This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 22:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Isn't Cary a chicks name?
    You must be simple. If that's the case, I apologize. That would answer the question of why you have the maturity level of a pile of road apples
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '16 23:16
    Originally posted by carystover
    You must be simple. If that's the case, I apologize. That would answer the question of why you have the maturity level of a pile of road apples
    Dude you look like a lady!

YouTube : Aerosmith
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 18:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Isn't Cary a chicks name?
    Think Grant, Robbie. 😀
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 19:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Have you ever felt like you were meant for greater things, but everywhere you look, people are mean and nasty, just using other people, stomping on others just to get ahead? Since when did words like honesty, fairness, or integrity mean so little? Tired of trying to keep up with the cheaters and the users? Want to help keep the meaning of fair play aliv ...[text shortened]... t to "fit in" with the others.

And you know what that means.

The Misfits
    Clan 25434
    Good luck with your recruitment drive.
    Send me a challenge when you have some compatible players bearing in mind that I consider all challenges historically and not just on current rating.
    Clan 24514
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 19:30
    Originally posted by Startreader
    Think Grant, Robbie. 😀
    His real name was a dudes name, Archibald Alexander Leach, not a chicks name.😛
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 07:41
    Originally posted by venda
    Good luck with your recruitment drive.
    Send me a challenge when you have some compatible players bearing in mind that I consider all challenges historically and not just on current rating.
    Clan 24514
    We gotta get to the point where we can issue challenges first.

I'm just surprised we're not getting more people wanting in after what I wrote here.

Perhaps the pool has had people peeing in it for far too long already.

Do people really prefer wins over honor? I'm offering an alternative here.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 10:17
    We gotta get to the point where we can issue challenges first.

I'm just surprised we're not getting more people wanting in after what I wrote here.

Perhaps the pool has had people peeing in it for far too long already.

Do people really prefer wins over honor? I'm offering an alternative here.
    I'm not surprised.
    A lot of people just don't read the forums.
    If you regularly look on the forums you must know it's the same people who post over and over.
    The best way to get recruits is to ask people you are playing in games if they're interested in joining a clan.
    I suspect you'll not get a lot of positive response but good luck.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 14:36
    I'm not surprised.
    A lot of people just don't read the forums.
    If you regularly look on the forums you must know it's the same people who post over and over.
    The best way to get recruits is to ask people you are playing in games if they're interested in joining a clan.
    I suspect you'll not get a lot of positive response but good luck.
    And that's where, the forums, she got me to join, actually this one. 😉
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 18:35
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    And that's where, the forums, she got me to join, actually this one. 😉
    That's good Steve.
    But you're a regular forum visitor.
    Hundreds or more never bother.
    Bit like wolfie really.
    It's always the same players with the odd exception
  13. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 20:08
    That's good Steve.
    But you're a regular forum visitor.
    Hundreds or more never bother.
    Bit like wolfie really.
    It's always the same players with the odd exception
    I reckon that RHP's clan challenge system is an almost unique offer in the server chess world. From the clan members point of view it should offer games with players about the same strength so that they are unlikely to be beaten horribly or win too easily. I think players, myself included, have often become disillusioned when they are constantly given games where the odds, however subtly, are always slightly in their favour. When the punch and judy show in the forum continues to drive the narrative it's no wonder that people drift away from what should be a good alternative to the tournament format. If @Suzianne is able to deliver matches with players a little stronger as well as a little weaker she will have my support as leader.

As far as recruiting goes there are a number of clans who have faded or whose leaders have wandered away from the site. Take the SKEPTICS for example Clan 24310 Their leader Richard Laura (hope he is alright BTW) has not moved in nearly a year yet there are still 12 other players in the clan who may be potential recruits.

Clan leader gone AWOL? Looking for a challenge rather than a whitewash? Try The Misfits Clan 25434
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 21:01
    Originally posted by Ragwort
    I reckon that RHP's clan challenge system is an almost unique offer in the server chess world. From the clan members point of view it should offer games with players about the same strength so that they are unlikely to be beaten horribly or win too easily. I think players, myself included, have often become disillusioned when they are constantly given games ...[text shortened]... der gone AWOL? Looking for a challenge rather than a whitewash? Try The Misfits Clan 25434
    I gave you a chance to reside safe in valours glory and you join a fluff and pillow stuffing outfit? The misfits whose avatar looks like a quilt making factory? You who once held immortality in the palm of his hand as an Easy Rider? I can only conclude that its sorcery and you have been bewitched!😛
  15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 21:13
    Have you ever felt like you were meant for greater things, but everywhere you look, people are mean and nasty, just using other people, stomping on others just to get ahead? Since when did words like honesty, fairness, or integrity mean so little? Tired of trying to keep up with the cheaters and the users? Want to help keep the meaning of fair play aliv ...[text shortened]... t to "fit in" with the others.

And you know what that means.

The Misfits
    Clan 25434
    a clan of integrity, honor and fairness should be led by one with those qualities
    I just don't see it
    we will see when she gets the nerve to challenge

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree