1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 16:05
    (I put this here since I'm not sure where else this would fit. I guess it's culture-related.)

Since about 2006 or so, I've been playing World of Warcraft. I also played City of Heroes until it was taken down at the end of November. So now I play WoW as my main online game fix.

Most people (thanks to the media, and South Park) have this idea that online gaming is just for 12 year old boys or 40 year old virgins, living in their mom's basement eating cheetos by the pound. I'm part of a growing number of women who play Warcraft, and no, I don't weigh 200 pounds. I'm able to balance gaming time and real-life time very well, TYVM.

I'm just wondering if there are any others here who don't talk about their MMO lives. We could do some raiding or whatever, maybe a guild ('RHP Refugees'? ).

I play Horde on Cairne and Windrunner, and Alliance on Grizzly Hills. If you actually know what I'm talking about in that last sentence, shoot me a PM and I'll let you know my character names and maybe we can go take down the Lich King sometime. 😀
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 17:58
    It's true. It's also for geeks and losers.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Jan '13 02:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    (I put this here since I'm not sure where else this would fit. I guess it's culture-related.)

Since about 2006 or so, I've been playing World of Warcraft. I also played City of Heroes until it was taken down at the end of November. So now I play WoW as my main online game fix.

Most people (thanks to the media, and South Park) have this idea that on ...[text shortened]... u know my character names and maybe we can go take down the Lich King sometime. 😀
    I used to love Warcraft II. But when games all went over to 3D it was all over for me.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Jan '13 09:02

Most people (thanks to the media, and South Park) have this idea that on ...[text shortened]... u know my character names and maybe we can go take down the Lich King sometime. 😀
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Hamlet, Act III, scene II

😉
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '13 10:19
    This was brave. While I don't play World of Warcraft I have been known to play some Diablo but I was dissapointed in the new one. I am a geek/nerd... Who happens to be an athlete. You probably heard of me before, cos I'm kind of a big deal. 😛
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    It's true. It's also for geeks and losers.
    Mila Kunis also plays WoW. Your argument is invalid.

Edit: As does Curt Schilling. In fact, Everquest II made an in-game character of Schilling and every time someone defeats him, Sony donates $5 to ALS research.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 14:21
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    This was brave. While I don't play World of Warcraft I have been known to play some Diablo but I was dissapointed in the new one. I am a geek/nerd... Who happens to be an athlete. You probably heard of me before, cos I'm kind of a big deal. 😛
    I played the hell out of Diablo II (pun intended).

I didn't buy Diablo III because of all the wildly negative reviews.
  8. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 16:11
    Mila Kunis also plays WoW. Your argument is invalid.

Edit: As does Curt Schilling. In fact, Everquest II made an in-game character of Schilling and every time someone defeats him, Sony donates $5 to ALS research.
    Mila Kunis is a geek.

Curt Schilling is a loser.

QED
  9. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '13 08:29
    I play a ton of D1 and D2.. used to play SC1..

....the days when Blizzard North was alive and awesome. sigh.. 😞
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 00:22
    Okay, okay.

I guess creating this thread was not my best idea ever.

😞
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 16:48
    I used to play on Everquest on Sullon Zek (Sanctus Lumen represent!). But now I'm too po' to buy the same game every month.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Jan '13 01:48

Not all of em eat cheetos. There have been many a basement filled with empty pizza boxes and beer cans because the gamer just sits at the computer while he poops in his pants.
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 07:33
    ...and no, I don't weigh 200 pounds.
    300 pounds, then?

800???
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 09:02
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    300 pounds, then?

800???
    Do you have to be a total dick to everybody?

Stick to me. Leave her alone.
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 03:19
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Do you have to be a total dick to everybody?

Stick to me. Leave her alone.
    Go blow, ass munch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree