Oscar Night

Oscar Night

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yes

Moves
28 Feb 11

The King's speech was the best film of the year. And all the major categories were all pretty much anticipated.

But the failure came to the host-hostess of the event. Next time it should be a comedian who can carry the load of the Oscars !

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
28 Feb 11

Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
The King's speech was the best film of the year. And all the major categories were all pretty much anticipated.

But the failure came to the host-hostess of the event. Next time it should be a comedian who can carry the load of the Oscars !
Or Charlie Sheen.

Yeah a pretty boring show this year. Do we really need ten nominees?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Feb 11

If you had to rewatch either Black Swan or The King's Speech which one would you?

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
If you had to rewatch either Black Swan or The King's Speech which one would you?
Right now, just to get a better grasp of it, The Black Swan despite its absurdities.

It was probably the funnest of the bunch.

Moves
28 Feb 11

I cannot remember an Oscar season that I was less interested in. I only realized when they were over that I missed the broadcast. I've probably seen every show in the past 40+ years.

There were no movies that I was particularly interested in. I've seen most of the nominees and Inception was probably my favorite this year; however, not many movies this year have held any interest for me and I don't think I missed anything by missing the Oscars this year.

yes

Moves
28 Feb 11

So it comes to this question..are the TV shows (HBO,Stars,and other networks) have better writers and better stories for their TV shows than the film writers?

Moves
28 Feb 11

I just can't find the motvation to pay £20 to see The Kings Speech. Guy with stammer overcomes stammer (mostly). The End.

Anyone seen the Hopkins horror flick ''Rite''?

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by divegeester
I just can't find the motvation to pay £20 to see The Kings Speech. Guy with stammer overcomes stammer (mostly). The End.

Anyone seen the Hopkins horror flick ''Rite''?
£20...where do you live 😛
Torrents are good, so I'm told lol..

Moves
01 Mar 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
£20...where do you live 😛
Torrents are good, so I'm told lol..
Me and the wife, tenner each or there abouts.

s

Moves
02 Mar 11

Eventually these sorry films will make it to the dollar movie. Even then I try and go on a Tuesday when admission is $.50! All these god awful films are worth! I agree with you that I just can't get motivated about a stuttering royal who overcomes stuttering. They package it as if the story is new and compelling. They need to read their Greek history!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Mar 11

Orange Wednesday is the way to go.

Two for the price of one.

Moves
03 Mar 11

Anyone seen True Grit or Paul? Worth it?

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
04 Mar 11

Anyone seen True Grit or Paul? Worth it?
True Grit was well done. My wife is a Duke fan so she hated it.

As for the King's Speech if all that you want to see are superficial action movies and low brow comedies then stay away. It doesn't enter shallow waters.

yes

Moves
04 Mar 11

I was surprised how great True Grit was; despite that is a film we have seen before with John Wayne. The Cohen brothers always have a great taste in their works>>

s

Moves
04 Mar 11

Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
I was surprised how great True Grit was; despite that is a film we have seen before with John Wayne. The Cohen brothers always have a great taste in their works>>
This is the one film I truly want to see if only for comparison with the original! Cohen brothers do most everything quite well.