Lady GAGA

Standard memberbill718
Culture 24 Feb '11 19:19
  1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 19:19
    I think she is a good singer. I like her voice. I don't understand why she feels the need to jump out of eggs, wear meat dresses, and other freakish stuff. Is this what one needs to do to get noticed these days? Maybe I'm just getting old, but is it not enough just to produce good music?😕
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:21
    Originally posted by bill718
    I think she is a good singer. I like her voice. I don't understand why she feels the need to jump out of eggs, wear meat dresses, and other freakish stuff. Is this what one needs to do to get noticed these days? Maybe I'm just getting old, but is it not enough just to produce good music?😕
    For the most part, good music is not enough. It's a young audience, and they apparently
    value showmanship over talent. Fortunately for her, and us, Lady Gaga has both.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 23:27
    Musically, Lady Gaga is about as valuable as my left shoe, but from a marketing point of view she is a genius. I guess one could say she is the Steve Jobs of the music industry, the "outsider" who is really no outsider but who cleverly manipulates people for profit.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 17:131 edit
    Hendrix used to set fire to his guitar, the Who used to smash their instruments up, the Sex Pistols used to spit on thier audience. It's all theatre.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 18:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hendrix used to set fire to his guitar, the Who used to smash their instruments up, the Sex Pistols used to spit on thier audience. It's all theatre.
    And let's not forget about Samantha Fox or Sabrina. Oh, yes. The good old days were it was all about the music.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 18:51
    Lady Gagagagme shortened her name for marketing purposes! Next she'll jump out of a vat of egg salad and really disgust people!
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 00:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    And let's not forget about Samantha Fox or Sabrina. Oh, yes. The good old days were it was all about the music.
    Yeah, but Samantha Fox is a total hottie! All she needs to do is walk on stage to get me going!😀
  8. England
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 12:13
    It's all theatre.[/b]
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 15:25
    Originally posted by stoker
    She laughs all the way to the bank indeed!
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 17:19
    Iggy Pop told me to F off, Johnny Thunders tried to kick me in the face. Its not theater, its rock and roll.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 17:48
    But those guys (except for the Pistols) had something.....talent.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 03:172 edits
    I suppose by now you all have heard this little kid gone viral singing a gaga song:

YouTube&feature=related

18 million hits!!

It really impressed a lot of people, this song:

nice kids singing the same thing:

YouTube&NR=1

Seems to be the folk process in action!
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 19:13
    Yes, you are getting old.
  14. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 16:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Now don't be peevish. I know other preformers resort to this kind of thing as well, it just seems like a waste of energy, besides, Samantha Fox is a total hottie!!😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree