1. not of this world
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 05:27
    Isn't it already time for the timeout to be admitted again? Have got a stupid opponent who never moves, very frustrating, and now there is that lovely scull next to his name...

How long will it take yet? According to my clock, it is already past 8 pm...
  2. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 06:24
    Lol. I'm looking at 7 skulls out of 50 games. 7!!
  3. not of this world
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 07:06
    This is tragic! Been waiting 21 days patiently to scull him, but can't do it!
  4. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 07:27
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    Didn't you read Russ's first post? It said the timeout suspension will be lifted in *48 hours* He posted that post on the 13th of December. 48 hours is 2 days, obviously, so you should be able to timeout your opponents about 1:21pm on the 15th. Do the math.

We should just be glad that we have someone as dedicated as Russ to fix these problems when they come up.
    Yes, I did read that, but the statement is not precisely clear. It does not say that that is the exact time the timeout suspension was started, so it is not possible to do the math.
  5. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 11:59
    Tell me about it! I was nice enough to give the guy an extra day, and now find out it's gonna be three days he get's another chance to move! I'll now say I will time out anyone whom I see has a skull even if it's only five or ten minutes past as I won't be caught again being stupid!
  6. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 12:11
    [i]/i]

How long will it take yet? According to my clock, it is already past 8 pm...[/b]
    I am in AZ, USA which is Grenich +7 and it's now 5:12PM!!! Does this not mean I can time my guy out in another 10 minutes?? the time in posts is local time, right?? Since Russ is in England (Assuming Grenich time) then 5:12AM is 11:12 HIS time, so in ten more minutes I should be allowed to time my guy out!!
    Originally posted by louisXIV[
    [b]Isn't it already time for the timeout to be admitted again? Have got a stupid opponent who never moves, very frustrating, and now there is that lovely scull next to his name...
  7. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 12:28
    OK! Well, in answer to the gentleman who claimed, (just do the math), it will probably come as a great shock, but timeouts still don't fly after 11:25 Grenich time either! So much for the (48hours)
  8. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 12:38
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    OK! Well, in answer to the gentleman who claimed, (just do the math), it will probably come as a great shock, but timeouts still don't fly after 11:25 Grenich time either! So much for the (48hours)
    >I agree completely. Click the skull as soon as you can with no advance warning. In an OTB game, if his time runs out, claim the win. don't wait, claim it. So here if the skull appears, click it right then and there and don't even think about it.
    >That's why I think I'm being penalized when I'm not allowed to do so. That game is over; why is my opponent still allowed to play on? Why are the rules being suspended in his favour? I'm the one obeying the rules, not him.
  9. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    >I agree completely. Click the skull as soon as you can with no advance warning. In an OTB game, if his time runs out, claim the win. don't wait, claim it. So here if the skull appears, click it right then and there and don't even think about it.
    >That's why I think I'm being penalized when I'm not allowed to do so. That game is over; why is my oppone ...[text shortened]... ? Why are the rules being suspended in his favour? I'm the one obeying the rules, not him.
    Gee, I also agree completely and I'M not even being facetious! The game was actually over 3 days ago but (As I posted earlier) I gave the guy an extra day without timing him out!!! Then got caught so that when I DID actually time him out (After about 27 hours of skull looking) I got caught by this 48+ hours of suspension! And now the site doesn;t even keep their word! As far as I know it is IMPOSSIBLE to be on the British Isles, yet be an hour to the west of Grenich!! It IS possible to be an hour EAST of Grenich which would be Grenich +1 I am in GMT-7 which means 5:56AM my time is 4 minutes until one pm Grenich, which is 25 minutes past deadline! And as far as no notice is concerned HE'S HAD $* HOURS OF NOTICE + THE DAY I GAVE HIM!!!
  10. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    Gee, I also agree completely and I'M not even being facetious! The game was actually over 3 days ago but (As I posted earlier) I gave the guy an extra day without timing him out!!! Then got caught so that when I DID actually time him out (After about 27 hours of skull looking) I got caught by this 48+ hours of suspension! And now the site doesn;t even ...[text shortened]... ine! And as far as no notice is concerned HE'S HAD $* HOURS OF NOTICE + THE DAY I GAVE HIM!!!
    48 hours isn't up yet - just under 5 hours to go.
  11. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 14:24
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    48 hours isn't up yet - just under 5 hours to go.
    May I ask how that was figured??? If Russ's time is accurate, even if he went from the time the e-mail bit was sorted out, it would have been over some 55 minutes ago! What am I missing
  12. Joined
    16 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 14:28
    ok enough already,,lift the timeouts
  13. Joined
    22 Apr '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 15:12
    Hear Hear! Russ is a star. If there's a glitch, he does one hell of a job in fixing it. What's the point in claiming skulls for the hell of it anyway...
    Don't get me wrong, I'll take them when they show, but I'd like to think I could beat the opponent, rather than through default.
  14. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:27
    The timestamps on the posts are in *your* local time zone. So if the original post said 11:12, then 48 hours later would still be 11:12, *your* time.

But in any case, maybe you should take a deep breath.
  15. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by incandenza
    The timestamps on the posts are in *your* local time zone. So if the original post said 11:12, then 48 hours later would still be 11:12, *your* time.

But in any case, maybe you should take a deep breath.
    So when Russ's posts say 11:21, that means he actually posted it at 18:21 (or 6:21PM-GMT) right??? The program automatically changes the posted times to everyone's different locality all over the world such that MY browser picks it up as Local time??? That is one HE** of a programming feat all by itself!! And thank you for explaining the way it works, as I had no idea the site functioned that way!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree