1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 19:48
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy#Perfect_solution_fallacy
    OK, what do you suggest. I favor the imperfect solution.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 19:52
    Originally posted by normbenign
    OK, what do you suggest. I favor the imperfect solution.
    I favour the imperfect solution that's better than the other imperfect solutions.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 21:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I favour the imperfect solution that's better than the other imperfect solutions.
    Yeh, me too.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 22:03
    Originally posted by normbenign
    [b]your obtuseness starts to be embarrassing.

It is you who are obtuse. Try defining the terms specifically. The guy who shot the wrong person, and fled, how is he in any sense of the word, good?

If your English is poor, just admit it, and don't continue to try to outsmart native speakers by using improper words.[/b]
    "The guy who shot the wrong person, and fled, how is he in any sense of the word, good?"

he isn't, that's the fukin point. an obvious point to everyone here except you who are either playing dumb or actually dumb.

should he have actually shot the carjackers he would have been a hero. everyone in the stupid "good guy with a gun" camp, you leading, would have screamed how the carjackers got what they deserve and that this is a perfect example of good guy with a gun stopping bad guys. except that he missed and hit an innocent bystander, something that is obvious to everyone that is possible whenever someone tries to be a "good guy with a gun". everyone but you

trained police officers sometimes shoot innocent bystanders. with years of training and more years of police experience. what do you think are your chances? in most countries people won't let someone like you make such life and death decisions without training. america is special however.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree