Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

1. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    27 Jul '12 02:08
    I am hosting "sort of" a show featuring bad music. I found a couple of 80 ish tunes (Don't go-Yazoo and Please Don't Go- Double You) for a start. What bad songs do you hate or perhaps consider guilty pleasures?
  2. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    27 Jul '12 10:13
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I am hosting "sort of" a show featuring bad music. I found a couple of 80 ish tunes (Don't go-Yazoo and Please Don't Go- Double You) for a start. What bad songs do you hate or perhaps consider guilty pleasures?
    I believe I can fly.

Crappest song ever!

Makes me vomit.

-m.
  3. 27 Jul '12 11:54
    1. Jermaine Stewart "We don't have to take our clothes off"

2. Milli Vanilli
    3. Nick Kershaw .... all their songs
  4. 27 Jul '12 16:20
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I believe I can fly.

Crappest song ever!

Makes me vomit.

-m.
    Anything by Barbara Streisand makes me puke. Even when she gives art songs a whack she butchers these. How did she ever get a recording contract?
  5. 27 Jul '12 16:58
    There is a program called "The Annoying Music Show" on NPR. I believe the show originates from WBEZ Chicago. It usually has excellent examples of bad music.
  6. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    27 Jul '12 19:07
    Thanks for the recommendations. 🙂
  7. 28 Jul '12 14:01
    Start in 1970 and don't stop until you get to the end of 1979. Rich pickings.

And, of course, James Blunt.

Richard
  8. 28 Jul '12 15:36
    Don't mix dirty pleasures with music you can't stand. Dirty pleasures deserves a separate thread
  9. 28 Jul '12 18:07
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Start in 1970 and don't stop until you get to the end of 1979. Rich pickings.

And, of course, James Blunt.

Richard
    Why on earth would you not carry on into the eighties and beyond?
  10. 28 Jul '12 21:42
    Oasis, of course.
  11. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    29 Jul '12 11:49
    Day In, Day Out - David Bowie. Especially the video.
  12. 30 Jul '12 06:16
    Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is (guilty pleasure)
  13. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    30 Jul '12 08:12
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is (guilty pleasure)
    +1

Thanks. Now I got that crappy song in my head. 🙁

-m.
  14. 30 Jul '12 13:07
    I don't know what you mean by "guilty pleasure" but I still enjoy listening to Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody" - perhaps it's a bit much but I like it.
  15. 30 Jul '12 13:12
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Why on earth would you not carry on into the eighties and beyond?
    Because you already have a surfeit of cheese in the seventies alone. There was bad music in the eighties, and there was worse music in the nineties, but the seventies defined cheesy music the way the sixties defined good pop.

Richard