1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:071 edit
    I watched Star Trek Enterprise and Trip (Chief Engineer) hooked up with a second rate 'person' from a planet with 2 genders and a 'third wheel' who I guess is the one who gives birth.

Turns out this 'progenerate' type gender is treated almost as slaves and Trip realized 'she' was smarter than they gave her credit for and LEARNED her how to read and some other stuff that was frowned upon.

He almost started a gaylactic war, and the 'progenerate didn't want to go back to 'her' homeworld because of how she was treated and what she learned.

They had to send her back, and she killed herself. She just couldn't go back knowing what she had learned about free will and such.

Captain Archer smoothed things over, but was harsh on Trip about the things he did and his feelings about this culture... but I've got a feeling that Archer would have done the same damn thing and probably fired on them when it came down to cruch time.

Archer claims Trip shouldn't have done anything, and was messing with their culture. He laid a stallar guilt trip on him and I was waiting for the softening blow where he says he would have done the same thing.

Next they ran the credits.

Archer is a hypocrite, and I would punch his FACE. I'd also like to punch the face of the person who wrote that episode... since it goes against every other lesson I've learned from Star Trek.

P-
  2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I watched Star Trek Enterprise and Trip (Chief Engineer) hooked up with a second rate 'person' from a planet with 2 genders and a 'third wheel' who I guess is the one who gives birth.

Turns out this 'progenerate' type gender is treated almost as slaves and Trip realized 'she' was smarter than they gave her credit for and LEARNED her how to read and some ...[text shortened]... .. since it goes against every other lesson I've learned from Star Trek.

P-
    Lesson learned: Don't watch Star Trek Enterprise.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:30
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Too late... I'm hooked now since they run 4 hours on Monday on Sci Fi and Sci Fi is better than NO sci fi. The worst is turning on the station and seeing some stupid ghost hunter finding a hot spot and claiming he heard a voice or got a chill.

One of the biggest 'FAIL' moments was when Archer was warned to take readings of a planet before going down.

Archer asked where her sense of adventure was and all but swung his fist like a pirate... next they went to the planet and all got some infection and nearly killed each other or something.

That's another writer I'd like to punch in the skull. Please, take some readings before you head down like a space pirate on a quest for fun and end up sounding like an idiot.

P-
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:31
    Also... the topic here is not Star Trek, but stupid lessons if you have one to share.

P-
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:54
    Too late... I'm hooked now since they run 4 hours on Monday on Sci Fi and Sci Fi is better than NO sci fi. The worst is turning on the station and seeing some stupid ghost hunter finding a hot spot and claiming he heard a voice or got a chill.

One of the biggest 'FAIL' moments was when Archer was warned to take readings of a planet before going down. ...[text shortened]... u head down like a space pirate on a quest for fun and end up sounding like an idiot.

P-
    You should be through the entire series in about a month, then.
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:54
    Also... the topic here is not Star Trek, but stupid lessons if you have one to share.

P-
    That's what I posted, isn't it?
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:56

P-
    I'm with ya Phlabb--I re-watch Enterprise on Mondays, and that episode was a poor lesson. The prime directive (which doesn't exist yet in Archer's day) NEVER trumped compassion, Not with Kirk or anyone else. Of course, everything trumped the prime directive for Kirk🙂
    Regarding lessons from Star Trek, the best ones for me include "the needs of the one SOMETIMES can outweigh the needs of the many"=loyalty & friendship; everyone has worth (Plato's Stepchildren); tragedy of war (Private Little War)...
    The worst one was an episode of Voyager--don't know the title, but the ship was battling some terrible ordeal throughout the entire episode--they tried everything to prevail over whatever the problem was; they tried one innovative, brilliant idea after another and, at the end of the episode, nothing saved them--the ship exploded. Lesson to be learned = futility ?
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 May '08 05:09
    In Bad Boys II, Will Smith and the other guy say Cuba's Castro is funded by drug dealers, and if they say so then it must be true.

Thanks Hollywood. TV good.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 May '08 06:42

Turns out this 'progenerate' type gender is treated almost as slaves and Trip realized 'she' was smarter than they gave her credit for and LEARNED her how to read and some ...[text shortened]... .. since it goes against every other lesson I've learned from Star Trek.

P-
    You have to realise that Enterprise takes place before the other Star Trek adventures and that it's showing humans evolving into what they're to become.
    That's why they have Archer making mistakes, etc.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 May '08 07:20

He almost started a gaylactic war
    Homosexual Dairies Unlimited.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 13:34
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You have to realise that Enterprise takes place before the other Star Trek adventures and that it's showing humans evolving into what they're to become.
    That's why they have Archer making mistakes, etc.
    I do, but it's no excuse for retardation.

P-
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '08 13:35
    That's what I posted, isn't it?
    No, I'm an interwebs persona... give an example from a TV show.

P-
  13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    09 May '08 16:41

P-
    Alright.

Never automatically think you're a ghost, before you seek the help of a gullible friend, and people start thinking he's crazy so he gets anal probing.

Obviously this is from South Park, involving Cartman, Butters, and a bucket of skinless KFC chicken (Cartman).
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 May '08 04:42

P-
    Phlabb--didya catch Enterprise tonight?
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 May '08 13:38
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Phlabb--didya catch Enterprise tonight?
    Just the last half of the last one where they went into The Expanse.

What did I miss?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree