19 White People Killed Fleeing The Scene - 2020

19 White People Killed Fleeing The Scene - 2020

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Absolutely tragic almost as tragic as calling the police and having them shoot you. He certainly should have done hard time.
The point is, Joe, what merits national media attention is a bit more complex than the simple black and white dichotomy you are pushing. The great majority of police shootings of whites or blacks don't receive such coverage; it depends on the circumstances.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20

@very-rusty said
I've heard that many times before! 😉

-VR
Not from me you haven't.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
2 edits

@no1marauder said
The point is, Joe, what merits national media attention is a bit more complex than the simple black and white dichotomy you are pushing. The great majority of police shootings of whites or blacks don't receive such coverage; it depends on the circumstances.
The lack of media coverage in the 61 UNARMED whites killed by police since 2018 is not indicative of extenuating circumstances in those killings. It is an indication of a lack a journalistic investigation into said circumstances.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said
I'll up the ante even further:

Your a modern day Rembrandt in the "use of the internet" compared to a stupid "right winger" like myself. I'll allow you to present any local news cases that were journalistically investigated in the time frame. We can then see just why they were completely dismissed in the national news media as "61 nothing burgers"?

If you succeed, I'll disappear.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
The lack of media coverage in the 61 UNARMED whites killed by police since 2018 is not indicative of extenuating circumstances in those killings. It is an indication of a lack a journalistic investigation into said circumstances.
That's white victimization paranoia speaking, a syndrome that has no basis in reality.

No, I'm not interested in wasting my time investigating 61 shootings because you want me to. Do your own research into every one and tell me why any merited national media attention.

And since you are suddenly so passionate about this issue, maybe you could tell us what measures you support which would lead to less police killings and/or make police more responsible when they do unjustifiably kill.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@no1marauder said
That's white victimization paranoia speaking, a syndrome that has no basis in reality.
Go down to your local BLM riot and shout "ALL lives matter", no1. See what reality delivers.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20

@sleepyguy said
Go down to your local BLM riot and shout "ALL lives matter", no1. See what reality delivers.
Here's some reality; BLM events are biracial in character as even cursory review of videos of them show. My nephew and I went to one a while back (after the Trayvon Martin killing) and there was no hostility directed at the almost 1/2 of the protesters who were white.

BLM now enjoys majority support in the US ( Tucker Carlson even acknowledged it is considerably more popular than the clown in the WH) so all these right wing fairy tales don't seem to be convincing any but the usual suspects.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
5 edits

@no1marauder said

No, I'm not interested in wasting my time investigating 61 shootings because you want me to. Do your own research into every one and tell me why any merited national media attention.

And since you are suddenly so passionate about this issue, maybe you could tell us what measures y ...[text shortened]... ld lead to less police killings and/or make police more responsible when they do unjustifiably kill.
Who said anything about investigating all 61. If you find a single journalistic investigation ( National or Local ) in the time frame that examines the use of deadly force against one of the white unarmed victims during the time period - I'll leave - Its that simple? Piece of cake...right?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@joe-shmo said
Who said anything about investigating all 61. If you find a single journalistic investigation ( National or Local ) in the time frame that examines the use of deadly force against one of the white unarmed victims during the time period - I'll leave - Its that simple? Piece of cake...right?
No, that would require me to investigate all 61, examine the circumstances and then research media coverage of the event.

That's your job since you are alleging a media bias against reporting similar events based on a participant's "race".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
3 edits

@no1marauder said
No, that would require me to investigate all 61, examine the circumstances and then research media coverage of the event.

That's your job since you are alleging a media bias against reporting similar events based on a participant's "race".
It would require you to find a list of names of the unarmed white men shot by police. Something similar to this for black people.

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2020/know-their-names/index.html

Then all you would have to do is cherry pick one of them.

For example, here is a list of all the police shootings in Cincinnati since 2015. Sorry, plenty of White men in the list, none of them unarmed though.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2020/07/16/list-those-shot-and-killed-cincinnati-area-police-since-2015/5407564002/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
6 edits

Here we go!

https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

"In March, something happened in Kentucky that tragically seems, in light of what happened to Alton Sterling and Philando Castile last week, business as usual. Constable Bobby Smith wanted to serve a warrant to Brandon Stanley, who tried to evade him. Smith tracked Stanley down to a convenience store and shot him dead.

Around the same time in Arizona, Daniel Shaver was playfully waving a pellet gun out of a motel window. A police officer detained him, and despite Shaver complying with all of his demands (there is a video) shot him dead. Also around this time in North Dakota, James Scott, allegedly intoxicated, dropped a gun and fled police officers but refused to put his hands up when detained; they shot him dead.

The men in these cases were white, not black, and yet all three were killed by police officers under circumstances that would almost surely have elicited indignant protest nationwide if they were black.

Cases of this kind are dismayingly numerous. Last February, an officer saw Andrew Thomas get into his SUV, suspected he was drunk and gave chase. Thomas’ vehicle rolled over, and the officer shot him in the neck as he was climbing. Thomas died in the hospital. Then in Fresno last month, Dylan Noble, 19, was stopped by police officers, had his hands up, but after reaching into his waist band was shot several times, at one point lifting his arm to say that he had been shot. There is a video; he’s dead now."

"The heart of the indignation over these murders is a conviction that racist bias plays a decisive part in these encounters. That has seemed plausible to me, and I have recently challenged those who disagree to present a list of white people killed within the past few years under circumstances similar to those that so enrage us in cases such as what happened to Tamir Rice, John Crawford, Walter Scott, Sam Debose and others.

The simple fact is that this list exists."
"When a black man is killed by a cop, do we grieve more because there are 46 million of us as opposed to 198 million whites? I doubt it: most Americans never hear about the white men’s deaths at all."

Darnit...Its a piece written in 2016! Two years prior to my cuttoff. It seems I can't even get myself off of the site!

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
16 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
Here's some reality; BLM events are biracial in character as even cursory review of videos of them show. My nephew and I went to one a while back (after the Trayvon Martin killing) and there was no hostility directed at the almost 1/2 of the protesters who were white.

BLM now enjoys majority support in the US ( Tucker Carlson even acknowledged it is considerably more ...[text shortened]... the WH) so all these right wing fairy tales don't seem to be convincing any but the usual suspects.
Yes they are biracial. Big deal and so what? I've been to a BLM protest far more recently than you apparently, leaving a couple hours before they started busting out windows and the tear gas was deployed. The anti-white sentiment was strong and hateful.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Here we go!

https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

"In March, something happened in Kentucky that tragically seems, in light of what happened to Alton Sterling and Philando Castile last week, business as usual. Constable Bobby Smith wanted to serve a warrant to Brandon Stanley, who tried to evade him. Smith tracked Stanley down to a convenience store and shot him de ...[text shortened]... an't even get myself off of the site!

Just in case you think the author is racist...He's Black...
And there were numerous cases of blacks shot over similar circumstances which did not get national media exposure. It takes more than a mere shooting; police kill over 1000 people a year in the US.

I would say a video certainly makes chances of national coverage more likely + some type of unusual circumstance (like an Australian tourist).

Your "whites are persecuted" theory remains uncovincing. And I'm still waiting for your recommendations on how to reduce police killings and to hold accountable police who unjustifiably kill.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20

@sleepyguy said
Yes they are biracial. Big deal and so what? I've been to a BLM protest far more recently than you apparently, leaving a couple hours before they started busting out windows and the tear gas was deployed. The anti-white sentiment was strong and hateful.
Sorry, I don't believe you except about the tear gas; police rioting was a major problem recently.

There is no part of BLM's agenda or message that is "anti-white" as most Americans now accept.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
And there were numerous cases of blacks shot over similar circumstances which did not get national media exposure. It takes more than a mere shooting; police kill over 1000 people a year in the US.

I would say a video certainly makes chances of national coverage more likely + some type of unusual circumstance (like an Australian tourist).

Your "whites are persecute ...[text shortened]... ommendations on how to reduce police killings and to hold accountable police who unjustifiably kill.
The list by the author is in no way comprehensive.

Again, if you don't care to substantiate your claims with actual evidence don't bother replying to me.