1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 23:30
    I hear that the other two Zepps are going to tour without Plant. I feel this has to be the worst idea ever in the history of worst ideas in music, other than Zep reforming in first place!

Any other Zep fans agree/disagree?
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 04:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I hear that the other two Zepps are going to tour without Plant. I feel this has to be the worst idea ever in the history of worst ideas in music, other than Zep reforming in first place!

Depends. Are they touring as "Led Zeppelin"? If so, that's just wrong. On the other hand, they're musicians. You can't fault them for doing what they love to do.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 06:20
    Plant and Page have toured together, albeit not as Led Zepplin. My guess is that something similar would be the case if they tour without Plant.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 19:26
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    Depends. Are they touring as "Led Zeppelin"? If so, that's just wrong. On the other hand, they're musicians. You can't fault them for doing what they love to do.
    The news is that they are touring as Led Zep but without Plant as he is busy doing other things.

Page with JPJ +2 session dudes hardly constitutes a reformation of the greatest rock quartet in history!

With respect to Page and Jones...
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 20:42
    The news is that they are touring as Led Zep but without Plant as he is busy doing other things.

Page with JPJ +2 session dudes hardly constitutes a reformation of the greatest rock quartet in history!

With respect to Page and Jones...
    ya, it's not the same....that's like seeing the doors without Morrison
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 09:34
    On the other hand, they will be more Led Zep than Guns n' Roses were Guns n' Roses when they "reformed"...
  7. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 10:31
    I hope it isn't as bad as that "Queen and Paul Rodgers" malarkey.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 21:53
    It's kinda like Pink Floyd without waters, and now without Wright. Or Queen without Freddy. It's not great, but it's better than nothin'. And it's a WHOLE lot better than anything that's been released in the past 20-odd years (rap, grunge, hip-hop, speed metal, or any other of that anti-music)
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 23:001 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    It's kinda like Pink Floyd without waters, and now without Wright. Or Queen without Freddy. It's not great, but it's better than nothin'. And it's a WHOLE lot better than anything that's been released in the past 20-odd years (rap, grunge, hip-hop, speed metal, or any other of that anti-music)
    Agree with that, I try hard to like current stuff but it's mostly so average - guess I'm old,

I just wish they wouldn't call it "Led Zeppelin", it's dishonest somehow. I saw Page & Plant twice in the 90's as "Page & Plant". Unledded and as a straight 4 piece covering Zep stuff. They were great but not presenting them selves as something they no longer are.

I won't be buying a ticket - If I want to see Zep live I'll put the DVD of Earls Court '75 on the plasma!!😏
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 01:04

I think that the worst idea ever had to be when they recorded some nut rapping for the first time..
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 12:26
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I think that the worst idea ever had to be when they recorded some nut rapping for the first time..
    Rap with a capital 'C' 😵
  12. Utrecht
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 13:15
    Zep should not tour at all. A legendary band stops being legendary then.
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 12:032 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I hate comments like this, Its patently untrue. Now don't get me wrong I'm in general agreement about Zep and reforming and all. But comments along the lines that no music has made in the last 20 years that comes close to Zeppelin are ridiculous. And generally come from the fact that the person has stopped trying to find good music and stuck with what they know....

There's plenty that is comparable within any terms you care to set. Particularly if not constrained to a similar musical style and/or genre as Zeppelin....
  14. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 12:061 edit
    Has anybody else noticed how many people seemed to have joined RHP on the 16th of Feb in different years.... 3 different posters, one thread, in a row....
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 19:041 edit
    Originally posted by Mexico
    I hate comments like this, Its patently untrue. Now don't get me wrong I'm in general agreement about Zep and reforming and all. But comments along the lines that no music has made in the last 20 years that comes close to Zeppelin are ridiculous. And generally come from the fact that the person has stopped trying to find good music and stuck with what they k set. Particularly if not constrained to a similar musical style and/or genre as Zeppelin....
    Sorry to hear you "hate" what I say. And this "person has NOT stopped trying to find good music." I tried. It just ain't there. Not that everything put out there these days is rubbish--but NOTHING is put out there these days is worth MY $$$.

Also, there's nothing wrong with "being constrained" to a musical style/genre when that style/genre happens to be The Masters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree