1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:29
    @kevcvs57
    Are you still pleading ignorance about NK not being a Marxist State in any way, shape, or form.

They are all totalitarian,, Kev. Can we go with that?

Trying to bring back McCarthyism to 21st century USA is a non starter earl, you need a realistic strategy if your going to get your retarded gangster re-elected in November.

I'm doing no such thing, Kev. And Trump is not "my gangster", Kev, but thanks for the slur.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 11:54
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @kevcvs57
    Are you still pleading ignorance about NK not being a Marxist State in any way, shape, or form.

They are all totalitarian,, Kev. Can we go with that?

Trying to bring back McCarthyism to 21st century USA is a non starter earl, you need a realistic strategy if your going to get your retarded gangster re-elected in November.

I'm doing no such thing, Kev. And Trump is not "my gangster", Kev, but thanks for the slur.
    Yes they are definitely undemocratic but lumping Cuba in with NK is either intellectually lazy or something even more unworthy of you earl.

“ I'm doing no such thing, Kev. And Trump is not "my gangster", Kev, but thanks for the slur.”
    Well it’s not really a slur on you earl it’s just my opinion of the guy you tend to defend no matter what and whom your going to vote for in November.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:061 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    It’s making headlines because of the disproportionate number of black people in the figures, I don’t know how many times you’ve been pulled up for ignoring this fact.
    It’s so disproportionate that it’s looking likely that there’s a racial element on top of the policy brutality story.
    But if you think it’s an issue, which your figures suggest it is, why aren’t you calling f ...[text shortened]... anised by white supremacist neofascist elements in the trump base and wider ultra right wing groups.
    It’s making headlines because of the disproportionate number of black people in the figures, I don’t know how many times you’ve been pulled up for ignoring this fact.

This is what the author of the times article was writing about in 2016. Cherry picking when to use proportional statistics.

"A common response will be that cops kill more black people proportionately than whites. According to a survey by the Washington Post, whites are 62% of the population but were roughly half of those killed by cops since January 2015, while blacks are 13% of the population but were about a quarter of those killed. However, this isn’t the slam dunk dismissal it may seem.

For example, from the 1970s through the 1990s, claims that too many black people were on welfare were often dismissed on the basis that more whites were numerically—despite that more black people were proportionally. Moreover, many would argue that disproportionate poverty levels among black people render them more likely to encounter police officers in the first place—vastly unfair, but different from the problem being simply cops’ standing racist bias."

https://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

If you are going to talk proportionalities, what are some of the causal links that drove it to that porportion? How about Black on Black GANG VIOLENCE. 50 % of ALL Homicide is Black, that is extrodinaly damning considering they only make up 13% of the US population. GANG VIOLENCE! Literally responsible for over 2000 Black Murders every year...year after year after year. GANNG VIOLENCE is kept in check by POLICE PRESENCE. This movement is focusing on 200 of the 3000 Murders perpetrated on blacks every year. It can't honestly hope to do anything to recover a substantial proportion of those lost black lives as Police Shooting the central tenant of the movement.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:181 edit
    @joe-shmo said

This is what the author of the times article was writing about in 2016. Cherry picking when to use proportional statistics.

"A common response will be that cops kill more black people prop ...[text shortened]... stantial proportion of those lost black lives as Police Shooting the central tenant of the movement.
    OK, so police shootings of civilians are now no big deal to you.

Thanks for sharing.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:271 edit
    @no1marauder said

Thanks for sharing.
    No. There is an inherent causal linkage you are completely missing. If you take a substantial chunk out of Gang Violence you automatically get a substantial chunk of Police Shootings free of charge.

What they are proposing is to hamstring the Police to go after the Police Shooting directly. This will simply shift police shooting deaths to gang violence deaths. Nothing will be gained as far as saving Black Lives. I believe it will swing it even further. Future gang violence + police violence will be strictly greater than current gang violence + police violence in Black communities.
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:36
    @joe-shmo said

"A common response will be that cops kill more black people prop ...[text shortened]... stantial proportion of those lost black lives as Police Shooting the central tenant of the movement.
    If they were killing blacks in shootouts with black gangs it wouldn’t be the same issue at all. It’s unarmed black men and women being killed during misdemeanour type arrests and pullovers, that’s the issue.
    You can go off on as many tangents as you like rather than hold the police to account for their actions but it won’t change the basic premise.
    You do not see BLM protesting the shooting of an armed robber by a patrolman no matter how black the armed robber is.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:422 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    If they were killing blacks in shootouts with black gangs it wouldn’t be the same issue at all. It’s unarmed black men and women being killed during misdemeanour type arrests and pullovers, that’s the issue.
    You can go off on as many tangents as you like rather than hold the police to account for their actions but it won’t change the basic premise.
    You do not see BLM protesting the shooting of an armed robber by a patrolman no matter how black the armed robber is.
    "It’s unarmed black men and women being killed during misdemeanour type arrests and pullovers, that’s the issue."

But its not just Blacks! The database clearly shows this. They kill more unarmed Whites every year. You can hardly find an instance of the White killings making national headline for a decade. The narrative of its "simply racist white cops" killing only blacks is demonstrably FALSE.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:14
    @joe-shmo said
    "It’s unarmed black men and women being killed during misdemeanour type arrests and pullovers, that’s the issue."

But its not just Blacks! The database clearly shows this. They kill more unarmed Whites every year. You can hardly find an instance of the White killings making national headline for a decade. The narrative of its "simply racist white cops" killing only blacks is demonstrably FALSE.
    No I know it’s not just black men and women but it’s not blacks folks fault that white folks just sit on their hands when a fellow white citizen is wrongfully killed.
    But making a drama out if it now just looks like your trying to suppress BLM and any other equality movement on the backs of dead white people you couldn’t care less about until now.
    Law enforcement in the US needs root and branch reform to prevent or drastically reduce wrongful deaths at the hands of the police regardless of skin colour so if you really care about the folks in your figures then get on the bandwagon and start campaigning for it.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:252 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    No I know it’s not just black men and women but it’s not blacks folks fault that white folks just sit on their hands when a fellow white citizen is wrongfully killed.
    But making a drama out if it now just looks like your trying to suppress BLM and any other equality movement on the backs of dead white people you couldn’t care less about until now.
    Law enforcement in the US ...[text shortened]... really care about the folks in your figures then get on the bandwagon and start campaigning for it.
    "No I know it’s not just black men and women"

You say you "know", yet it is constantly repeated over and over again as soon as you feel you have to go on the defensive for BLM. You now know that the narrative "Racist White Cops Kill Black People" being pushed is false, but your programming is blocking you from subconsciously acknowledging this fact. That is the problem with the movement. It isn't racially blind, it is distinctly racial, based on a FALSE racial narrative! Starting any problem solution with horribly flawed assumptions leads to horribly flawed results!
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 14:44
    @joe-shmo The narrative of its "simply racist white cops" killing only blacks is demonstrably FALSE.

Yup.

But the propaganda MSM has done a number on people's heads, shamelessly
    showing only white-on-black attacks. That is the root cause of America's
    faux race unrest.
  11. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 15:12
    @no1marauder said

Thanks for sharing.
    Oh give it up, you people make it sound like cops are just wandering around shooting people all the time for no reason.
    The poisonous left wing media that controls our news is pushing that narrative and there is blood on their hands for doing it.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 15:21
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @joe-shmo The narrative of its "simply racist white cops" killing only blacks is demonstrably FALSE.

Yup.

But the propaganda MSM has done a number on people's heads, shamelessly
    showing only white-on-black attacks. That is the root cause of America's
    faux race unrest.
    The hyperbole on both sides of the political spectrum will exaggerate the issue.

But the issue is there.
    And should not be swept under the carpet because of the exaggeration.

I think this thought should be considered more often in today's polarized political environment.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 16:09
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Black Lives Matter co-founder describes herself as ‘trained Marxist’

[i]Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said in a newly surfaced video from 2015 that she and her fellow organizers are “trained Marxists” – making clear their movement’s ideological foundation, according to a report.

Cullors, 36, was the protégé of Eric Mann, former agitator of ...[text shortened]... i]

Please!!

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/
    Black Lives Matter doesn't really have any politics beyond that sentence. Some individuals in BLM are Marxists and others are not. They're also quite decentralised and each Chapter (I think they call them) has its own leadership. So, I imagine that what messages they push at any one time tends to depend on what the local leadership is like and who has the password for the Twitter account.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:00
    @joe-shmo said
    "No I know it’s not just black men and women"

You say you "know", yet it is constantly repeated over and over again as soon as you feel you have to go on the defensive for BLM. You now know that the narrative "Racist White Cops Kill Black People" being pushed is false, but your programming is blocking you from subconsciously acknowledging this fact. That is the problem ...[text shortened]... ve! Starting any problem solution with horribly flawed assumptions leads to horribly flawed results!
    Because the people who hold that narrative are the ones who have suffered at the hands of racism for four hundred years and as late as the 60s they were getting beaten down and attacked by police dogs for not wanting to sit at the back of the bus and numerous other apartheid laws. And now no matter how you try to fudge it, innocent Black folks are getting unlawfully murdered by police officers in proportionately far greater numbers than whites, and when they protest they get hit with a wall of racism and a white supremacist backlash, accusations of Marxist plots to overthrow capitalism, just about anything other than addressing the issue of racism in America and the police force in particular.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 21:40
    I'll be my objective best, here, Kev.

@kevcvs57
    Because the people who hold that narrative are the ones who have suffered at the hands of racism for four hundred years and as late as the 60s they were getting beaten down and attacked by police dogs for not wanting to sit at the back of the bus and numerous other apartheid laws.

Yes, and whites, too.

And now no matter how you try to fudge it, innocent Black folks are getting unlawfully murdered by police officers in proportionately far greater numbers than whites,

Not true, Kev.

and when they protest they get hit with a wall of racism and a white supremacist backlash,

true, and that is wrongful.

accusations of Marxist plots to overthrow capitalism, just about anything other than addressing the issue of racism in America and the police force in particular.

True, Marxists are forever trying to overthrow capitalism. And the Marxists that
    founded BLM will tell you (I have posted it) that they are well schooled in Marxism.

And the police forces are sometimes brutally wrongful, a terrible problem.
    But I would not be so sure to claim it is all because of racism. More white
    people than black get the same treatment, including wrongful deaths.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree