23 Jul '07 15:36
    in a galaxy far, far away!!!
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 15:51
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Is everything alright?! Where abouts is RHP based anyway? I seem to remember you telling us at the meet but I've forgotten.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/
  3. London
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 16:22
    Originally posted by Russ
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/
    Oh dear. Well best of luck surviving it!
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 16:36
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Oh dear. Well best of luck surviving it!
    Actually, I am lucky in that I have been relatively unaffected by this (until this morning). But I have been watching people walking on crates and brushing water out of the door right across from where I work.

-Russ
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 18:50
    Actually, I am lucky in that I have been relatively unaffected by this (until this morning). But I have been watching people walking on crates and brushing water out of the door right across from where I work.

-Russ
    cant you get out on your private helicopter?? 😛
  6. London
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 07:26
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    cant you get out on your private helicopter?? 😛
    I didn't pay my subscription and the fuel ran out 😳😳
  7. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '07 22:19
    How's this for an idea? Thread 77218
  8. Standard memberhAnimate
    mean & green
    .. here I am
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 17:392 edits
    I hope you survived the floods ok... I want to bother you with the following:

I think there's a bug in the My Urgent Games feature.. it doesn't actually show your ten most urgent games.. I think it shows you the ten games with least time left, but this can be either because you don't have time left or because your opponent does not have much time left in which case I really don't care and those games stuff up the first ten and prevent it showing your real urgent games. I have a lot of games going and heavy work load at the moment so I've been faring on the Urgent games feature a lot lately, trying to play only the most urgent ones, and so it has happened to me four times already that I went into timebank without noticing!
  9. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 21:43
    Originally posted by hAnimate
    I hope you survived the floods ok... I want to bother you with the following:

I think there's a bug in the My Urgent Games feature.. it doesn't actually show your ten most urgent games.. I think it shows you the ten games with least time left, but this can be either because you don't have time left or because your opponent does not have much time left in ...[text shortened]... and so it has happened to me four times already that I went into timebank without noticing!
    I'd more or less agree with that (I haven't noticed that the other players clock was skewing things, but the list of 'urgent' games is not how I calculate 'urgent'😉.

I try not to use any of my timebank (I see it as a buffer for when I need time away or can't log on for whatever reason). So for me 'urgent' games are those that are coming up to timeout.

For example: If I have a game that is 3 day timeout and 7 day timebank, then I consider it urgent when the three days is running out - not the ten days till a skull appears for my opponent.
    As a consequence I don't use the 'urgent games' feature, but I look through the timings on the 'My Games' page to see which games to play first.

Maybe there could be a flag to set somewhere - 'consider timebank for urgent games'?
  10. Diverse City
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 20:59
    Your top 10 games that require your attention are now available by clicking the icon next to the games waiting link.

Similarly, a quick preview of any unread message titles can be seen by clicking a similar icon next to your unread message link.

This should all work in most common browsers, with the exception of Opera. A fix will be uploaded for this in future.

-Russ
    Ok, sounds good
  11. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 14:42
    Your top 10 games that require your attention are now available by clicking the icon next to the games waiting link.

Similarly, a quick preview of any unread message titles can be seen by clicking a similar icon next to your unread message link.

This should all work in most common browsers, with the exception of Opera. A fix will be uploaded for this in future.

-Russ
    very useful feature...maybe it would be a good idea to allow non paying members to have access to it too(by allowing them to play 11 games in the same time instead of 6)
  12. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 20:15
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I'd more or less agree with that (I haven't noticed that the other players clock was skewing things, but the list of 'urgent' games is not how I calculate 'urgent'😉.

I try not to use any of my timebank
    [snip]
    Maybe there could be a flag to set somewhere - 'consider timebank for urgent games'?
    I think I use the same system as you.

I would consider most urgent games which are actually using timebank, in order of how much timebank they have left. Next come games which are not using timebank, in order of how much time they have left until they start using it.

All this to say that I think timebank still needs to be considered, but not in the way it currently is.
  13. Standard membersven1000
    Astrophysicist
    Outer Space
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 05:08
    Originally posted by gezza
    I think I use the same system as you.

I would consider most urgent games which are actually using timebank, in order of how much timebank they have left. Next come games which are not using timebank, in order of how much time they have left until they start using it.

All this to say that I think timebank still needs to be considered, but not in the way it currently is.
    Looks as if the urgent games feature has been changed to this ordering.

Good work!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree