. I think you should post the GMT when it will be back online.
i guess about 24 hours from when he made the announcement
10 Mar '09 08:33 :: 0 recommendations
(GMT +1)
so that would be 11 Mar at 07:33 i assume, Russ?

I dont get that many timeouts, but i got 2 now;(
But im winning the games anyway so i dont really care:p

b

Here

Moves
10 Mar 09

Why does it seem like whenever Russ fixes something and bans timeouts for ONE FREAKIN' DAY everyone can't stop complaining?!? What if Russ never fixed anything?? Then this site would fall apart and you wouldn't have this site to play on. I've got a couple timeouts waiting for the mouse to click them, but I'm not complaining. We all ought to be happy that we have someone as dedicated as Russ to make sure that this site is ship-shape.

Thanks Russ

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Mar 09

live by the 1/0, die by the 1/0

play a real game, instead of depending on timeouts

and especially don't cry when it ends up happening to you.

p

Moves
11 Mar 09

this sucks

d

Moves
11 Mar 09

it's been 24 hours and still can't flag