Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

1. 28 Feb '11 14:52
    The King's speech was the best film of the year. And all the major categories were all pretty much anticipated.

But the failure came to the host-hostess of the event. Next time it should be a comedian who can carry the load of the Oscars !
  2. 28 Feb '11 18:30
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    The King's speech was the best film of the year. And all the major categories were all pretty much anticipated.

But the failure came to the host-hostess of the event. Next time it should be a comedian who can carry the load of the Oscars !
    Or Charlie Sheen.

Yeah a pretty boring show this year. Do we really need ten nominees?
  3. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    28 Feb '11 18:33
    If you had to rewatch either Black Swan or The King's Speech which one would you?
  4. 28 Feb '11 18:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    If you had to rewatch either Black Swan or The King's Speech which one would you?
    Right now, just to get a better grasp of it, The Black Swan despite its absurdities.

It was probably the funnest of the bunch.
  5. 28 Feb '11 19:10
    I cannot remember an Oscar season that I was less interested in. I only realized when they were over that I missed the broadcast. I've probably seen every show in the past 40+ years.

There were no movies that I was particularly interested in. I've seen most of the nominees and Inception was probably my favorite this year; however, not many movies this year have held any interest for me and I don't think I missed anything by missing the Oscars this year.
  6. 28 Feb '11 22:17
    So it comes to this question..are the TV shows (HBO,Stars,and other networks) have better writers and better stories for their TV shows than the film writers?
  7. 28 Feb '11 22:55
    I just can't find the motvation to pay £20 to see The Kings Speech. Guy with stammer overcomes stammer (mostly). The End.

Anyone seen the Hopkins horror flick ''Rite''?
  8. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    01 Mar '11 00:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I just can't find the motvation to pay £20 to see The Kings Speech. Guy with stammer overcomes stammer (mostly). The End.

Anyone seen the Hopkins horror flick ''Rite''?
    £20...where do you live
    Torrents are good, so I'm told lol..
  9. 01 Mar '11 21:42
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    £20...where do you live
    Torrents are good, so I'm told lol..
    Me and the wife, tenner each or there abouts.
  10. 02 Mar '11 13:02
    Eventually these sorry films will make it to the dollar movie. Even then I try and go on a Tuesday when admission is $.50! All these god awful films are worth! I agree with you that I just can't get motivated about a stuttering royal who overcomes stuttering. They package it as if the story is new and compelling. They need to read their Greek history!
  11. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    02 Mar '11 16:13
    Orange Wednesday is the way to go.

Two for the price of one.
  12. 03 Mar '11 22:54
    Anyone seen True Grit or Paul? Worth it?
  13. 04 Mar '11 00:31
    Anyone seen True Grit or Paul? Worth it?
    True Grit was well done. My wife is a Duke fan so she hated it.

As for the King's Speech if all that you want to see are superficial action movies and low brow comedies then stay away. It doesn't enter shallow waters.
  14. 04 Mar '11 14:36
    I was surprised how great True Grit was; despite that is a film we have seen before with John Wayne. The Cohen brothers always have a great taste in their works>>
  15. 04 Mar '11 15:46
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    I was surprised how great True Grit was; despite that is a film we have seen before with John Wayne. The Cohen brothers always have a great taste in their works>>
    This is the one film I truly want to see if only for comparison with the original! Cohen brothers do most everything quite well.