RHP Prose 2009 VOTING THREAD

RHP Prose 2009 VOTING THREAD

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 May 09

Moves
27 May 09

did i get last place?

h

Moves
27 May 09

Originally posted by trev33
did i get last place?
There were 3 entries that didn't receive any votes, so one the one hand you were in last place, but the good news is that you weren't alone.

Moves
27 May 09

Originally posted by hopscotch
There were 3 entries that didn't receive any votes, so one the one hand you were in last place, but the good news is that you weren't alone.
i think we should have another vote to decide outright last place. i worked hard for that title.

R
Different

Moves
28 May 09

i think we should have another vote to decide outright last place. i worked hard for that title.
I could tell...I guessed yours was written by a middle aged woman...I guess I was close enough.

Moves
28 May 09

Originally posted by Raven69
I guessed yours was written by a middle aged woman
so did a couple of people.

i'm just THAT much in touch with my feminine side.

R
Different

Moves
29 May 09

so did a couple of people.

i'm just THAT much in touch with my feminine side.
That's....nice.

N

The sky

Moves
30 May 09

Originally posted by hopscotch
FYI, if you haven't been paying attention, the competition is not over... a special panel of judges was created for the competition at its inception, and this panel will also be giving a special awards presentation. We are currently deliberating, it shouldn't be too much longer.
Catfoodtim, where art thou?

h

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by Nordlys
Catfoodtim, where art thou?
He's still sulking because he didn't win.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
31 May 09

I still want some criticism on my entry. Hell, I wasn't shy about sharing my unfiltered, yet constructive, thoughts and I would like someone to return the favour.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
31 May 09

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I still want some criticism on my entry. Hell, I wasn't shy about sharing my unfiltered, yet constructive, thoughts and I would like someone to return the favour.
If one of the three I voted for hadn't been entered, your story would have been on my list. I rather liked this paragraph:

Reading people has always been a simple skill and welcome pleasure. Whether the covers of their lives be flawless and unbroken or worn and frayed, people unfold like books before me. Most people live simple lives with mundane little secrets, curiosities at best. Others are truly horrific, reading the bloody, tear streaked pages of their lives is like reading a demon’s guidebook. I remain an aloof observer always.

I'm a big fan of clear, vivid analogies.

My main problem with your story was not your fault -- the word limitation. I could see it as a real short story, drawn out with details to 4-5 pages at least and published in Alfred Hitchcock's magazine. (Is that still around?) The word limitation made it (of necessity) more like a synopsis.

Moves
31 May 09

N

The sky

Moves
31 May 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The kettle is on. Don't forget to bring scones.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
You should be getting it in buckets soon enough. Just wait for the collective POP! as the judges get their fingers out.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
02 Jun 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Bottomless coffee?