I don't like Elton John

I don't like Elton John

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
22 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
The correct answer is Sacrifice.
Oh, and the answer to the other question is:

1 John Lennon's 'Woman' - for one week (fair enough)

2 Joe Dolce - Shaddap you face - for three weeks (Midge Ure must have been pulling his teeth out)

ZellulÀrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Apr 13

Elton John?

Ro

Moves
22 Apr 13

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Elton John?
See post 4 from bottom on previous page.

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Elton John?
"Elton John" is just a nom de plume et lunettes massives.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by georgedickey
How about Amoreena?
Talking Old Soldiers đŸ˜”

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
25 Apr 13

Music adds to a film more than simply filming.

If your children, or grandchildren didn't love the Lion King, then there's something wrong with their upbringing!

As for the music, written by Elton John; if you can't like this, then your own upbringing is in question!!

-m.

Ro

Moves
25 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by mikelom
Music adds to a film more than simply filming.

If your children, or grandchildren didn't love the Lion King, then there's something wrong with their upbringing!

As for the music, written by Elton John; if you can't like this, then your own upbringing is in question!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWa4y3t7qWY

-m.
My 7 year old son doesn't love the Lion King. And I wouldn't put it in the top 10 children's animated films of all time, probably not in the top 20.

I don't know what my other children think about it, as I lost interest in them years ago.

F

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
My 7 year old son doesn't love the Lion King. And I wouldn't put it in the top 10 children's animated films of all time, probably not in the top 20.
My kids [and I, frankly] liked The Emperor's New Groove years ago. It had a song in it by Sting. He's a pop star who changed his name like Elton John did.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
It had a song in it by Sting. He's a pop star who changed his name like Elton John did.
I think Sting acquired the nickname from friends rather than choosing it.

Elton John took his name from Mr Elton and Mr John .... blues artists I think.
(better than Reginald Dwight!)

F

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
I think Sting acquired the nickname from friends rather than choosing it.)
I hope Mr Sumner has the copyright on the name "Sting".

Ro

Moves
26 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
My kids [and I, frankly] liked The Emperor's New Groove years ago. It had a song in it by Sting. He's a pop star who changed his name like Elton John did.
We bought this out of a bargain DVD bucket for my son on a rainy day when we were all tired and just wanted to crash. One of the most underrated Disney films. It's wonderful.

And a case study that you cannot plan to guarantee artistic success. The production was a shambles. Sting's music has to be dropped from the main film, and he was not happy. I bet they were pleased just to get it out the door. And yet it really works, and eventually spawned a sequel and TV series.

By comparison, Sleeping Beauty was painstakingly crafted with no expense spared. And is possibly the dullest Disney film of all time. It is excruciating at times.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Do you?
No, but I respect him

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
no, but then i have a weird dislike of most piano playing singers, tori amos is the only one of the top of my head that i have time for, still not a huge fan though. its okay to have a piano/keyboard in the band, but push em'back and to the side of the stage, almost off it.
Have you heard of Regina Spektor? Check her song called "Blue" [it may be the correct title but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding on youtube.

I'd be interested in your feedback.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 13

Originally posted by FMF
Ben Folds Five was a fun piano-driven trio.
Great example of a band with talent for music and lyrics.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Have you heard of Regina Spektor? Check her song called "Blue" [it may not be the correct title but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding on youtube.]

I'd be interested in your feedback.

edit: I'm not sure what happened but I was replying to stellspafie