1. Club 64
    Moves
    11 May '08 02:24
    Which Video Games would you like to see on the Big Screen and which video games should've stayed video games
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 May '08 05:45
    Originally posted by redfender1
    Which Video Games would you like to see on the Big Screen and which video games should've stayed video games
    I think that video games in general make poor movies.

Can you think of a video game-based movie that was actually good?
  3. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    11 May '08 06:39
    Which Video Games would you like to see on the Big Screen...
    Tetris.
  4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 May '08 11:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. USA
    Moves
    11 May '08 14:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

Final Fantasy
  6. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    11 May '08 14:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Ha!
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    12 May '08 02:17

Never saw Tomb Raider, but with Angie's bod it had to be a decent watch.

I would have liked to see a Syphon Filter movie, I loved that game
  8. Illinois
    Moves
    12 May '08 10:162 edits
    Definitely Splinter Cell, my all time favorite game. A couple years back it sounded like it was in the works, but no news lately as far as I can tell. Who wouldn't want to see a heavily armed American ninja covertly saving the world from terrorists? The whole movie could be one non-stop mission, just like the game. I say, throw out the old playbook that says the hero must struggle valiantly and overcome great odds with great sacrifice - I'd love to see two straight hours of a vastly superior, veteran spy calmly infiltrating enemy bases and thwarting enemy plans one after the other without so much as a hiccup in his cool. Sam Fisher wouldn't even have to say more than a few words. The whole movie would revolve around his unblinking ingenuity. Kind of like the Bourne Identity, except without the main character being such a boob, or a tool. Not to mention the fact that he'll look like a ninja. The appeal of ninjas cannot be underestimated. I'm telling you, Splinter Cell the movie is a freakin' gold mine. Some producer out there needs to get off his butt.

EDIT: And none of the typical BS back story to somehow emotionally link Sam Fisher with the audience. The audience should sit back and be humbled by the awful brilliance of such a cool and collected killing machine. There should be a sense of awe, not empathy. There are enough movies out there that push the "they're human too" aspect of these kinds of protagonists; whereas this movie should stress the admirable excellence and professionalism of an elite special-ops soldier. Save the soft stuff for Splinter Cell 2 or 3.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize how passionate I was about this.
  9. Joined
    01 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 May '08 11:49
    What about Max Payne/Max Payne 2
  10. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 May '08 12:59
    Bubble Bobble
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    12 May '08 19:29
    Smash TV
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    12 May '08 19:30

Indiana Jones was based on Pitfall wasn't it?
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 May '08 20:03
    Dig Dug
  14. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    12 May '08 22:20
    Close this thread - games are not films, and never will be - why isn't there a thread asking what songs should be films, exactly, their two different forms of media entertainment.
  15. Club 64
    Moves
    12 May '08 23:162 edits
    Originally posted by John1916
    Close this thread - games are not films, and never will be - why isn't there a thread asking what songs should be films, exactly, their two different forms of media entertainment.
    Well... I'm just seeing if people still want to see their favorite video games turned into movies. I mean come on, I already know, even you should already know that Hollywood messes up video games turned to movies! Like take for example, ign.com did an April Fool's joke(thank goodness it was only a joke) by showing a fake trailer for the Legend of Zelda movie. But the thing is, is that if Hollywood had made that film, they would be giving the directing rights to some director who will mess up the storyline where it wouldn't even make sense anymore! Therefore making everybody hate that video game to the point where people don't ever want to see that game on shelves ever again. But here's the thing, if Hollywood gives the directing rights over to the company that made that game, then they would know what they're doing. Also, I believe that the only time that they should make a movie, is when the series of that game is about to end, and they want to end it with the best movie that they could ever make that would take place after the last game that they had made! Personally, for me I would like for Castlevania to be on the big screen! Besides I just wanted to see if people still wanted their favorite video games being turned into movies, after I had just explained why I posted this thread in the first place, even though I didn't fully explain it when I started this thread!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree