Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Announcements

Announcements

1. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    13 Dec '08 18:21 / 1 edit
    Due to our email queues stalling, we have suspended all timeouts to allow the delayed notifications to be sent. (edit : and for people to respond to the emails)

If you have been making moves today, you may receive notifications for games you have already moved in. This is just a result of the queued up mail not being sent and not a bug to be reported.

I will post an update once all mail queues are clear.

edit : Timeouts will be suspended for 48 hours.
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    13 Dec '08 18:54
    All email queues are now now clear and email is being sent without any further delay.

I will post again here once the suspension has been lifted.
  3. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    13 Dec '08 22:43
    While you are at it why not open your PM's
  4. 14 Dec '08 15:51
    IF all email que's are now open and running, why not end the time-out suspension NOW???
  5. 14 Dec '08 16:26
    I agree with Gary, am trying to reduce my game list and if the guys can't commit to there games then they must forfit...
  6. 14 Dec '08 18:20
    Originally posted by Russ
    All email queues are now now clear and email is being sent without any further delay.

I will post again here once the suspension has been lifted.
    Lift the suspension please.
  7. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    14 Dec '08 18:28
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    IF all email que's are now open and running, why not end the time-out suspension NOW???
    The logic is - I may have been in a position to make a move but received no notification that it was my turn. I have now gone away for the weekend but come back to a loss as it was a 3/0 game.
  8. 14 Dec '08 18:49
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    The logic is - I may have been in a position to make a move but received no notification that it was my turn. I have now gone away for the weekend but come back to a loss as it was a 3/0 game.
    Notification is a courtesy, but should not be necessary.
  9. 14 Dec '08 19:30
    Originally posted by vlachster
    Notification is a courtesy, but should not be necessary.
    Correspondence chess is conducted by corresponding via emails - how is that a courtesy? It's the main part of it.
  10. 14 Dec '08 19:45
    I think everyone will survive some hours, or a day or two, and survive the experience. That's just a guess on my part, however.
  11. 14 Dec '08 22:33
    He he, I had wondered why I was not getting timed out in one of my games. The vacation is going up tomorrow, which will buy me a few more weeks....
  12. 14 Dec '08 23:11
    I believe the poster was refering to the 24 hour notification card, which is a courtesy and not required!
  13. 15 Dec '08 01:25
    I have three skulls ( tournament & clan way overdue )
    Unfair, I make my moves on time. If they move in this period I'm back to 14 days a move. At this rate I'll probably expire prior to games end. Unfair!!!!
  14. Subscriber AttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    15 Dec '08 02:52
    When, exactly and precisely, can I click those skulls? We should be told in advance the exact time the timeout suspension will be lifted. I make my moves within the time constraints because I check the site regularily, and I don't need email notifications to do so, although it's nice to receive them. Why am I being penalised for following the rules?
  15. 15 Dec '08 04:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    When, exactly and precisely, can I click those skulls? We should be told in advance the exact time the timeout suspension will be lifted. I make my moves within the time constraints because I check the site regularily, and I don't need email notifications to do so, although it's nice to receive them. Why am I being penalised for following the rules?
    Didn't you read Russ's first post? It said the timeout suspension will be lifted in *48 hours* He posted that post on the 13th of December. 48 hours is 2 days, obviously, so you should be able to timeout your opponents about 1:21pm on the 15th. Do the math.

We should just be glad that we have someone as dedicated as Russ to fix these problems when they come up.