1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 01:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's nice to have the luxury of being able to make benefit of the doubt dubious assumptions about crazed religious fundamentalist leaders.
    The Iranians have been running rings round the Americans for 30 years. I am rather inclined to interpret relentless references to their alleged insanity as an attempt to disguise this fact.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 01:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Iranians have been running rings round the Americans for 30 years. I am rather inclined to interpret relentless references to their alleged insanity as an attempt to disguise this fact.
    Perhaps. But I wouldn't be willing to bet anything I wouldn't want to lose on the rationality of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Would you?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 01:54
    Perhaps. But I wouldn't be willing to bet anything I wouldn't want to lose on the rationality of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Would you?
    I'm willing to bet stuff I wouldn't want to lose on the U.S. killing 250,000 innocent Iranians, in a short space of time, at some point in the next decade. So would the Iranians, I bet. And I bet that's why they may well be trying to secure nuclear weapons for themselves. I think Iranian rationality is a far more pressing issue than Iranian irrationality.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 02:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm willing to bet stuff I wouldn't want to lose on the U.S. killing 250,000 innocent Iranians, in a short space of time, at some point in the next decade.
    I'll take that bet.

If, by October 5, 2019, the US has not killed 250,000 or more innocent Iranians within a "short space of time" (oh, what the heck, I'll give you the whole decade), I win. If the US has killed 250,000 or more innocent Iranians, you win.

What do you propose as stakes?
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 02:29
    I'll take that bet.

If, by October 5, 2019, the US has not killed 250,000 or more innocent Iranians within a "short space of time" (oh, what the heck, I'll give you the whole decade), I win. If the US has killed 250,000 or more innocent Iranians, you win.

What do you propose as stakes?
    I humbly suggest you two agree on what the meaning of the word "innocent" is. Are the thugs gunning down Iranian civilians in the street innocent?

Just sayin.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 02:33
    I'll take that bet. If, by October 5, 2019, the US has not killed 250,000 or more innocent Iranians within a "short space of time" (oh, what the heck, I'll give you the whole decade), I win. If the US has killed 250,000 or more innocent Iranians, you win. What do you propose as stakes?
    Your pile of comic books for my pile of history books. 😀
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 02:361 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I humbly suggest you two agree on what the meaning of the word "innocent" is. Are the thugs gunning down Iranian civilians in the street innocent?
    The 250,000 innocent Iranians would be ones who are not gunning down Iranian civilians in the street. Who'd mourn the demise of the latter? But I've never seen the U.S. exercising much in the way of discrimination from 30,000 ft.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 02:431 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your pile of comic books for my pile of history books. 😀
    If the New York Daily News is to be believed then Ahmedinejan is just an assimilated version of a Jewish moniker and Ahmedinejans posturing is nothing more than the ramblings of any would be convert who goes hard so as not to arouse any suspiscion!
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 04:34
    Originally posted by kmax87
    If the New York Daily News is to be believed then Ahmedinejan is just an assimilated version of a Jewish moniker and Ahmedinejans posturing is nothing more than the ramblings of any would be convert who goes hard so as not to arouse any suspiscion!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/05/mahmoud-ahmadinejad-jewish-family

Ahmadinejad has no Jewish roots

Rumours that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's family converted to Islam from Judaism are false. In fact, they are proud Shias

10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 09:58
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/05/mahmoud-ahmadinejad-jewish-family

Ahmadinejad has no Jewish roots

Rumours that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's family converted to Islam from Judaism are false. In fact, they are proud Shias

(taps forfinger on nose) well you would expect the liberal press to protect the identity of "one of their own' now wouldn't you?!?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:10
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    anyone still believe Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons?
    Is it still anyone who doesn't believe that Israel doesn't have nuclear mass destruction weapons?
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:172 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Is it still anyone who doesn't believe that Israel doesn't have nuclear mass destruction weapons?
    Is there anyone who believes that they(the Israeli's) would not exercise more restraint in using that weapon if the need arose?. In terms of likelyhood, which country is more likely to get carried away(Iran or Israel) and let the radiation envelop the region?
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:52
    Is there anyone who believes that they(the Israeli's) would not exercise more restraint in using that weapon if the need arose?. In terms of likelyhood, which country is more likely to get carried away(Iran or Israel) and let the radiation envelop the region?
    Well, so far Israel has killed thousands of Palestinians and the Iranians have killed...uh... nobody.

So go figure.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 11:33
    Don't you think Israel ever will use their nuclear weapons?
    If so, why do they have them in the first place?

Why are everyone afraid that Iran will use their (eventual) nuclear weapons?

If Iran - NO ?
    Then Israel - NO !
    ...in consequence.
  15. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 12:14
    Why is it that the US, the only country who's ever used nuclear weapons are so afraid that... oh, never mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree