1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 14:25
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-will-make-america-lead-again-11603127677

This article was written by Adm. William H. McRaven, USN, Ret.

I have more respect for this man than any other man I have ever known, except my dad, who only rose to the rank of Commander.

He explains, in this article, why he, a career military man, voted for Joe Biden.

For a look into Adm. McRaven's character, I submit this YouTube video of a commencement speech he gave in 2014 to the graduating class at the University of Texas at Austin.

YouTube

Adm. McRaven's wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._McRaven
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 14:40
    It's really frustrating pretending that Biden is a good candidate just to beat Trump. It's even more frustrating that Democrats needlessly put themselves in the exact same situation as 2016, where we yet again have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Joe Biden is a TERRIBLE candidate. Just like Hillary, his only electable feature is that he's not Trump.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 14:48
    @vivify

You're right and when that happens the incumbent usually wins.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 15:19
    @vivify said
    It's really frustrating pretending that Biden is a good candidate just to beat Trump. It's even more frustrating that Democrats needlessly put themselves in the exact same situation as 2016, where we yet again have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Joe Biden is a TERRIBLE candidate. Just like Hillary, his only electable feature is that he's not Trump.
    I am with you. I am not crazy about Trump either, he doesn't even have a dog, a definite sign of questionable character . BUT, if you compare his policies, lower taxes, economic growth, $6500 increase in income in 3 years, lower regulations, trade deals, prosperity, optimism, all the wonderful stuff that has happened, you can see that his policies far outweigh the policies of Biden.

Trump tax cuts provided benefits to middle and lower income americans, whose benefits substantially exceeded the benefits of the upper income brackets. If you reverse Trump tax cuts, you will take those benefits away. $6500 per family will be gone. It really will. This is not me talking. The Hoover Stanford study is reporting this. Serious stuff. And I sont even bore you with the jobs that will disappear. Ha, imagine Pelosi and Biden saying you can have $20 minimum wage....oh, goody goody. Corps can't afford it, so good luck on getting a job where you might earn that.

So, neither is a 'good' candidate, Biden is crooked, Trump has rough edges. So, focus on the policies .
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 15:29
    @vivify said

If Joe wins what do you suppose he will do to make our lives better?
    I'm thinking for starters he could take credit for Trumps accomplishments. After that he can blame Trump for his own policy blunders.
    Sounds like a solid plan, doesn't it...
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 15:30
    @lemon-lime said
    I'm thinking for starters he could take credit for Trumps accomplishments. After that he can blame Trump for his own policy blunders.
    You want to say like Trump?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 15:34
    @ponderable said
    You want to say like Trump?
    Okay...

I like Trump.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 15:39
    @averagejoe1 said
    So, neither is a 'good' candidate, Biden is crooked, Trump has rough edges. So, focus on the policies .
    Trump, like Biden, doesn't have any policies. They both read scripts handed to them by their camps.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:12
    @vivify said
    Trump, like Biden, doesn't have any policies. They both read scripts handed to them by their camps.
    And if you dig a little deeper you might also discover...

YouTube
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:19
    @averagejoe1 said
    I am with you. I am not crazy about Trump either, he doesn't even have a dog, a definite sign of questionable character . BUT, if you compare his policies, lower taxes, economic growth, $6500 increase in income in 3 years, lower regulations, trade deals, prosperity, optimism, all the wonderful stuff that has happened, you can see that his policies far outweigh the pol ...[text shortened]... neither is a 'good' candidate, Biden is crooked, Trump has rough edges. So, focus on the policies .
    Where's my $6500?
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:19
    @lemon-lime said
    Actually, and I have heard this from different pundits, Trump will laugh and say, to Biden's 'plans',,,,"Ha, I've already DONE that!!! 😛 You know, he really has no fresh ideas, not that we need any. Oh, re-fit all buildings with smaller windows to save energy!! Oh, speaking of energy, stop fossil fuels......, do you want to pay $6/gallon? You will............
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:21
    @vivify said
    Vivify, y'all make up your minds. I think you have said that he does not listen to his advisers. Of course, I agree that he does not. Hey, Joe is 'practicing for debate' today, Trump is running all over. Is Biden not the weakest shrimpiest man you have ever seen?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:24
    @vivify said

Trump cares about nothing and no one except himself.

Biden cares about America and believes in America.

It may sound simplistic to you, but, IMO, this is a minimum requirement for the President of the US. A requirement that Trump spectacularly fails.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:25
    @averagejoe1 said
    Is Biden not the weakest shrimpiest man you have ever seen?
    No, Ted Cruz is. Lindsey Graham is a close second.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:26
    @averagejoe1 said
    Actually, and I have heard this from different pundits, Trump will laugh and say, to Biden's 'plans',,,,"Ha, I've already DONE that!!! 😛 You know, he really has no fresh ideas, not that we need any. Oh, re-fit all buildings with smaller windows to save energy!! Oh, speaking of energy, stop fossil fuels......, do you want to pay $6/gallon? You will............
    Trump hasn't done squat, except remove us from treaties and obligations and made us a laughing stock in the world.

Oh, wait. No, I take that back, he does do ONE thing.

He lies. Incessantly. If his mouth is moving, he's lying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree