1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 22:061 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I know you don't play many chess games, now throwing insults will not help your argument~! 😛 😉

You don't even know what his rating was starting the game do you?

-VR
    Again, pairings in our clan are always done fairly. Our ratings would have been close to each other at the time we played.

Let me walk you through it Napoleon. - You play someone in a clan match a few months ago when your ratings are similar. 3 months on the opponent concerned has dropped his rating by 200 points. Does this mean your previous games against the opponent were against someone 200 points below you?

Have a good think about it and send me the answer on a postcard.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 22:172 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Again, pairings in our clan are always done fairly. Our ratings would have been close to each other at the time we played.

Let me walk you through it Napoleon. - You play someone in a clan match a few months ago when your ratings are similar. 3 months on the opponent concerned has dropped his rating by 200 points. Does this mean your previous games against the oppo ...[text shortened]... st someone 200 points below you?

Have a good think about it and send me the answer on a postcard.
    Goad, Pay attention. he hasn't been over 1651 in the last 3 months or 90 days, so his rating didn't fluctuate as much as you are saying it did. Anyone can go and check it out and see it for themselves.

(Think about that while EVERYONE who wants to has a look) Don't bother sending me a postcard!!! 😛 😉

I play in open tournaments where anyone can play so there is a good chance I've played people well under 200 points, there is not choice in the tournaments. Haven't you played in any?

-VR
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 08:23
    @very-rusty said
    Goad, Pay attention. he hasn't been over 1651 in the last 3 months or 90 days, so his rating didn't fluctuate as much as you are saying it did. Anyone can go and check it out and see it for themselves.

(Think about that while EVERYONE who wants to has a look) Don't bother sending me a postcard!!! 😛 😉

I play in open tournaments where anyone can play so there is ...[text shortened]... ple well under 200 points, there is not choice in the tournaments. Haven't you played in any?

-VR
    Again, my rating has 'also' fluctuated, between 1700 - 1800. When we were paired to play each other our ratings would only have been 50 or so points apart, which is pretty insignificant. Any more than that and we simply wouldn't have been paired together.

Do you ever engage your brain?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 15:261 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Again, my rating has 'also' fluctuated, between 1700 - 1800. When we were paired to play each other our ratings would only have been 50 or so points apart, which is pretty insignificant. Any more than that and we simply wouldn't have been paired together.

Do you ever engage your brain?
    I don't care how your rating fluctuated you were saying his rating fuctuated between 1800 and 1500 which was a lie as he hasn't been above 1651 in 90 days!!!

Perhaps I am not the one that needs to engage my brain. 😛

-VR
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 16:123 edits
    @very-rusty said
    I don't care how your rating fluctuated you were saying his rating fuctuated between 1800 and 1500 which was a lie as he hasn't been above 1651 in 90 days!!!

Perhaps I am not the one that needs to engage my brain. 😛

-VR
    Look further back. His rating has been up to nearly 1800. (Again, the 90 days is something you brought up). Are you denying his rating has been near to 1800? Are you physically only capable of going back 90 days?! My games against him were longer than 90 days ago!!!

Indeed, if you compare rating graphs you can even pinpoint the time period when we played our clan challenge, where are ratings we just 50 or so points apart. (Certainly not the 200 points you are having kittens about).

Seriously Napoleon, engage that brain of yours.

Edit: if it helps our matches were Oct/Nov when my rating was in the low 1700's and his 1650+).
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 16:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I played and beat Aspasia who carries a rating (2190) 400 points higher than my own.

You done that?......
    actually: yes. Though I have to admit that luck played a role probably.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 16:21
    @ponderable said
    Congrats.

I usually get undone by such strong players.

😆
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 18:071 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Look further back. His rating has been up to nearly 1800. (Again, the 90 days is something you brought up). Are you denying his rating has been near to 1800? Are you physically only capable of going back 90 days?! My games against him were longer than 90 days ago!!!

Indeed, if you compare rating graphs you can even pinpoint the time period when we played our clan c ...[text shortened]...

Edit: if it helps our matches were Oct/Nov when my rating was in the low 1700's and his 1650+).
    Are you failing to see that it was 5 years for his 1800 rating. I use to be in the 1600's haven't been there for some time now. Things happen to people medically which may lower their rating. I am not the same player I was 5 or 6 years ago. ( You don't really know what his rating was you are guessing)

We were talking about the past 3 months not back before that time. I don't care if he was up in the 1800's doesn't meant anything about where his playing strenght is now. You tried to say it varied 200 points during the course of the game which was not true.

Now, you are trying to twist what you said, and insult me while doing so. At least it does show your TRUE colors!!!

-VR
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 18:10
    @ponderable said
    I once beat a 2000 player in an over the board game in person in a tournament.

He just underestimated me, I would probably never do it again if I played the guy a million times.

I agree luck does play a role when you win against a player rated 400 or more points higher.

-VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 18:26
    @very-rusty said
    Are you failing to see that it was 5 years for his 1800 rating. I use to be in the 1600's haven't been there for some time now. Things happen to people medically which may lower their rating. I am not the same player I was 5 or 6 years ago.

We were talking about the past 3 months not back before that time. I don't care if he was up in the 1800's doesn't meant anything a ...[text shortened]... twist what you said, and insult me while doing so. At least it does show your TRUE colors!!!

-VR
    Are you failing to see his rating hit 1791 last year? I think you are. (I said 'nearly' 1800).

And I did not say his rating varied 200 points during the course of my game with him. You said that and i've tried repeatedly to correct you. Again, I played him last Oct/Nov when our ratings were not very far apart. That his rating is 200 points lower 6 months on is irrelevant.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 18:331 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Are you failing to see his rating hit 1791 last year? I think you are. (I said 'nearly' 1800).

And I did not say his rating varied 200 points during the course of my game with him. You said that and i've tried repeatedly to correct you. Again, I played him last Oct/Nov when our ratings were not very far apart. That his rating is 200 points lower 6 months on is irrelevant.
    You are correct that was his HIGHEST rating which could have been a year ago.

You did say his rating veried 200 points! Which was untrue as his highest in the past 3 months was 1651. So are you saying that he was rated higher than that when you played him? Perhaps I will have a look at his graph and yours at the time the game was played when I have some extra time!!!

Still you shouldn't BRAG about not losing a Clan Game when you've only played 2 games...that is just SILLY!!! Also about beating someone lower rated than yourself! It is not very Sportmanlike!!!

-VR
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 18:44
    @very-rusty said
    You are correct that was his HIGHEST rating which could have been a year ago.

You did say his rating veried 200 points! Which was untrue as his highest in the past 3 months was 1651. So are you saying that he was rated higher than that when you played him? Perhaps I will have a look at his graph and yours at the time the game was played when I have some extra time!!!
    ...[text shortened]... SILLY!!! Also about beating someone lower rated than yourself! It is not very Sportmanlike!!!

-VR
    Indeed, I am correct. (Making you incorrect). - And again, why are you banging on about the last 3 months when I played him nearly 6 months ago?!

As already stated, our matches were Oct/Nov when my rating was in the low 1700's and his 1650+. Accept that and move on.

And newsflash, I was joking when I said I was undefeated. Of course, you were going to check my record and see I had only played 2 games. Why are you always such a humourless aardvark?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 18:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

And newsflash, I was joking when I said I was undefeated. Of course, you were going to check my record and see I had only played 2 games. Why are you always such a humourless aardvark?
    I never think it is funny when you are rubbing a loss in someone's face.

You are Very Unsportmanlike and hardly play the game anyways.

Perhaps someone will do it to you at some point if you ever get the courage to play a higher rated opponent in a Clan Match!!! 😛 I doubt that would happen as you would be scared to play and most high rated players don't rub their wins in their opponents face!!!

-VR
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 20:13
    @very-rusty said
    I never think it is funny when you are rubbing a loss in someone's face.

You are Very Unsportmanlike and hardly play the game anyways.

Perhaps someone will do it to you at some point if you ever get the courage to play a higher rated opponent in a Clan Match!!! 😛 I doubt that would happen as you would be scared to play and most high rated players don't rub their wins in their opponents face!!!

-VR
    Correction to my last post. Instead of calling you an aardvark I should have said Jar Jar Binks.

And there was absolutely no face rubbing. You simply failed (as usual) to follow a joke. You might want to work on that, especially if you want to be a successful clan mascot.

😆
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Mar '19 20:452 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Correction to my last post. Instead of calling you an aardvark I should have said Jar Jar Binks.

And there was absolutely no face rubbing. You simply failed (as usual) to follow a joke. You might want to work on that, especially if you want to be a successful clan mascot.

😆
    Now you try to pass off your bragging as a joke and I don't take a joke, well you are completely wrong.

Joking about beating an opponent is not a joke, it show poor sportmanship on your part.

With the amount of games you play for your clan you'd make a much better mascot than I.

I notice you argue in all the Forums with people who don't agree with your opinion so it isn't just ME!!! Name calling just makes you look bad goad!!! I keep to the higher ground.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree