November Voting

November Voting

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Dec 10

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Like Son of Sam's parking violation?
Well we all tried diligently to limit it to 50 words. I thought that was a requirement. If it isn't then what is the real limit? 100 words? 200? give me a number.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
22 Dec 10

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well we all tried diligently to limit it to 50 words. I thought that was a requirement. If it isn't then what is the real limit? 100 words? 200? give me a number.
No, you are quite right. What I was trying to say in as few words as possible is that we are three weeks past the end of a dismal round of voting, and it is hard to see how this competition will be ever be resuscitated, rendering your legal objections to the length of the entries moot.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Dec 10

Originally posted by Raven69
A. I'll always remember the first time I saw her, walking toward me immaculately clothed in a well fitting navy business suit with her long legs being caressed by flesh coloured stockings, her hand firmly clasping the smoking Luger P08 pistol…the blackness engulfed me like cold blanket, but at least the excruciating pain had passed.

B. I'll always remembe ...[text shortened]... se and the lift charged backwards throwing the car 6 feet to the ground.
(better late than never...I forgot I entered, sorry)
1>N
2>M
3>K

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Dec 10

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
No, you are quite right. What I was trying to say in as few words as possible is that we are three weeks past the end of a dismal round of voting, and it is hard to see how this competition will be ever be resuscitated, rendering your legal objections to the length of the entries moot.
He's got a point, and I'm sure all the other entries, except mine, have some technical problems as well that disqualify them 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
He's got a point, and I'm sure all the other entries, except mine, have some technical problems as well that disqualify them 🙂
So we need to submit all the work to the god of English......

Moves
08 Jan 11
1 edit

I
J
F

Good luck

😉

R
Different

Moves
08 Jan 11

First, many apologies for the delay.

Second, yes, G & H should have been disqualified but since I already included them I decided to just leave them in. Since neither one won first place I don't think it really matters that much. I'll be sure to count the words in the entries from now on, which I failed to do this time. 😞

Third, the winners! Finally...

3rd place is shared by:
N. I'll always remember the first time I tried to lift a car in the air with two fork lifts after my buddy, who was on the other fork lift said "Just one more inch higher" and put his lift in reverse and the lift charged backwards throwing the car 6 feet to the ground. – sonhouse

G. I'll always remember the first time I, the second I's more hazy, and then the Is defile before me in an endless identity parade with one I more added with each assignment, each change of face; but I don't need to know who I am to do my work, in fact it's better that I don't; good instincts and a steady hand on the trigger are what count in this business. – Bosse de Nage

2nd place:
A. I'll always remember the first time I saw her, walking toward me immaculately clothed in a well fitting navy business suit with her long legs being caressed by flesh coloured stockings, her hand firmly clasping the smoking Luger P08 pistol…the blackness engulfed me like cold blanket, but at least the excruciating pain had passed. – divegeester

1st place:
J. I'll always remember when I first had the sense of losing my mind (small things at first): "missing" car keys found in my pocket; later, forgetting loved ones' names, unable to find my home... I don't miss it much, sitting in the hazy ether, brown bag full of promise, unsteady in hand, hot in my throat. – FreakyKBH

R
Different

Moves
08 Jan 11

Congrats to the winners! And thank you to the other participants:

B. uzless
C. ChessPraxis
D. karoly aczel
E. neilarini
F. Gatecrasher
H. mikelom
I. black beetle
K. Cartel
M. duecer

Moves
09 Jan 11

What do we win?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jan 11

Originally posted by divegeester
What do we win?
The winners get Raven69's voice as an announcement on our answering machines, or alternately Raven69 singing The yellow rose of Texas as a ringtone.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jan 11

I'd like to thank all the beautiful people who made this possible...

Me.

R
Different

Moves
10 Jan 11

You people are such silly fruitloops.

🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jan 11

Originally posted by Raven69
You people are such silly fruitloops.

🙂
And we wouldn't have it any other way"😉

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jan 11

Congrats Freaky, and thanks Raven 🙂

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jan 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Congrats Freaky, and thanks Raven 🙂
Oh. I'd almost forgotten about all the little people who helped make this possible, too. Thank you, little people!