19 White People Killed Fleeing The Scene - 2020

19 White People Killed Fleeing The Scene - 2020

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
16 Jul 20

Local, state and the federal government keep very poor statistics on police violence. While there are more white people killed by the police, per capita the rate is far higher for black people.
"Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence also showed that 99 percent of all officers involved in all police killings had no criminal charges pressed against them." https://www.statista.com/chart/21872/map-of-police-violence-against-black-americans/

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2020-06-03/data-show-deaths-from-police-violence-disproportionately-affect-people-of-color
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2246987-us-police-kill-up-to-6-times-more-black-people-than-white-people/

A new analysis of 5,494 police-related fatalities between 2013 and 2017 in the US reveals Black people are, on average, 3.23 times more likely to be killed than White people.
Previous research using this same database revealed 1 in 1,000 Black men can expect to die at the hands of police in their lifetime.
In fact, between 2012 and 2018, US police killed more Black men in their 20s than diabetes, pneumonia, chronic respiratory disease, or cerebrovascular disease.
https://www.sciencealert.com/new-analysis-reveals-black-people-in-the-us-are-overwhelmingly-killed-at-the-hands-of-police

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
3 edits

@phranny said
Local, state and the federal government keep very poor statistics on police violence. While there are more white people killed by the police, per capita the rate is far higher for black people.
"Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence a ...[text shortened]... ert.com/new-analysis-reveals-black-people-in-the-us-are-overwhelmingly-killed-at-the-hands-of-police
Answer my last question and I will leave RHP. That is the ante. This is your chance to rid these forums of "vile racist pond scum" that I'm perceived to be.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@joe-shmo said
2020; White; Unarmed = 11
2020,Black; Unarmed = 7

2020; White; Unarmed;Body Cam = 0
2020; Black ;Unarmed; Body Cam = 2

So there were 11! instances of an unarmed white man being shot and killed without any footage...and NOT A PEEP!!!

But the rate!, the rate!, the rate!, the intolerant SCREAM!

The worth of 1 Black man = The worth of 1 White man.
Yeah you might want to check per head of population comparative rates. Raw figures are meaningless without analysis. But I think you knew that when you posted them.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@joe-shmo said
11 Unarmed Whites shot and killed by the police so far in 2020. What were the circumstances? Were ALL 11 completely justified because the victims were white? Can any of you find a single instance JUST ONE in the national news about the victims that calls into question the circumstances in which they occurred? Why is the worth of one white person appar ...[text shortened]... ed - 22

Where is the public outcry?

I will leave RHP if you give me what I ask for.
This still represents a gross over representation of black folks in the figures.
Well whose fault is it if white folks like you spend all their time defending police brutality rather than getting up on their hind legs and demanding an enquiry into shootings of unarmed white folks when they happen?
If it’s the MSMs fault what’s FOX news and the countless white supremacy shock jocks saying about the unlawful killing of white folks by the police?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
Yeah you might want to check per head of population comparative rates. Raw figures are meaningless without analysis. But I think you knew that when you posted them.
Envision this. You are at a party mingling with 20 friends. 17 of them white and 3 of them black. The police come and shoot two of your white friends and one of your black friends. The entire crowd of remaining friends clamors around your black friend that was shot demanding retribution while the other friends lifeless bodies lie in the grass as if invisible. Tell me again about "head of population comparative rates".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@kevcvs57 said
This still represents a gross over representation of black folks in the figures.
Well whose fault is it if white folks like you spend all their time defending police brutality rather than getting up on their hind legs and demanding an enquiry into shootings of unarmed white folks when they happen?
If it’s the MSMs fault what’s FOX news and the countless white supremacy shock jocks saying about the unlawful killing of white folks by the police?
"If it’s the MSMs fault what’s FOX news and the countless white supremacy shock jocks saying about the unlawful killing of white folks by the police?"

They are saying nothing because if you bring it up you are automatically labeled a racist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
3 edits

Still on RHP. Lets up the ante.

Show me one instance in the nations headlines about the questionable circumstances of the police killing an unarmed white man ( they must explicitly mention the victims race as they do for blacks ) in the years 2020 and 2019.

You now have 36 instances of likely unjustified White deaths as compared to 21 Blacks over the same period, surely there must be one?

Show me one, and I'll leave RHP.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@joe-shmo said
"If it’s the MSMs fault what’s FOX news and the countless white supremacy shock jocks saying about the unlawful killing of white folks by the police?"

They are saying nothing because if you bring it up you are automatically labeled a racist.
Why are you bringing it up? To support reforms that would lessen the number of persons killed by police and make police more accountable for their actions?

Nope. You oppose such reforms stridently and vocally.

So why are you, all of a sudden, soooooooooooooooo concerned about killings of white people by the police?

Answer: You're not.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20

@no1marauder said
Why are you bringing it up? To support reforms that would lessen the number of persons killed by police and make police more accountable for their actions?

Nope. You oppose such reforms stridently and vocally.

So why are you, all of a sudden, soooooooooooooooo concerned about killings of white people by the police?

Answer: You're not.
I'm bringing it up now, because like you...I just found out.

Still on RHP marauder. Put those phenomenal google search skills to use and rid your bubble of me.

Ante upped:

Show me one instance in the nations headlines about the questionable circumstances of the police killing an unarmed white man ( they must explicitly mention the victims race as they do for blacks ) in the years 2020, 2019, and 2018.

You now have 61 instances of likely unjustified White deaths as compared to 44 Blacks over the same period, surely there must be one?

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
16 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
Still on RHP. Lets up the ante.

Show me one instance in the nations headlines about the questionable circumstances of the police killing an unarmed white man ( they must explicitly mention the victims race as they do for blacks ) in the years 2020 and 2019.

You now have 36 instances of likely unjustified White deaths as compared to 21 Blacks over the same period, surely there must be one?

Show me one, and I'll leave RHP.
No one cares if you leave RHP. Make your argument and let it stand on its merits.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jul 20

@joe-shmo said
How many votes can we get?

[poll]D146C4AE660499690EDFB8A7E9700A0D[/poll]
They mean exactly the same thing in the poll don't they?

-VR

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
3 edits

@very-rusty said
They mean exactly the same thing in the poll don't they?

-VR
That’s the gist of it Rusty. There is only one correct response. A white life is equal to a black life. Do I have your vote?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jul 20
2 edits

@green-paladin said
No one cares if you leave RHP. Make your argument and let it stand on its merits.
That's your opinion. I doubt its widely held here. I don't believe we have ever had the pleasure of engaging in rational discourse? Are you not aware that I am considered a "vile racist"?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
16 Jul 20

@joe-shmo

Joe, it's perfectly obvious that BLM and the media are only displaying these
wrongful acts when they happen to Afros. There is a reason for this!

They are pushing for racial acrimony and discord. BLM is Marxist.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Jul 20
1 edit

@joe-shmo said
That’s the gist of it Rusty. There is only one correct response. A white life is equal to a black life. Do I have your vote?
I believe every life is important no matter what the colour or religion happens to be. There is good and bad in everyone as you well know.
Oh, of course you have my vote and if every race and religion had been on it you would have to have had a poll saying all races and religions which would have got a yes vote from me.

-VR