1. Germany
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 22:30
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I actually have some rap in my collection. One of my favorite jazz recordings over the last few years is by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band in which Dr Dre participates. When I hear some rap it sounds almost like a tenor sax player moving around the beat...not often, mind you. I can see a merge of jazz/rap and hip hop more frequently if they were more of an op ...[text shortened]... d Miles have used rap or hip hop sounds if he were still alive? I think that he may well have.
    A Tribe Called Quest has jazz all over it.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 00:24
    Originally posted by buckky
    Blacks have always produced the best music for my sensibilities. Then came Rap and the whole thing went belly up. Bring back Motown and drop this Rap crap.
    I know I'm late to chime in, but... I couldn't agree more.
  3. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 22:58
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I actually have some rap in my collection. One of my favorite jazz recordings over the last few years is by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band in which Dr Dre participates. When I hear some rap it sounds almost like a tenor sax player moving around the beat...not often, mind you. I can see a merge of jazz/rap and hip hop more frequently if they were more of an op ...[text shortened]... d Miles have used rap or hip hop sounds if he were still alive? I think that he may well have.
    Miles last studio album was a hip hop album. The rapping is pretty funny but the beats are great.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree