1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 19:59
    Bad luck is all relative, of course, but man - that is some bum luck. Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 20:24
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Bad luck is all relative, of course, but man - that is some bum luck. Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning.
    Well...his bed was in Nagasaki...
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 22:03
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yeah, but you can't compare that to two nuclear strikes.
    Possibly, but it isn't over yet. How do we grade pain and suffering? I will salute him, as he was a great man.
    If I start marking my calender, I can fill each day with a story.
    Humm? Steven Biko?
    Maybe a shorter period of suffering, but none the less.

I picture a 100,000 angels coming to pick him up, and take him home. His suffering is over, and he left this earth, after making a contribution for all man kind.
    When will people look at each other as human beings, rather than left/right-black/white/American/French? All people deserve comfort and love.
    Seems to be a tough order to fill. Why?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 22:071 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yeah, but you can't compare that to two nuclear strikes.
    My guess is that Hugh Glass, with MS, isn't going to make it to age 93.

Edit: oh my bad, apparently MS patients have the same life expectancy as the rest of the population. But that's still lower than 93.
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 22:21
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    My guess is that Hugh Glass, with MS, isn't going to make it to age 93.

Edit: oh my bad, apparently MS patients have the same life expectancy as the rest of the population. But that's still lower than 93.
    I am grateful for the 55 years I have had. I I am not hurt really bad, just a consitent thing to deal with.
    It's more mental for me. The possibility the one of my two daughters will carry on the pattern, never rests in my mind.
    I started playing chess, to help keep my mind busy.

May be a bad place to post this, I should do it as a new thread. When I got so mad at FMF about my nephew, I was coming through a bout of steroids to shrink swelling on my brain. I felt like a young stud, strong and mean..... I loved it. Wife hated me... so does FMF.
    Sorry Dude.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 01:34
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Now, you may not have heard of Mr. Yamaguchi, but if ever there was one reason for not feeling sorry for yourself, Mr. Yamaguchi is it!

Mr. Yamaguchi was on a business trip to Hiroshima on August the 6th 1945.
    Not the best of days to be on a business trip in Hiroshima. He got nuked.

He survived though, so it wasn't all bad. Okay, he did have 3rd de ...[text shortened]... nuked there too.

He survived that one as well.

Mr. Yamaguchi died on 4th of January 2010.
    Wow. That man was just glowing with life!
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 02:06
    Now, you may not have heard of Mr. Yamaguchi, but if ever there was one reason for not feeling sorry for yourself, Mr. Yamaguchi is it!

Mr. Yamaguchi was on a business trip to Hiroshima on August the 6th 1945.
    Not the best of days to be on a business trip in Hiroshima. He got nuked.

He survived though, so it wasn't all bad. Okay, he did have 3rd de ...[text shortened]... nuked there too.

He survived that one as well.

Mr. Yamaguchi died on 4th of January 2010.
    I think its a damn shame. The crew of the Enola Gay should have been court martialed for accidentally letting the prick live.
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I think its a damn shame. The crew of the Enola Gay should have been court martialed for accidentally letting the prick live.
    Sorry, I'll have to read more about him. I am always looking for good examples of the way people live life through adversity and pain.

You have your head in your butt dude
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 02:14
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Sorry, I'll have to read more about him. I am always looking for good examples of the way people live life through adversity and pain.

You have your head in your butt dude
    Really? I like to read stories about how people give up after facing the slightest bump in the road and shoot themselves.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 18:01
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I am grateful for the 55 years I have had. I I am not hurt really bad, just a consitent thing to deal with.
    It's more mental for me. The possibility the one of my two daughters will carry on the pattern, never rests in my mind.
    I started playing chess, to help keep my mind busy.

May be a bad place to post this, I should do it as a new thread. When I ...[text shortened]... like a young stud, strong and mean..... I loved it. Wife hated me... so does FMF.
    Sorry Dude.
    why did you have kids if you knew there was a possibility they'd carry MS?

Reveal Hidden Content
    its an honest question, Im not trying to be mean
  11. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 20:08
    ....along with those brave Jap heros at Pearl Harbor.😉
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 05:55
    Originally posted by monster truck
    ....along with those brave Jap heros at Pearl Harbor.😉
    Yeah... let's mix up civilians with military personel... once again.

We held a seance yesterday (if that's how you spell it) and asked Biko what he thought of the matter. He answered:
    "wooo woooo woooo (ghostly sounds) 619? LUXIOURY! When compared to two nuclear strikes. wooo wooo woooo".
  13. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 12:33
    Yeah... let's mix up civilians with military personel... once again.

We held a seance yesterday (if that's how you spell it) and asked Biko what he thought of the matter. He answered:
    "wooo woooo woooo (ghostly sounds) 619? LUXIOURY! When compared to two nuclear strikes. wooo wooo woooo".
    I'm not sure what Mr. Biko's comment about 619 is all about.
    Very nice of you to compare a surprise, pre-war terrorist attack with 2 war-time bombings in which advance notice was given.

Nice logic there Little Boy.

Your Friend
    The Fat Man
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 14:06
    Originally posted by monster truck
    I'm not sure what Mr. Biko's comment about 619 is all about.
    Very nice of you to compare a surprise, pre-war terrorist attack with 2 war-time bombings in which advance notice was given.

Nice logic there Little Boy.

Your Friend
    The Fat Man
    I don't know why you even bother to respond to him with any sincerity at all. Let's face it Shav didn't start this thread because he gives two bleeps about Tsutomu Yamaguchi.

It's kind of pathetic and disgraceful really to use the name of this unfortunate Japanese citizen for one's own twisted little anti-American agenda here on the RHP forums. You'll never see any outcry from that one over the treatment of the Chinese from Imperial Japan during WWII.

But what the hell, I'll play along and be the dutiful, uncaring, obnoxious American citizen that Shav's wants us to be. As such I take great pride in the devastation that my country wreaked on Japan during the war. Even more so than the atom bombs I'm proud of the fire bombing raid of Tokyo on the night of 9–10 March when 279 B-29s bombers killed 100,000 civilians in one raid. More devastation than either the Hiroshima or Nagasaki bombings. Go USA!!!
  15. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 14:12
    I don't know why you even bother to respond to him with any sincerity at all.
    I thought my lack of sincerity was evident in the titles I used to signoff that last post.😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree