1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:50
    @metal-brain said
    You can't post a single article?
    For someone who claims to religiously follow the news, you are incredibly ignorant of even the most well-known aspects of the investigation.

I was on my phone and can't give links from it, but I gave you an article. Google it.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 13:53
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Is it DOJ policy to leak every aspect of an ongoing investigation? I mean it is not like meuller has adhered to any policy.
    Mueller hasn't leaked at all which is why your Republican buddies in the House have to keep trying to obstruct justice by making huge demands for sensitive documents regarding an ongoing criminal investigation (Wray, Trump's appointed FBI Director, stated he has had to assign a 100 staff members just to meet Congressional document demands).
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:06
    @no1marauder said
    For someone who claims to religiously follow the news, you are incredibly ignorant of even the most well-known aspects of the investigation.

I was on my phone and can't give links from it, but I gave you an article. Google it.
    Did Mueller say that himself or is that just pundit opinion?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:161 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Did Mueller say that himself or is that just pundit opinion?
    Mueller rarely says anything in public. But it is a longstanding DOJ policy, which you would know if you read that article or any of the many that describe the policy in detail.

EDIT: Well, a practice:

The IG’s report on the Comey investigation outlines in detail the Justice Department’s practices in heeding sensitivities when deciding about whether and how to take action on an investigation in advance of an election.

“No Department policy contains a specific prohibition on overt investigative steps within a particular period before an election,” the report notes. But the department has “a longstanding unwritten practice to avoid overt law enforcement and prosecutorial activities close to an election, typically within 60 or 90 days of Election Day.” The IG reported that some officials put the time period at 60 days, while others cited a 90-day timeframe.

In each of the past three presidential election years, the sitting attorney general has issued a reminder memorandum, though not for midterms. The memo includes a recommendation that employees consult the department’s Public Integrity Section, known as the PIN, “whenever an employee is `faced with a question regarding the timing of charges or overt investigative steps near the time of a primary or general election,’ without regard to the type or category of crime at issue,” according to the IG’s report.

https://www.justsecurity.org/60981/force-muellers-hand-midterms-exceptions-doj-60-day-rule/
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:371 edit
    @Mott-The-Hoople

as a matter of fact, it has just been reported Cohen talked to M for FIFTY HOURS. Spilling the beans, showing where the bodies are buried. And that is just Cohen. There are others ready to spill more beans so don't be so arrogant, it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Anyway, what the FUK does Obama have to do with ANYTHING anyway??
    Is M indicting Obama now?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 14:46
    @no1marauder said
    Mueller rarely says anything in public. But it is a longstanding DOJ policy, which you would know if you read that article or any of the many that describe the policy in detail.

EDIT: Well, a practice:

The IG’s report on the Comey investigation outlines in detail the Justice Department’s practices in heeding sensitivities when deciding about whether and how to take ...[text shortened]... port.

https://www.justsecurity.org/60981/force-muellers-hand-midterms-exceptions-doj-60-day-rule/
    Mere speculation and nothing more. DOJ policy does not apply to Mueller.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 15:24
    @no1marauder said
    Mueller hasn't leaked at all which is why your Republican buddies in the House have to keep trying to obstruct justice by making huge demands for sensitive documents regarding an ongoing criminal investigation (Wray, Trump's appointed FBI Director, stated he has had to assign a 100 staff members just to meet Congressional document demands).
    LOL

“In the only conversation I’ve had with Robert Mueller, I stressed to him the importance of cutting out the leaks,” Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., told “Fox News Sunday” after news of impending indictments in Mueller’s probe was leaked last October. “It’s kind of ironic that the people charged with investigating the law and the violations of the law would violate the law.”

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/25-leaks-about-the-mueller-investigation-and-the-problems-they-may-cause
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 17:50
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LOL

“In the only conversation I’ve had with Robert Mueller, I stressed to him the importance of cutting out the leaks,” Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., told “Fox News Sunday” after news of impending indictments in Mueller’s probe was leaked last October. “It’s kind of ironic that the people charged with investigating the law and the violations of the law would violate the ...[text shortened]... /wjla.com/news/nation-world/25-leaks-about-the-mueller-investigation-and-the-problems-they-may-cause
    Said by a repub with the aim to end the probe and so protect the corrupt POTUS you worship.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 18:00
    @metal-brain said
    Mere speculation and nothing more. DOJ policy does not apply to Mueller.
    Yes it does.
  10. Standard memberStryn
    Blunder Queen
    Moves
    16 Oct '18 19:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 06:28
    @no1marauder said
    Yes it does.
    What is your source of information?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 07:121 edit
    @metal-brain said
    What is your source of information?
    I'm not going to keep showing you water is wet.

Mueller is under Rosenstein who has to approve his investigatory steps. This has, again, been alluded to almost daily in various articles.

Take a look at 28 CFR 600.7 which specifically states Special Counsels "shall comply with the rules, regulations, procedures, practices and policies of the Department of Justice."
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 08:18
    @no1marauder said
    I'm not going to keep showing you water is wet.

Mueller is under Rosenstein who has to approve his investigatory steps. This has, again, been alluded to almost daily in various articles.

Take a look at 28 CFR 600.7 which specifically states Special Counsels "shall comply with the rules, regulations, procedures, practices and policies of the Department of Justice."
    It is a rule? Didn't you call it something else before?

I think you called it a practice or tradition or something like that and didn't imply it was a rule.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 09:382 edits
    @metal-brain said
    It is a rule? Didn't you call it something else before?

I think you called it a practice or tradition or something like that and didn't imply it was a rule.
    Are you illiterate? It's a practice and the rule says that Special Counsels shall comply with all practices etc. of the DOJ.

EDIT: Since CFR stands for "Code of Federal Regulations" the cited section is a regulation not a rule.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 18:04
    @no1marauder said
    Are you illiterate? It's a practice and the rule says that Special Counsels shall comply with all practices etc. of the DOJ.

EDIT: Since CFR stands for "Code of Federal Regulations" the cited section is a regulation not a rule.
    Let me get this straight. The president is being investigated for getting help from Russian election interfering and the policy is to not disadvantage Trump in the mid-term elections?

I'll assume that is because indictments are not convictions. You might want to remember that indictments of Russians for hacking allegations are not convictions. They are merely allegations and nothing more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree