1. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:01
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    Gee, I also agree completely and I'M not even being facetious! The game was actually over 3 days ago but (As I posted earlier) I gave the guy an extra day without timing him out!!! Then got caught so that when I DID actually time him out (After about 27 hours of skull looking) I got caught by this 48+ hours of suspension! And now the site doesn;t even ...[text shortened]... ine! And as far as no notice is concerned HE'S HAD $* HOURS OF NOTICE + THE DAY I GAVE HIM!!!
    Yes, how is it possible to be in the UK and be an hour east of Greenwich? I know for a fact that I'm 5 hours east of Greenwich, but year round RHP lists me as being 4 hours east. Weird.
  2. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:02
    Originally posted by Gary Thomas
    So when Russ's posts say 11:21, that means he actually posted it at 18:21 (or 6:21PM-GMT) right??? The program automatically changes the posted times to everyone's different locality all over the world such that MY browser picks it up as Local time??? That is one HE** of a programming feat all by itself!! And thank you for explaining the way it works, as I had no idea the site functioned that way!
    Yes. I mean, think what it would be like if it weren't that way--the timestamps would appear to be all out of order.

You can change your time zone setting if you want, and watch all the forum timestamps change.
  3. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:11
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    Yes, how is it possible to be in the UK and be an hour east of Greenwich? I know for a fact that I'm 5 hours east of Greenwich, but year round RHP lists me as being 4 hours east. Weird.
    Sorry, my mistake: I'm 5 hours west of Greenwich, or 5 hours behind. But RHP lists me as being 4 hours behind, and that's incorrect.
  4. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:28
    Sorry, my mistake: I'm 5 hours west of Greenwich, or 5 hours behind. But RHP lists me as being 4 hours behind, and that's incorrect.
    You maybe live in Greenland??? Actually I think there is a tiny tip of Maine that's an hour to the east of the Eastern Standard Time!! That would make you GMT-4 New Yorkers are -5GMT And I am on AZ time which is Mountain Std Time, even while the rest of the country is on daylight saving time!! Atilla IS right that you may change your own time zone simply and easily just by a few keystrokes in your (My Settings) column above here!! Just look above the very popular (My Vacation Settings) to see the (Time Zone settings)
  5. The sky
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:47
    What do you mean by "RHP lists me as ..."? RHP doesn't choose your time zone for you, you have to choose it yourself in your time zone settings. If summer time is observed where you live, you have to change that manually as well. If your time zone is GMT - 5 now, it would be GMT - 4 during summer time. Maybe that is what's causing the confusion?
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 18:22
    The timeout suspension has now been lifted.
  7. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 21:12
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What do you mean by "RHP lists me as ..."? RHP doesn't choose your time zone for you, you have to choose it yourself in your time zone settings. If summer time is observed where you live, you have to change that manually as well. If your time zone is GMT - 5 now, it would be GMT - 4 during summer time. Maybe that is what's causing the confusion?
    I live in the Eastern Time zone in Canada, the same time zone as New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc., and Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto, etc. This time zone is Greenwich -5, but on RHP it says it is Greenwich -4 and that is wrong. It's one hour out. I cannot correct it no matter how I adjust my time zone settings here.
  8. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 22:11
    >I agree completely. Click the skull as soon as you can with no advance warning. In an OTB game, if his time runs out, claim the win. don't wait, claim it. So here if the skull appears, click it right then and there and don't even think about it.
    >That's why I think I'm being penalized when I'm not allowed to do so. That game is over; why is my oppone ...[text shortened]... ? Why are the rules being suspended in his favour? I'm the one obeying the rules, not him.
    This is more like in a real game where the fire alarm went off - it is unlikely that a tournament director would allow everybody to time their opponents out when they re entered the hall.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 23:06
    I live in the Eastern Time zone in Canada, the same time zone as New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc., and Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto, etc. This time zone is Greenwich -5, but on RHP it says it is Greenwich -4 and that is wrong. It's one hour out. I cannot correct it no matter how I adjust my time zone settings here.
    I still don't understand. In your time zone settings, you don't give your location, but you choose your hours difference from GMT. Are you saying that your time shows correctly when you set it to GMT -4 even though it shouldn't? It works fine for me - for example, right now it's 23:05 GMT, my local time is GMT +1, and it shows correctly when I set my time zone to that setting. And if I set it to GMT -5, it shows the time as being 18:05 as it should.
  10. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 23:071 edit
    What?
    RHP allows you to specify the hours +/- from GMT (My Settings -> My Time Zone)

If your setting says GMT -4 then change it to GMT -5.

[edit: Noodles beat me to it.]
  11. The sky
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 23:09
    Originally posted by orangutan
    [edit: Noodles beat me to it.]
    😏
  12. Nixa, MO USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 18:07
    I really like your (Slogan) as I make jokes about that all the time! Usually someone says something such as (Be sure you get a receipt for that) and I'll say, (But why would I want to sit down, stand up, then sit back down again???) Only after at LEAST three puzzled looks do I then explain that I MUST be seated in order to RE-ceipt, etc. and I get my usual groans! there are literally hundreds of these opportunities in everyday conversations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree