1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 08:531 edit
    From Padger's post on the Site Ideas Forum:

"I would like to propose that the new clan challenge rule that the two players be within 200 points, be changed to a 5 year average and within 100 points .this would stop all the lop sided challenges that happen now and be much fairer."

I am re-posting the idea here because the Clan forum seems like the best place for this kind of topic. It seems worthy of discussion to me.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 12:39
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett

"[b]I would like to propose that the new clan challenge rule that the two players be within 200 points, be changed to a 5 year average and within 100 points .this would stop all the lop sided challenges that happen now and be much fairer.
    "

I am re-posting the idea here because the Clan forum seems like the best place for this kind of topic. It seems worthy of discussion to me.[/b]
    We the Easy Riders support this measure because it will stop sandbagging clans like metallica from nefariously gleaning points.
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 17:15
    "Originally posted by Paul Leggett

"[b]I would like to propose that the new clan challenge rule that the two players be within 200 points, be changed to a 5 year average and within 100 points .this would stop all the lop sided challenges that happen now and be much fairer.
    "

I am re-posting the idea here because the Clan forum seems like the best place for this kind of topic. It seems worthy of discussion to me.[/b]
    I am not sure that this proposal will "stop all the lopsided challenges" to any greater extent than the new 200 point rule.

My 5 year average for example, is nearly 100 points lower than my 90 day average despite the 5 year, 1 year and 90 day high being within 12 points. A quick random sample can easily pick up other players like this for example @zumdahl and @bobla45 whereas @carpmaniac71 is an extreme example of the precise opposite.

I think the 200 point rule at least disposes of the ridiculous match ups automatically, whilst allowing clan leaders to use their own skill, judgement and due diligence in offering and accepting challenges.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 17:371 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 17:562 edits
    Originally posted by Ragwort
    I am not sure that this proposal will "stop all the lopsided challenges" to any greater extent than the new 200 point rule.

My 5 year average for example, is nearly 100 points lower than my 90 day average despite the 5 year, 1 year and 90 day high being within 12 points. A quick random sample can easily pick up other players like this for example @zumdah ...[text shortened]... eaders to use their own skill, judgement and due diligence in offering and accepting challenges.
    It would out sandbaggers like @zumdahl and @bobla45 in one swoop!
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 18:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    We the Easy Riders support this measure because it will stop sandbagging clans like metallica from nefariously gleaning points.
    You are nothing but a LIAR!!!!!
    We can show you in MULTIPLE challenges you clan is a party to, where you aren't within
    several hundred points.

You know you are a colluding, cheating liar!!
    We know it too.

Now please shut up and spare us your poopourri scent covered diatribe.
    We all know you are a piece of crap and we can smell you for miles.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 18:203 edits
    robbie carrobie is blown out of the water too!!
  8. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 19:31
    Rubbish Robbie. Deliberate misdirection onto your favourite pantomime villains (ie trolling) as I knew you would when I picked those examples. Perhaps Russ should add up the number of players who have left in disgust at the "antics" and deliberate subversion of the clan system and sue you and the other perpetrators for the lost revenue.

My argument was the proposed 5 year average rule would have the effect of lowering those players challenge rating band when recent averages show them to be stronger.

If you don't wish to participate in polite reasoned discussion fine. Troll in some other thread.
  9. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:00
    i don't think it works, my 5 year average rating is 1176, that takes into account various times i have though of leaving the site and resigned lots of games, i like to think i'm better player than that rating but hey maybe i'm not
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:00
    Rubbish Robbie. Deliberate misdirection onto your favourite pantomime villains (ie trolling) as I knew you would when I picked those examples. Perhaps Russ should add up the number of players who have left in disgust at the "antics" and deliberate subversion of the clan system and sue you and the other perpetrators for the lost revenue.

My argument was t ...[text shortened]... If you don't wish to participate in polite reasoned discussion fine. Troll in some other thread.
    I see you laid out the breadcrumbs nicely for Robbie.
    And he stepped right into it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:032 edits

My argument was t ...[text shortened]... If you don't wish to participate in polite reasoned discussion fine. Troll in some other thread.
    Gee thats bitter not to mention rather hysterical.

As for your assertion about reasoned debate, I think you may find that I myself proposed a rating floor based not on the five year average but the tournament entry rating which fell largely on deaf ears and was opposed by none other than the clan whose players just happen to have five year averages well above their present and in my opinion sandbagged ratings as it stands. Not a single credible reason was proffered on why the tournament entry rating could not be utilized as a rating floor.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:05
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You are nothing but a LIAR!!!!!
    We can show you in MULTIPLE challenges you clan is a party to, where you aren't within
    several hundred points.

You know you are a colluding, cheating liar!!
    We know it too.

Now please shut up and spare us your poopourri scent covered diatribe.
    We all know you are a piece of crap and we can smell you for miles.
    Wow it is a Jazz festival, whup whup whup. I like the sound of trumpets 😵
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:20
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett

"

I have been a strong supporter of using the tournament entry rating as the basis for clan challenges
    it has a built in floor and is much harder to manipulate thus the reason it is used in tournament play
    not perfect, but the better alternative
  14. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:22
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I have been a strong supporter of using the tournament entry rating as the basis for clan challenges
    it has a built in floor and is much harder to manipulate thus the reason it is used in tournament play
    not perfect, but the better alternative
    my tournament rating is more accurate so i would go with this idea
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 20:23
    Gee thats bitter.

As for your assertion about reasoned debate, I think you may find that I myself proposed a rating floor based not on the five year average but the tournament entry rating which fell largely on deaf ears and was opposed by none other than the clan whose players just happen to have five year averages well above their present and in ...[text shortened]... reason was proffered on why the tournament entry rating could not be utilized as a rating floor.
    I think the deaf ears are a result of the accumulated fatigue from
    listening to your drivel for years.

To the point that on the rare occasion that you actually say something sensible, nobody listens.

Too bad !! 😴😴😴😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree