1. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 14:07
    Had Britain not mitigated the neo cons in the US they would probably be at war with Iran already.... the European countries that just opposed them (OK it was morally right, but try explaining morals to an Empire .. any Empire don't work) The republican party started to have a green agenda at the last election only out of self interest.. how did the Dutch or British treat the south african locals when they had the whip hand Guppy Poo? having read my history books I haven't found a moral empire yet... the US aint that bad, yes there are whole swathes of there attitudes and the UKs that i despise, you shouldn't think the citizens of these countries back there govts (definitely not the secret service bits) ... but NO European country has a good human rights record in the countries they colonized.

I do think Iran has a weapons program and I don't think re inventing the cold war is a good idea... the G20 summit is undeniable progress, and will balance the influence of the 3 you dislike. The Economic crisis in these two countries is the reward for the crap foreign policies based on war not trade and it seems they are being re thought.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:21
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    anyone?
    let them do it.

its nobody else's business.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:28
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    let them do it.

its nobody else's business.
    Some of their neighbors might disagree with you.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:34
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Some of their neighbors might disagree with you.
    well, its not like they haven't done anything to provoke that sort of hostility.

the US or Israel has no right to decide who gets to have nuclear weapons and who doesn't (especially considering they have it themselves).
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:431 edit
    well, its not like they haven't done anything to provoke that sort of hostility.

the US or Israel has no right to decide who gets to have nuclear weapons and who doesn't (especially considering they have it themselves).
    I wasn't refering to just Israel. I don't think any other nearby countries are too happy with Iran having nukes and the missiles to deliver them. Would you be?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:48
    I wasn't refering to just Israel. I don't think any other nearby countries are too happy with Iran having nukes and the missiles to deliver them. Would you be?
    if i was an Israeli, i may be scared.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:50
    If they don't like it, too bad.

Would you be?

I wouldn't mind, I doubt Iran would actually do something.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 16:54

[b]Would you be?

I wouldn't mind, I doubt Iran would actually do something.[/b]
    I'm sure your opinion is very comforting to them all.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 17:02
    I'm sure your opinion is very comforting to them all.
    I couldn't care less.
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 03:11
    i too am concerned about a theocratic, militaristic, backwards nation interested in the destruction of an entire ethnicity of people.

and then theres iran!
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 17:20
    Originally posted by grapecritic
    i too am concerned about a theocratic, militaristic, backwards nation interested in the destruction of an entire ethnicity of people.

and then theres iran!
    They're not as crazy as people think they're, they're not going to do anything unless they wanted their country to be nuked by the US.
  12. silicon valley
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:33

might makes right ...
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:35
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    might makes right ...
    what do you mean by this statement?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 20:55

[b]Would you be?

I wouldn't mind, I doubt Iran would actually do something.[/b]
    It's nice to have the luxury of being able to make benefit of the doubt dubious assumptions about crazed religious fundamentalist leaders. Unfortunately, some people don't have the luxury of being able to make those kinds of assumptions... not when their lives are on the line.
  15. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 01:08
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's nice to have the luxury of being able to make benefit of the doubt dubious assumptions about crazed religious fundamentalist leaders. Unfortunately, some people don't have the luxury of being able to make those kinds of assumptions... not when their lives are on the line.
    I assume you're talking about Iranian lives being on the line.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree