1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 May '09 20:03
    Anyone want to cast a quick review - is it any good?
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 May '09 16:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    By definition, anything which is in any way connected to Dan Brown is utter trash.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    26 May '09 16:431 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Review:

smartass Tom hanks goes to Rome to find out about an inexistent secret organisation, and in the way he meets some crazy bishops.

The film however has an achievement, it contain more bulls**t than the previous one (the da vinci code).
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    26 May '09 22:26
    Originally posted by Starrman
    By definition, anything which is in any way connected to Dan Brown is utter trash.
    Angels and Demons is one of the most enjoyable books ever written, I read it in 3 days and many others have read it just as quick...but you should know by now that it's become cool to slate Dan Brown...you don't have good taste in books if you can enjoy a very fast paced piece of pulp fiction!

The A&D book is far better than the Da Vinci code book and the A&D film if far better than the Da Vinci code film...but sure the Da Vinci code film was rubbish!

The film is ok, a good plot with a decent bit of action but what makes the book great does not translate well into the film, and that's the problem....in a few months you'll have completely forgotten this film ever existed!
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 May '09 23:06
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Angels and Demons is one of the most enjoyable books ever written, I read it in 3 days and many others have read it just as quick...but you should know by now that it's become cool to slate Dan Brown...you don't have good taste in books if you can enjoy a very fast paced piece of pulp fiction!

The A&D book is far better than the Da Vinci code book and the ...[text shortened]... at's the problem....in a few months you'll have completely forgotten this film ever existed!
    Dan Brown is the literary equivalent of adolescent tourette's. The only way in which I can imagine any of his books being considered enjoyable is if I used one to actually kill him whilst shouting 'ice cream!' or 'telly-tubbies!' at him.
  6. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    27 May '09 01:28
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    The film is ok, a good plot with a decent bit of action but what makes the book great does not translate well into the film, and that's the problem....in a few months you'll have completely forgotten this film ever existed!
    The plot has more holes than a slice of swiss cheese.
  7. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    27 May '09 04:27
    Damn. Beat me to it.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    27 May '09 04:45
    The Vatican is the star of this movie. I preferred the book and actually slept through a small part of the middle of the movie. The plot line is contrived. Of course it is. Don't bother with reality or facts or any of that other rubbish. The only question is whether it's enjoyable. Bottom line for me is that Ron Howard really knows how to make a movie.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 23:39
    Don't know why the same people who enjoy vilifying Muslims for no reason movie after movie after movie suddenly go off when Catholics are vilified in two. Ron Howard's Catholic, by the way.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 00:51
    Originally posted by coquette
    Don't bother with reality or facts or any of that other rubbish. The only question is whether it's enjoyable. Bottom line for me is that Ron Howard really knows how to make a movie.
    True...as it's a fictional story i doesn't actually need to rely on facts

Too many very sad people are slating the plot because they fail to realise what the words "fictional" means!
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 01:00
    Dan Brown is the literary equivalent of adolescent tourette's. The only way in which I can imagine any of his books being considered enjoyable...
    So Dan Brown's work is not a great piece of Litriture...it's not suppossed to be, the same way as it's not a factul book! Well Dan Brown has got very rich thanks to the millions that did find his work enjoyable!
  12. e4
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 02:44
    I 've read all his stuff - I like a good piece of nonsense.
    He writes a good story. I prefer Deception Point above everything
    else he has written. That would be a good film.

I see some nutters haver already done it.

YouTube
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 07:55
    Interesting viewpoints and all valid of course.

I really enjoyed the book a few years ago and of course it is total nonsense, but you know what, I'm gonna read it again next week in Sharm on me hols, and I'm going to enjoy it again because I want a little escapism. Think I'll risk the film too (although not in Sharm of course).

Btw I studied the Bard at college and thought most of what I read was complete and utter crap - and i'm an Englishman to boot. Has anyone really considered the difference between panto and As You Like It......there isn't any!

Keep 'em coming Danny Boy....
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 09:25
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Don't know why the same people who enjoy vilifying Muslims for no reason movie after movie after movie suddenly go off when Catholics are vilified in two. Ron Howard's Catholic, by the way.
    Catholics are not vilified in Angels & Demons.
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    03 Jun '09 23:08
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Catholics are not vilified in Angels & Demons.
    OK; the Vatican, which is the center of the Catholic faith, is vilified. Why do you think everyone hates Dan Brown and Ron Howard so much right now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree