1. Joined
    03 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 14:42
    What's everyone's favorite horror movie? Personally I really enjoyed Hide and Seek (I wouldn't really call it horror, but that's its classification) and Saw 4. Both great movies. I mostly enjoy a good plot, and good acting.
  2. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 16:561 edit
    i like horror movies where a lot is suggested, but nothing much shown. i don't really like movies with a lot of gore, unless they are very inventive about it and the depiction of the gore is somehow necessary or at least important to the story being told.

not in any particular order:

1. The Omen
    2. Rosemary's Baby
    3. The Blair Witch Project
    4. Saw
    5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original 70s Tobe Hooper version)
    6. Last House on the Left
    7. The Thing (Carpenter)
    8. Alien
    9. Night of the Living Dead
    10. Ring (US version)
    11. Dawn of the Dead
    12. Suspiria
    13. Thirst
    14. Black Sunday
    15. Nosferatu (Herzog)
    16. The Exorcist
    17. Eyes Without a Face
    18. It
    19. Patrick
    20. Nadja
    21. The Serpent and the Rainbow.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 17:17
    Anything where Cher "acts".
  4. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 22:30
    Martyrs
    Switchblade romance
    Last house on dead end street
    The New York Ripper
    Dawn of the Dead (original)
  5. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 18:33
    What about Army Of Darkness? I quite like my horror films to have a bit of a funny side to them....
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 20:44
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    What's everyone's favorite horror movie? Personally I really enjoyed Hide and Seek (I wouldn't really call it horror, but that's its classification) and Saw 4. Both great movies. I mostly enjoy a good plot, and good acting.
    I gotta go with Dawn of the Dead. The first one, from back in the 70s.
  7. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:05
    Oh no, not with those cheasy zombies with their grey make up and slow lumbering (unless it was in the plot that somebody needed to get eaten - the zombies could move suprisingly fast then)

Best Zombie movie has got to be 28 days later, and it also serves as a cautionary tale never to trust animal rights activists - they value animal lives higher than humans.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 01:17
    Just saw 'Wolf Creek' and highly recommend it to everyone.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 08:40
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Oh no, not with those cheasy zombies with their grey make up and slow lumbering (unless it was in the plot that somebody needed to get eaten - the zombies could move suprisingly fast then)

Best Zombie movie has got to be 28 days later, and it also serves as a cautionary tale never to trust animal rights activists - they value animal lives higher than humans.
    All the zombie movies I've seen are on the cheesy-looking side, but I liked the first DotD because of the plot. Survival was everything and if they couldn't get to "an island", barricading oneself in a mall seemed pretty inventive to me. Granted, I was 17 at the time...
  10. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 09:111 edit
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex

the one with the grey makeup is Night of the Living Dead, George A. Romero's first effort. The makeup in Dawn of the Dead, his second zombie movie, was done by the brilliant Tom Savini. personally i'd go with DOTD as the best zombie movie for its satirical humour aimed squarely at consumerism - the protagonists share a shopping mall with a host of zombies who still have the shopping instinct. 28DL and all other modern zombie movies owe a great debt to Romero's pioneering masterpieces.
  11. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 10:45
    Originally posted by TSaffle
    Just saw 'Wolf Creek' and highly recommend it to everyone.
    Now that is a proper horror movie, it is just downright nasty... Plus, more to the point, it should help people take heed that backpacking around strange countires is not always going to end happily....
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 10:521 edit
    The Vampire Lovers was a fav many moons ago. Ingrid Pit had the most amazing breasts I'd ever seen.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01155/portal-graphics-20_1155726a.jpg

These days I keep copies of the Karloff Frankenstein trillogy, Universal new how to make horror flicks in the thirties. Lee's Dracula (although you can't get it in thr UK version yet) and Lee's Mummy.
  13. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 09:291 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The Vampire Lovers was a fav many moons ago. Ingrid Pit had the most amazing breasts I'd ever seen.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01155/portal-graphics-20_1155726a.jpg

These days I keep copies of the Karloff Frankenstein trillogy, Universal new how to make horror flicks in the thirties. Lee's Dracula (although you can't get it in thr UK version yet) and Lee's Mummy.
    Karloff's Mummy was great too - i mean the movie, not Mrs. Karloff. that was from Universal too.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 08:24
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    Karloff's Mummy was great too - i mean the movie, not Mrs. Karloff. that was from Universal too.
    Yes, good one. Very creepy but without the robotic power of lee's version.

I was a fan of Vincent Price although some of the Corman films haven't stood the test of time well.

A good watch if you like the old black and whites is the bride of frankenstein.
  15. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 08:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes, good one. Very creepy but without the robotic power of lee's version.

I was a fan of Vincent Price although some of the Corman films haven't stood the test of time well.

A good watch if you like the old black and whites is the bride of frankenstein.
    you have to hand it to Corman though, his stuff is pretty good for the kind of budgets he used to work with.

have you seen an old movie with a killer sarcophagus retrieved from the ocean depths (it had been aboard a ship that sank)? i saw it many moons ago, but can't recall the name. it gave me the willies - i was then a teenager watching it late at night, home alone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree