Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 12:231 edit
    @rowin-side said
    Lame Duck!
    Now recruiting all hot chicks.
    Future clan champion.
    T.V. networks are looking into correspondence chess.
    Join now and be famous!
    Lame Duck!
    I believe you are an old poster with a new name.

New people don't come in the forums sprouting off like you.

You obviously were a mouth piece in my opinion.

Oh yea, if I happen to be wrong which is seldom my apology and Welcome to the site. 😛

-VR
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 14:10
    @rowin-side said
    My loss will be due to Suzianne distracting me.
    Well, as it was me sir who provided you with the name 'Lame Duck' it might as well be me who validates it.
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '19
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:23
    @Very-Rusty

Wrong! You have insulted my outspoken and eccentric nature. Now as an apology you must join the clan 😉 it is the only way to forgiveness. Join us Rusty, join us.
  4. Joined
    28 Feb '19
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:25
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    If you lose you join the clan?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:301 edit
    @rowin-side said
    @Very-Rusty

Wrong! You have insulted my outspoken and eccentric nature. Now as an apology you must join the clan 😉 it is the only way to forgiveness. Join us Rusty, join us.
    LOL...I'll do that soon as Hell freezes over!!! 😛 😉

I'm not sure about YOU yet!

-VR
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:50
    @rowin-side said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    If you lose you join the clan?
    If I lose I will devour my own head.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 16:12
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If I lose I will devour my own head.
    Try playing someone at least 200 points higher than yourself and see how Cocky you are! 😛 😉

-VR
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 16:30
    @very-rusty said
    Try playing someone at least 200 points higher than yourself and see how Cocky you are! 😛 😉

-VR
    I played and beat Aspasia who carries a rating (2190) 400 points higher than my own.

You done that?......
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 16:36
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I played and beat Aspasia who carries a rating (2190) 400 points higher than my own.

You done that?......
    Then it appears you may be Sandbagging your own rating, and no I've never Sandbagged my rating to that extent. Perhaps you should be in the Lemondrop Clan. 😛 😉

-VR
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 18:45
    @very-rusty said
    Then it appears you may be Sandbagging your own rating, and no I've never Sandbagged my rating to that extent. Perhaps you should be in the Lemondrop Clan. 😛 😉

-VR
    No, I believe my current rating is a fair reflection of my playing ability. (But doesn't exclude me from beating higher rated opponents, now and then).
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 20:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, I believe my current rating is a fair reflection of my playing ability. (But doesn't exclude me from beating higher rated opponents, now and then).
    So, are you saying it is something rare that happens? I too have beaten higher rated opponents but not 400 points higher. The point I was making was in your 2 wins your opponent was roughly 200 points lower than you meaning you actually should win those the majority of the time. Having said that, I do believe 200 lower or higher is fair in a Challenge, providing both are playing at their TRUE rating.

-VR
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 21:34
    @very-rusty said
    So, are you saying it is something rare that happens? I too have beaten higher rated opponents but not 400 points higher. The point I was making was in your 2 wins your opponent was roughly 200 points lower than you meaning you actually should win those the majority of the time. Having said that, I do believe 200 lower or higher is fair in a Challenge, providing both are playing at their TRUE rating.

-VR
    His rating wasn't 200 lower than mine when I played him. Obviously. Our clan only does fair challenges. It's one of our core values.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 21:451 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    His rating wasn't 200 lower than mine when I played him. Obviously. Our clan only does fair challenges. It's one of our core values.
    What was it then? It wasn't far from 200 points lower. You said yourself you've beaten a player around 2200, so he would be very low rated. Especially if you beat those 2200 players on a consistant basis. You certainly haven't done it on here, you've only played 256 in 3 years isn't it? 😉

-VR
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 21:50
    @very-rusty said
    What was it then? It wasn't far from 200 points lower. You said yourself you've beaten a player around 2200, so he would be very low rated. Especially if you beat those 2200 players on a consistant basis. You certainly haven't done it on here, you've only played 256 in 3 years isn't it? 😉

-VR
    You were at the back of the queue when they were handing out 'smarts,' hey?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 21:571 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You were at the back of the queue when they were handing out 'smarts,' hey?
    I know you don't play many chess games, now throwing insults will not help your argument~! 😛 😉

You don't even know what his rating was starting the game do you?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree