C#minor
    Moves
    27 May '09 20:22
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Thanks, Wheels.

This is the big red guy:
    http://www.guitargranny.com/electric/gib_es335_cherry.jpg
    Ahhh got you now 🙂

Couldn´t help noticing that the audio track is slightly out of sync with the video. Noticed it by watching the guitar playing before the lip sync too 🙂

That track is really growing on me though!
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 May '09 20:27
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Ahhh got you now 🙂

Couldn´t help noticing that the audio track is slightly out of sync with the video. Noticed it by watching the guitar playing before the lip sync too 🙂

That track is really growing on me though!
    😉

That's because the live audio was too much for the wee camcorder's mic. We took the recorded version and put it on top of the video footage. You must admit our timing is pretty good, no?
  3. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    27 May '09 20:29
    😉

That's because the live audio was too much for the wee camcorder's mic. We took the recorded version and put it on top of the video footage. You must admit our timing is pretty good, no?
    Not bad 🙂

I would say if you got yourself Logic Express you´d be able to get it perfect but that would be just churlish of me 😉
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 May '09 20:31
    Not bad 🙂

I would say if you got yourself Logic Express you´d be able to get it perfect but that would be just churlish of me 😉
    Oh really? That would require a bit of video editing, no? Both tracks (audio and video) are real time.
  5. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    27 May '09 20:44
    Oh really? That would require a bit of video editing, no? Both tracks (audio and video) are real time.
    No problem. Given the audio and video are actually of the same thing, in real time, audio in one track, video in another and just move the audio until if fits!
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 May '09 20:471 edit
    No problem. Given the audio and video are actually of the same thing, in real time, audio in one track, video in another and just move the audio until if fits!
    Evidently, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this simple concept. If the audio is on a click but the video is live, surely there will be some gaffs somewhere, right?

EDIT - Actually scratch that! I forgot we did the audio off the floor. No click.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '09 22:16
    A yamaha guitar with an awesome sound? I'll have to take your word for that...

What should I be looking for in a sound card?
    You can get a decent 4 channel I/O from M Audio, the firewire 410. I had a PC based recording system based on the RME Hammerfall Digiface 8 in, 8 out I/O which is a great I/O and has Midi jacks onboard also. The 410 does not have Midi, I think, wait, I will check it again. I take it back, it does have MIDI in and out. The RME has only 1/4" jack inputs so you need a mixer, which I have, a nice Mackie, 8X4X2. I wish it had direct outs (that way you can send 8 inputs directly into an 8 in and out I/O like the RME, which is an outstanding I/O. The Firewire 410, however has one trick up its sleeve that the RME does not: 2 independent XLR/1/4" input jacks going to two mike preamps, very good ones I might add. So before I had used the RME with a desktop Dell, with Sonar ( I now have Sonar 8, the latest version, been buying into Cakewalk Sonar for 20 years) I still plan to use the RME/Dell setup but I ported the whole thing to a laptop with excellent results using the firewire 410. All you need for that setup is a couple of mikes, stands, mike cables, the 410, laptop and something like Sonar. Cubase and Pro Tools LE are direct competitors, I still like Sonar best, its an individual thing. I like the way Pro Tools LE has punch in and punch out right on the recording screen right up front so if you make a mistake, you can back up and set up a start record time and finish record time and then just play it over and the recording only records during the time you specify so you can fix a track with a goof of only a few seconds on an otherwise spotless track. I mentioned the use of mikes, but you don't have to have an amp to record an electric guitar, just the 410 with a cable from the guitar to the 410, it will amplify that as well, so no problem with noise. I now have the 410/laptop all in one big briefcase. It has a DVD burner so you can use something like CD Maker or some such burning software that lets you pack a full CD worth of cuts, say 20 or 23 separate cuts, it automatically adds a couple three seconds of silence between tracks and records the whole thing in one session so you have an instant demo CD. You can also go direct to MP3 for launching to My Space or some such. Sonar also handles video so you could make a video with a camcorder and do nice tricks with the soundtrack so you can upload a real video to You Tube or whatever.
    Sonar costs about 600 ish bucks for Sonar 8 Producer edition, top of the line, which is what I have, but they have much cheaper ones that don't handle video, just google in Cakewalk and it will take you to their site.
    The whole thing ported to a laptop is so small, it's unreal! For acoustic, couple of mikes, stands, cables, 410, laptop, Sonar and something like Sound forge and a few extra software sets, It all fits in a big briefcase, cept for the mikes and stands. Well the mikes fit in the briefcase too! So it does not even have to be a desktop, but you get faster HD's and such. The laptop has only 5400 RPM HD's but the Desktops START at 7200 RPM, which means more tracks simultaneously, but just as a single musician doing your own thing, you won't have much problem with the slower laptop drives. Just be sure you have two drives, one for the software and another, like a USB2 port drive for the actual recording tracks, that keeps the single HD from banging itself to death! My wife is nagging me to install the Hi Def box, I just got her a 37" LCD set for the bedroom for mothers day (surprised the snot out of her!) so I will cut it off here. So just get the 410, it does amp for audio or guitar!
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 May '09 14:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You can get a decent 4 channel I/O from M Audio, the firewire 410. I had a PC based recording system based on the RME Hammerfall Digiface 8 in, 8 out I/O which is a great I/O and has Midi jacks onboard also. The 410 does not have Midi, I think, wait, I will check it again. I take it back, it does have MIDI in and out. The RME has only 1/4" jack inputs so yo ...[text shortened]... her!) so I will cut it off here. So just get the 410, it does amp for audio or guitar!
    Thanks Sonhouse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree