Go back
AI anti-trust lawsuit

AI anti-trust lawsuit

Debates


CHARLES BUIST, CHEYENNE HUNT,
CHRISTINE BULLOCK, and NICK
SPETSAS are the plaintiffs.

https://apnews.com/article/antitrust-lawsuit-ai-slowdown-anthropic-openai-spacexai-google-960af4308161eaf4ed13c383b0ce1c1b

So the big AI companies are seeking an antitrust exemption. I watch the corporate TV news every day and nobody on there mentioned this even once.

https://careeraheadonline.com/ai-antitrust-exemption-debate-heats-up

https://www.bloomberglaw.com/public/desktop/document/BuistetalvAnthropicPBCetalDocketNo326cv10693NDCalSep182026CourtDo?doc_id=XB2DGFVVCI9HORMAMOFMINMJF4


Not much of a debate here. I guess I will assume nobody wants the biggest AI companies to get an anti-trust exemption. But what about the anti-trust lawsuit against them? Is it justified?

The plaintiffs are suing them because they colluded to slow down AI development. Not because AI companies decided to slow down. But because they "colluded" to slow down.


@Metal-Brain

Do you switch chess openings as fast as you switch conspiracy theories?


@Metal-Brain

I'm not saying you are wrong with this one, I didn't read any of it, I'm just saying you are all over the place. 😐


@T-R-O-L-L said
@Metal-Brain

Do you switch chess openings as fast as you switch conspiracy theories?
There is nothing theoretical about the anti-trust lawsuit and request for an anti-trust exemption. I am merely asking what people on here think about it.


@T-R-O-L-L said
@Metal-Brain

I'm not saying you are wrong with this one, I didn't read any of it, I'm just saying you are all over the place. 😐
I have not posted any opinion to be wrong or right about yet.
Reading the links would be a good first step.

Vote Up
Vote Down

@T-R-O-L-L
Anthropic lost almost $2 for every dollar it made in sales, and that trend is accelerating.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/leaked-anthropic-ipo-prospectus-shows-42bn-net-loss-518bn-unfunded-spending-commitments-and

Vote Up
Vote Down

@T-R-O-L-L
From the link below:

"Nvidia's CEO said as much in an interview with CBS News aired on Sunday. He accused the leaders of the frontier AI labs of being disingenuous in their warnings that, without more AI oversight, the products they are building could harm humanity in myriad forms.

"Go and read between the lines," Huang said, referring to AI leaders calling for government regulation of the industry. "They're actually not asking for more laws. They're asking to be relieved of the laws we do have."

https://www.businessinsider.com/nvidia-jensen-huang-ai-regulation-anthropic-amodei-openai-altman-trump-2026-9

https://www.wired.com/story/openai-backs-bill-exempt-ai-firms-model-harm-lawsuits/