Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    05 Sep '10 17:08
    Please read all instructions.

    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    You will have to participate in the voting or you will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you.

    The winner will have a chance to win a subscription!

    ...so I bought a giraffe.


    Finish the sentence in 50 words or less (not including the words I give you).
    You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is September 18, 2010.
  2. 06 Sep '10 17:03
    Originally posted by Raven69
    [b]Please read all instructions.

    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    You will have to participate in the voting or you will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you.

    The winner will have a chance to win a subscription!

    [quote]...so I bought a ...[text shortened]... you).
    You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is September 18, 2010.[/b]
    "Finish the sentence?" Don't you mean 'start the sentence?'
  3. 06 Sep '10 19:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    "Finish the sentence?" Don't you mean 'start the sentence?'
    complete the sentence 😏
  4. Standard member Raven69
    Different
    06 Sep '10 19:45
    Originally posted by PedantKBH
    "Finish the sentence?" Don't you mean 'start the sentence?'
    Just do it.
  5. 06 Sep '10 20:07
    Originally posted by trev33
    complete the sentence 😏
    You complete me.
  6. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    07 Sep '10 00:05
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Just do it.
    This post was sponsored by Nike.
  7. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    07 Sep '10 12:03
    Feeling so blue after selling my gnu, I needed a laugh so I bought a giraffe.
  8. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    07 Sep '10 14:25
    After buying my first executioner's axe I needed to start with something easy, so I bought a giraffe.
  9. 07 Sep '10 14:57
    Needing wine
    with nil but a glass
    how to air the elixir
    without a carafe?

    Spying an even-toe
    nibbling on grass
    cut off the unnecessary
    quite the lifesaver, the giraffe!
  10. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    08 Sep '10 20:09
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Feeling so blue after selling my gnu, I needed a laugh so I bought a giraffe.
    What's gnu?
  11. 08 Sep '10 20:33
    I knew that she wanted a hippopotamus for Christmas but they had just sold the last one so I bought a giraffe.
  12. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    08 Sep '10 20:51
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    What's gnu?
    Pussycat.
  13. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    08 Sep '10 23:50
    No amount of coffee could restore my brains former lucidity, so I bought a giraffe.
  14. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    09 Sep '10 06:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No amount of coffee could restore my brains former lucidity, so I bought a giraffe.
    That should be ' which EXPLAINS why I bought a giraffe🙂
  15. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    09 Sep '10 08:32
    I didn't really want to be the one sticking my neck out, so I bought a giraffe.