2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 16:15
    Originally posted by richfeet
    NO QUESTION The Dark Side of the Moon!
    richfeet? There's a name from the past!

I'd have to disagree. I'm not sure what my favorite would be....maybe Animals or Meddle, but definitely not DSOTM.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 16:17
    Saucerful of Secrets for me.
  4. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Saucerful of Secrets for me.
    Best piece of Pink Floyd music is unquestionably Echoes. BUT, does that make Meddle the best album?
  5. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:13
    'Wish You Were Here' has always been my favourite Floyd album.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:35
    Originally posted by znsho
    Best piece of Pink Floyd music is unquestionably Echoes. BUT, does that make Meddle the best album?
    It's up there with Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.
  7. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 10:541 edit
    I only discovered Pink Floyd in the mid 80's, so I didn't hear a lot of their early stuff. I had heard the single "Another Brick in the Wall" sometime about 1978 [??], but nothing else.

The first LP (yes, it was still plastic 33s in those days) I heard was Animals, which I consider to be my favourite, in 1984. In the next year or so, I listened to everything they'd recorded, up to and including "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" and Roger Waters' "Radio Kaos" (yeah, I know he'd left by then...) and I even went to Wembley Stadium with a mate in August '85 to see that concert (still got the tickets in my scrapbook).

However, that was only about 20% of my education. Under the influences of certain substances, I started to try to work out what they were singing about, and that's when I realised that Pink Floyd songs are not just a nice melody you can click your fingers and dance to.

Animals is my favourite because I can identify with the kind of people that are being described. Dark Side Of The Moon is a bit weird, because I'm not a nutter, and Wish You Were Here... Well, I'm happy where I am now, thank you very much...

EDIT: If you ask me my favourite single song/tune, the answer would be "Time".
  8. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 11:52
    Probably "Final Cut" is my favourite album.
  9. Standard membermbakunin
    Radio Gnome
    Planet Gong
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 12:52
    atom heart mother is my favourite, a seriously underrated album
  10. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 15:09
    Originally posted by mbakunin
    atom heart mother is my favourite, a seriously underrated album
    i adore the title track and but the rest of the material is somewhat lacking i think. i'd have to nominate the live disc from Ummagumma as my favourite, but if we're talking strictly studio albums, i'd have to go with either Meddle or Wish You Were Here.
  11. the highway to hell
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 18:32
    theyre all good, except the wall which was a big mistake
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 20:23
    Meddle tops my list, but soundtrack from "More" is next.
  13. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 20:46
    Originally posted by eamon o
    theyre all good, except the wall which was a big mistake
    Oh please. That whole, "every commercially successful album sucks" thing is so cliché. I wouldn't say 'The Wall' was my favorite Floyd album (Meddle & Animals for me), but I certainly wouldn't call it "a mistake".

Were you the one who said "The Life Pursuit" by B&S sucked too?

Ridiculous.
  14. Illinois
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 17:231 edit
    Originally posted by richfeet
    NO QUESTION The Dark Side of the Moon!
    No question. Conceptually, artistically, musically, creatively, and in terms of production, DSOTM is the best. If you think of Pink Floyd's life as a magnifying glass, DSOTM is the moment when the rays of the Floydian sun were focused into a brilliant burning point of light, scorching a permanent indentation onto the collective unconscious. It can't be beat.

That said, "Echoes," "Grantchester Meadows," and, "Fearless," are my favorite Floyd tracks.
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    15 Mar '08 17:58
    Originally posted by znsho
    I prefer Meddle. It is just a fondness for that period. They were still influenced by a more folk sound. Their melodies were strong. And the songs infectious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree